[M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: [M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : Merlin :
Merlin1908
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by Merlin1908 »

Spoiler : :
Well played, BP.
After seeing the finale, I started reading back to see how everyone else did. And some things stood out.
You seriously threw another 'I' hint in the 'sunrise' text....
Of course 'I can only be human'. That's not just true because he is human, but also because if 'I' were not human, 'I was the last person to leave Robotics' would suddenly become false. (Or refers to Phoenix again.)
Also, that 'Creative? Your theory doesn't even involve a samurai robot walking on the ceiling...' :XD:
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

H-Hey, I had to give a red truth stating Remiel was human without either using "I am" or "Remiel," cut me some slack

you can also view the other parts now, if you want

And don't forget the 'I' hint in the 'sunset' text!
Merlin1908
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by Merlin1908 »

Spoiler : :
That one is even better... 'You've already fallen for the first trap' by believing I is used as a pronoun.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

That's right. You were warned of the trap before you even started playing!
Ferdielance
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : Oh boy :
(Confident nod that hides absolute bluffing panic.)

Nothing supernatural at all! I mean, there's more than one way to define a 'person.'

By some definitions, 'Blue Screens Inc.' is a person!

The definition of 'person' here is legal person, and you, somehow, are a lawyer who is not a 'legal person.'

...Hmm. You're right about not seeing anyone in the room... so if that's true...

You never left the storage room. You died there! You killed yourself in the storage room after killing Lisa Basil.

And as to why I didn't see you?

Um...

You glued yourself to the ceiling with another container of adhesive before killing yourself!

Now I just need to explain how everyone else died... with the culprit dead... I guess that would mean that the others would have to die in a way that has no culprit. That is, not suicide, and not murder...

The remaining people died by accident. The lights were on a timer that goes off at the end of the work day to save electricity. In the dark, Edgeworth was reminded of the earthquake and panicked. In the scuffle, I was knocked out.

Now, when the security door locked down, we had no way to contact the outside world. As a result, everyone got hungry and ate ramen... experimental ramen. But the ramen was made of self-repairing materials. There is a clue that such a thing is possible: the only way you'd even GET perfectly round ramen is if it had a way of repairing imperfections. The perfectly round ramen noodles were meant for display purposes and were not safe to eat.

They ate the ramen, then came out to check on me to see if I'd woken up... but then the ramen began to self-repair inside of them, choking them to death and making me think they had been strangled!

Creative enough yet?
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : Ferdie :
Remiel: ...
Remiel: Very well, Mr. Wright.
Remiel: This theory is creative.
Remiel: I will concede that to you, at least.
Remiel: As for its accuracy, however...
Remiel: I'm not even sure where to begin.
Remiel: It's true that in the field of law, a "legal person" is not necessarily a "natural person"...
Remiel: But we are not dealing with the law here.
Remiel: I also feel that a corpse glued to the ceiling would be quite noticeable...
Remiel: Still, I will deny your theory from an alternative angle.
Remiel: All deaths in the story were murder.
Remiel: No victim died while the culprit was dead.
Remiel: For the purposes of this test, suicide counts as a "murder."
Remiel: And I suppose that second red truth narrows down the suspect list...
Remiel: But it narrows it to a list I am quite satisfied with. Heh heh heh...
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : Backup plan :
That does narrow it down. It narrows it down to...

(DRAMATIC POINT)

...the android!

Lisa Basil is an android. You said she wasn't a "robot", but not in red - and some people would argue an android isn't the same thing as a robot anyway! She is not a person, and thus could enter and leave the robotics room to kill Gumshoe while our attention was elsewhere without breaking my red truth. Her misleading count of 'five people' included the dead Gumshoe to throw us off!

She was 'dead' in some sense when her throat was slashed, but she turned back on again afterwards. And then it was no problem for her to do the rest of the killings!
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Remiel: No.
Remiel: Robots (and androids) can neither be "alive" nor "dead"...
Remiel: And by that same token cannot be "killed" either.
Remiel: "On" and "off" are not analogs.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : Could it be? :
...Wait... what do you mean a "list you are quite satisfied with?"

I mean, if what you said is true, it would seem like that eliminates Gumshoe and Lisa Basil. But... wait...

Gumshoe faked his death, as I said earlier. Edgeworth pretended to be fooled, and killed him LATER. His red truth was true eventually, just not at the exact moment he spoke it! Because this was a pre-written 'game', you can use the past tense to describe events in the whole thing! Gumshoe WAS murdered by being stabbed in the Robotics room, just not at that point in the story!

Red Truths are true in the form they are written in the notebook... outside of immediate context!

And then... Edgeworth killed Lisa using the samurai robot that walks on walls and ceilings using glue!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Remiel: A test, yes. But this is no mere "game."
Remiel: Therefore, your theory is ridiculous, to put it frankly.
Remiel: But, if only to satisfy you...
Remiel: All red truths issued within the story that employ the past tense refer exclusively to events that occurred prior to the statement of that red truth.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : Errrgghhh :
Maya is an android! Not an android double, since no other Maya appears in the story! This does not count her as a person, but does allow her to be a culprit! She snuck back into robotics and killed Gumshoe.

When we were in nanotech, I saw a... flash, a transition showing time had passed. During that time, I did not notice that Maya had left the room! She is not made of metal, but an advanced nanomaterial, so she would not have been caught by the metal detector. She used glue to walk on the walls and ceilings to escape Larry's notice. She did NOT need the adhesive remover to unstick herself on the way towards the storage room, because she could literally peel off her skin, which would then self-repair! Plus, since she is not a person here, even if he'd caught a glimpse of her and somehow not thought about it, his red truth would still be valid. Inside the storage room, she killed Lisa, then returned unnoticed!

In the end, she 'had no pulse', as a robot, but was not dead. She strangled the others with android strength!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

[click]

[Also I don't think Lisa ever said anything about hyper-advanced non-metal metallic nanomaterial]
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : No... :
(Think. Think. She said it in red... "I killed everyone." But...)

That's not possible! That's not...

How could I have been alive at the conclusion of the game if Maya killed everyone?

No.

If you really did it... say these things in red.

Say that you cut Lisa Basil's throat, fatally, in the storage room.
Say that you strangled Edgeworth and Larry fatally in the hallway.
Say that you stabbed Gumshoe to death inside the robotics room.
And say how you killed me!

I won't believe it until I've heard all of this!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Maya: N-Nick...
Maya: Please, don't make me go through all of it again...
Maya: ...
Maya: O-Okay...
Maya: I stabbed Detective Gumshoe to death inside Robotics.
Maya: I slit Lisa Bail's throat inside Storage.
Maya: I strangled Miles Edgeworth and Larry Butz to death inside the main hallway.
Maya: I...
Remiel: You technically did not die within the story itself.
Remiel: And as for the quibble I anticipate you raising...
Remiel: In this red truth, "everyone" means "everyone who was murdered within the story."
Remiel: It does not mean "everyone in the story" or "everyone in existence."