[M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

smkramer313
Spoken languages: English

Re: [M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Post by smkramer313 »

Spoiler : DJJ6800 :
Both (Larry and Franziska) locked themselves in their respective bathrooms and opened the door for their killer.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Spoiler : :
I cannot catch a break. So that pretty much proves the first incident wasn’t actually Larry’s dead body. Come to think of it, Larry was acting pretty out of character for that first part of the whole thing. So I’m gonna guess that the first incident, and by extension, the confrontation where Larry tried to kill Payne was done by someone other than Larry. In other words, the first Larry was a fake.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

If the first Larry was a fake, then there would need to be something pointing to someone else wearing his disguise (and also evidence someone else in the party was secretly Larry). Do you have any evidence that points to someone else donning Larry's disguise, if the first one was in fact someone else?
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Hm. Looking at it again, I don’t think this is the case, as a side by side comparison of the two Larry’s show they’re pretty much the same. That said, perhaps Larry’s body in the first incident was a fake. So the first incident wasn’t an attempted or faked suicide, it wasn’t an attempted murder based on the fact that Larry wasn’t rendered unconscious. It wasn’t a dummy either so my guess is it was a completely unrelated body disguised as Larry.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

I think you need to elaborate more on what you mean by a "completely unrelated body". The body discovery correlates as one part of the entire story. Therefore, the first body cannot be "completely unrelated" to the overall solution.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Hm. I don't suppose robots were involved? After all, the red truth only said there was no pulse. I've learned to keep my mind open to that stuff after last time.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

Knox’s 4th: It is forbidden for unknown drugs or hard to understand scientific devices to be used.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Heh. That never stopped Bad Player. But I digress. So I'm going with the idea that the body was somebody else. I doubt it's someone other than the people currently in the mansion. It obviously can't be Phoenix, Edgeworth, Payne or Franziska. Gavin was locked in the file room. I'm going with Albert. He's the accomplice. We never really got a good look at Larry's body during the first incident and Albert has de Killer's sprites so maybe he's de Killer?
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

Heh. Very clever. Making my piece into "de Killer". Here's some reds to combat that!
Murder is defined as one person killing another person. A split personality is NOT another person.
There is only one culprit in this case, and only one accomplice.
Also, only persons can kill and only persons can steal in this story.
And to make this mystery easier, Alfred is not the culprit.
The culprit is the one who kills, and must have killed in the story. The accomplice cannot kill.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

I didn't say Alfred was the culprit. I said he was the accomplice. He merely pretended to be Larry in the first incident and helped clear the way for the true culprit. After all, who knows this house better than the owner and the butler?
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

Hmm...alright, that sounds plausible. I'm not going to hit this with a red right now, so I'm going to throw some questions at this. How does Alfred disguising as Larry help the true culprit? Wouldn't that only serve to terrify Larry and Franziska? And why didn't Alfred give Franziska up for the true culprit to have her right then and there? And when exactly did this swap between Larry and Alfred take place?
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

See, the goal in the end WAS to terrify Larry and Franziska. The culprit wanted them to feel afraid for their lives. Specifically, the goal was to isolate them from everyone else. As for why the culprit didn't out Franziska right then and there, it was to cast confusion. For when the swap occurred, it was after the group decided to split up to search for Franziska.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

Oho. Good theory. I can say that I did think about this possibility at one point. Unfortunately for you, though, I can also destroy this possibility! Remember when Alfred said he was going to the hallway and Gavin said he was going to the file room?
Everyone went to their assigned places during the investigation.
And remember what Payne, the detective, said to Edgeworth?
"Oh, there's no need. I can just pair up with Alfred there. You can secure the dining room, Edgeworth."
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Allow me to rephrase my theory. The switch happened after they all left the library. Might I remind you that originally, Alfred was going to search the study with Payne, as suggested by Gavin, but Alfred said he wanted to take the hallway alone. Also, maybe everyone went to their investigation spots, but they didn't necessarily stay in those spots the whole time. I mean Wright went back to the study to warn Edgeworth and Payne.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

There is a problem with the switch happening with the first body and Alfred at all, though. Alfred would have to get up and run from the right bathroom to the hallway and get there before Payne arrived to preserve the illusion. And that trick is impossible for Alfred alone to pull off.

Or if you are suggesting that the Alfred we see is actually "de Killer", then there is a problem. Namely, Alfred's purple. Well you and the Master were the only two to enter the central hallway from that point onward.

Payne and Alfred both saw Alfred's Master running across the hallway. Or are you suggesting that the Alfred we see giving this purple is actually "de Killer"? And if he is "de Killer", can you give a suitable murder theory that answers the locked room mystery behind the study and the first body discovery?