[M][CE] At Dawn's Break ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Re: [M][CE] At Dawn's Break ○

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

...Oh god, a chance to write for DWaM?

I couldn't, I couldn't, I couldn't.

(Also, not playing this until whoever gets hired finishes it up~)
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Post by DWaM »

Gav wrote:
Spoiler : :
Yeah, then I tried showing the keys to Patrick again... Nothing's happening.
After examining the door with Baker, and thinking with him, go to Caesar. Then present Pat the keys as Caesar and then go back and think as Patrick.
...And then talk to Pat as Caesar.
Pokemonique

Post by Pokemonique »

Nevermind the deleted comment I made that totally didn't happen haha what am I even talking about
I'm stuck on chapter 2 1/2 now. :cry: I don't know how to write the story. I'm pretty sure I did everything, I talked to and presented everything to LanaDee VaSkye and Mickey Mouse, and I even used tab to find everything clickable. sorry But now I'm stuck at writing the story. :random:
I really like your work, DWaM, keep it up! And you too, Ping. You guys are great at writing. And all the spriters are good at spriting. And Phoenix Wright is good at Wrighting.
And Caesar is good at fighting.
And the bears Earnest hunted are good at biting.
I'm gonna stop now.
EDIT: Plotted out a flowchart and figured it all out. Hot damn, that took like an hour. I really wish I had any sort of writing skill (or time), but I unfortunately do not. I hope you guys find some more writers, though! It's a great series. :D
Last edited by Pokemonique on Sat May 03, 2014 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarthWiader
Spoken languages: Polish, English

Post by DarthWiader »

So... how's the project coming along?
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Finally decided to play this, but I need some help on chapter 1.
Spoiler : Escape :
A fire's just broken out and I've maganed to get myself a loaded pistol (and apparently, a little bit of "nothing.") I feel like the next step is something horribly obvious, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do now.
Last edited by Reverie on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

shoot the wall
WhiteZekrom

Post by WhiteZekrom »

Salutations. I just finished playing every chapter, and I must say, this was certainly an intriguing experience. The manipulation of the Ace Attorney engine in order to create an unique gameplay experience is superb. The characterization is, as Redd White would put it, "splendifirious". And the ending of the last half of the second chapter... *gasp* I think we are all feeling like the four characters: can't take a grasp into the reality of what is happening (in the game).
That said, I cannot wait for the release of the third chapter (and hopefully, the last, LOL, waiting for another chapter besides the third one would be anxious, but worth it, I am sure).
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I finished playing through the Prologue, finally. I played it in v6, and almost everything worked just fine. Even the fades. The few conversion issues will have to be fixed on your side. Thankfully, they were extremely minor.

I plan to put up a comment here after each chapter, as At Dawn's Break really needs more discussion.
Spoiler : Prologue - General Thoughts :
I write this knowing full well that I'll likely have to revise most of what I write here - the prologue is done for the sake of what's coming later, which I don't have a clear feel on right now. I've played through part of this before, but I still sense that I don't have a firm idea of what the story is. That said, I do have a sense of what the prologue is.

The prologue has done some things fantastically well. There's an atmosphere of mystery, suspense, and tension, there even from the beginning. While not immune to being poked fun at, the introduction works. It evokes feelings of remorse, and then, of all things, hope. The full meaning will come with time, but for now, it does get across that suspense, and the mystery of interpretation also helps. It takes time for the tension to set in, which is a good decision. The humor of the early segments has mostly dissipated by the time of the argument with Earnest, and from there, the tension fully takes over as it becomes clear that none of these characters are being entirely forthcoming. And it works! It's a genuinely interesting story; I'm excited for continuing on.

My sense of where the story will be going from here is a lot hazier. There are a lot of things here that I can sense will be played with later. Thematically, what's the significance behind the engraving? Behind the bathroom message? The "Son of Man"? Suicidal pampa poets? That opening? Greek letters? The angel manipulator? There's no clear resolution in sight, and I can only trust that it'll be heading there. So I'll refrain from judging until all that is out in the open.

Now for some more miscellaneous points: The characters work so far, in getting to that tension to unfold. It's clear who they all are, and I repeat that getting us to distrust them all by now is an excellent move. I found out a bit difficult to work out what I was supposed to do the first "manipulator angel" segment, but the mechanic does provide a nice break from merely being a passive observer. Now we have to try to get things to happen, which I very much like. Music choices are exceptionally good (do I have Ping' to thank for that?), and presentation has DWaM's usual flair about it.

I like what I've seen so far, but I'm really looking forward to what's beyond the prologue. Great work so far!
Spoiler : Prologue Technical Notes :
F0179,0216: Minor problem with lip sync on the ellipsis.
F0336: "second, and"
F0436: "is the kind"
F0456: "have."
F0576,0587: The lining is odd in v6.
F0761: Lip-syncs the ellipsis.
F1772: Meaning unclear.
F1973: "show, and"
F1988: "not that."
F2169: "fond"
F2239: "persuaded"
F2415: "think"
F2429: "me, yet"
F2450: "through"
F2458: Redundancy.
F2748: Meaning unclear.
F2753: "about what"
F2793: "tried bringing"
F2943: "time, and"
Spoiler : Chapter 1 Broken Images :
1078 - Replace study
269 - Replace bathroom f
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheAfroGoddess

Post by TheAfroGoddess »

Hello! I'm new here. Firstly, I want to say that I love your trials! They're very entertaining :nod:

Now, to the topic at hand. I am severely stuck on...
The hunting part on Chapter 1. I've tried pressing 'Hide and Discover' at every possible chance at this point. When I saw the deer, I thought that's when its time but I still somehow always miss it. I know it comes down to timing but I am so confused and frustrated. I feel like this should be that hard and I'm just being slow :oops:
Any help would be appreciated :)
CeresLiberty

Post by CeresLiberty »

TheAfroGoddess wrote:Hello! I'm new here. Firstly, I want to say that I love your trials! They're very entertaining :nod:

Now, to the topic at hand. I am severely stuck on...
The hunting part on Chapter 1. I've tried pressing 'Hide and Discover' at every possible chance at this point. When I saw the deer, I thought that's when its time but I still somehow always miss it. I know it comes down to timing but I am so confused and frustrated. I feel like this should be that hard and I'm just being slow :oops:
Spoiler : Dove To The Rescue :
You need to listen carefully, I wouldn't blame you for using a save game and reloading it just to hear the branch break at the right moment
Speaking of Chapter 1 help...
Spoiler : sometimes I need help too :
okay I can't find the stinking ammunition. I have the Gun, the Key, and nothing.
I only know there's ammunition because i checked the other spoilers and figured there had to be some, couldn't carry round an empty gun.
Spoiler : technical :
So I noticed there are still a few sentences that have a redundancy in their sentences, (lol trying to be funny) but seriously some have repeated words that aren't necessary. Both Prologue and Chapter 1. Like Earnest: "I now have Clarissa now..."

Also I didn't think the first question with Baker back in the prologue i believe (wow the whole game is just mushing in my head right now) was timed. because i wanted to think about the answers for a sec but baker went straight ahead with a no response.
Never mind above spoiler....
I miraculously clicked just slightly away from where I would normally click and finally got the right prompt. ^^; yay for stubbornness!

---
Spoiler : Now the problem is I need help in Chapter 2 :
I'm not even sure how I got locked into Baker thinking Caesar is the culprit unless my knowledge as the viewer got myself locked into it because I presented a problem with Earnie only having the key on him. Instead I just want to keep clicking possibilities. Man I hope I don't have to go back and do some stuff over again. I should have a save but I don't want to in a sense. So now I'm at the part where there's the lovely Holmes reference from our friendly neighborhood hyperbole. Also wondering if there's a certain line of reasoning I have to present at to move forward or am I stuck with it always being those same three possibilities that, of course, Baker has accounted for.
These eyes, they only see the truth! Image
TheAfroGoddess

Post by TheAfroGoddess »

CeresLiberty wrote:
TheAfroGoddess wrote: Now, to the topic at hand. I am severely stuck on...
Spoiler : Dove To The Rescue :
You need to listen carefully, I wouldn't blame you for using a save game and reloading it just to hear the branch break at the right moment
Thank you so much! I knew it was something so simple :oops: