[T][AU]Shattered Glass ○★○○○ (Case 0 Teaser available)

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

PWfan666
Spoken languages: english

Re: [T][AU]Shattered Glass: Turnabout Reversal ●

Post by PWfan666 »

I wonder about that. Personnally, I usually am so eager to play and discover the case that I don't pay attention to what is written beforehand. Having a nice ending music with the credits, while I remember the high turn points of the case, just like at the cinema.

About the
Spoiler : :
anger management issue : Maybe you could add some broken items in the house, so that it may seems at first the defendant did it while searching the house for valuables, but in fact it was the woman who did it out of rage? Like broken vase, broken picture frame of Larry and her, broken glasses, plates...
Last edited by PWfan666 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

Thanks for the input.
I have an idea of how I might fix the final cross examination, I just haven't gotten around to it yet for various reasons. Those are some good ideas though, so I'll keep them in mind.
Image Image Image
jycool

Post by jycool »

Okay... My opinion... I felt like this was a descent reimagining of the first case. My advice for future case is, try to keep the meta jokes to a min. If it's in universe, fine. If it has relevance to the plot, alright. If you're saying 'Oh look how different my universe is!' Then you're doing something wrong. Don't feel the need to suppress them though. I especially liked that attack on super-objections.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?... Well stop it! You're creeping me out! It's my thoughts!
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I'll definitely keep that in mind for future cases. This is just the establishing case after all, so meta jokes that serve to show how different SG is compared to GS will be toned down later on. Was there a particular meta joke you found to be out of place?
Image Image Image
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Is the name "Shattered Glass" literally just so it's a reversal of "GS" when you say "SG"? :P

TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

No, that was just a happy accident. The Shattered Glass name comes from the Shattered Glass universe in the Transformers series where the Autobots are evil and the Decepticons are good. I thought it would be fitting considering the reversal of defense and prosecution.
Image Image Image
TheDoctor

Re: [T][AU]Shattered Glass: Turnabout Reversal V2 ● (updated

Post by TheDoctor »

Legal double post. Just released a major update to the game. I hope you all enjoy it. :)
Image Image Image
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

I just played this! It's an excellent "tutorial-style" case, with a level of difficulty that nicely matches the first cases of the games without being too blindingly obvious at every step. I'll write some more comments up later, but I very much look forward to the continuation of this series.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Thank you, Ferdielance. :)

By the way, I just did a little research on the subject, and apparently, although the APNG extension for Chrome didn't work with the V5 player, it actually does work with the V6 player as of this writing. All you have to to is go to this link to download the extension and all of the Thought Route graphics will display correctly in Chrome (You may have to check the "allow access to file URLs" option in settings, though. Not sure).

So if anyone was holding off on playing this due to avoiding Firefox on principle, now there's another option for you.
Image Image Image
PWfan666
Spoken languages: english

Post by PWfan666 »

I'll play this trial again, just to have that before/after feeling :larry:
Zidiane

Re: [T][AU]Shattered Glass: Turnabout Reversal ◁E(updated)

Post by Zidiane »

Playing through. Got some things to say. Was able to just get to the first (only? How beta is this?) Not Guilty, but I gotta go to work.
I don't like how small the screen is. Please look into a full screen setting in the future. I have to zoom all the way in to feel like it's kinda okay.

I don't like how the item screen is setup. Having the additional info display bellow it is weird, but when the evidence/profile is at the bottom of the screen, you are forced to scroll down with page down or space bar to read it. I'd also like to not be forced to click "present" after already trying to present evidence. You provide all the needed info on the previous screen, so you may as well just have a little box that shows up and says "are you sure you want to present" right over the piece of evidence, at least that way I don't have to scroll around the screen so much

I don't think you really need the bottom screen. This isn't the DS or the 3DS, where you have space that you have to fill up with something. You may as well just make one screen and allow me to click anywhere on the top(only) screen to move the dialogue along.

I would like a text history, but that's a minor thing.

Instead of the display text instantly, could you have a "display text really fast" so that you can move through the game really quick and still get to hear the typewriter sound of words?

The scenes where the phone is ringing drags too long. I think only one ring is really necessary.

I really like the way Edgeworth thinks through the case towards the end. Really fits with all the Attorneys having their own thing. Reminds me of "Think, think, think.... Brain Blast!" from Jimmy Neutron, but that's fine.

I really liked the Super Objection dialogue. That was funny.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Thank you for your comments. This isn't a beta, per se. The first case is complete, minus any minor modifications I would need to make if there are any glitches or typos. The other cases have not been written yet, although I do have a general idea of where I want to go with this series. I just haven't had the time to write the cases at this point.

Regarding points 1-5 in your spoiler, that has more to do with the editor than the case itself. I'm not the one who programmed the engine, so those points are out of my hands. The text history is a good idea though, so I'll suggest it to Unas, see if he'd be willing/able to add that feature.

The phone ringing does kind of drag on for a while, I admit. But I'd rather not change it at this point because it took me a while to get the timing down for the text. I'll try and keep that in mind for future cases though.

Edgeworth thinking through the case is based on the "Thought Route" or "Revisualization" from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destines. It's not something unique to Edgeworth, although it does fit with his use of Logic. He will have his own unique capabilities during investigation segments, but that's another case.

Anyway, thanks for playing. While you're here, you should check out some of the other cases. The featured trials are an excellent place to start. :)
Image Image Image
Zidiane

Post by Zidiane »

The case itself was good, so were the characters. It actually felt like playing an official game. I actually haven't played Dual Destinies yet, so I didn't know that. This Unas, did he make this engine specifically for these Ace Attorney fan games? If so, would talking about points 1-5 with him be something to do? Cause those were really the only problems with my experience, and they'll interfere with all future experiences.

Edit: By "would talking about points 1-5 with him be something to do" I meant me, I'm not like trying to tell you you need to talk to anybody about something.
TheDoctor

Re: [T][AU]Shattered Glass: Turnabout Reversal ● (updated)

Post by TheDoctor »

Yes, Unas is the admin/site programmer. He's the one to talk to about any additional features for the AAO engine. Most (if not all) of us only get to use the editor that he built for making cases.

If you'd like to suggest additional features, you need to go to this section here. http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... m.php?f=13

Be sure to read "how to post a suggestion" before posting anything there though. It'll help.

That said, I think a full screen feature would only do what your browser already does when it zooms in. Since the official sprites are a set height and width, making everything go full screen would either make everything fuzzier or more pixelated. Also, the "bottom screen" is partially used to better emulate the feel of an Ace Attorney game on the DS. Do we need it? Not really, but most people are so used to it, it would be weird, and probably quite awkward to change it. Feel free to post these suggestions however. Unas may actually go for them. It mostly depends on how easy it would be to add to the engine's code and how useful or necessary the feature would be.
Image Image Image
Zidiane

Post by Zidiane »

Thanks, you did help.

And "a full screen feature would only do what your browser already does when it zooms in" not really, since zoomed all the way in like that puts the evidence off screen and makes it frustrating to try have to zoom out, do what I need, then zoom back in and recenter.