Help with USB 2.0 to IDE Cable.

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

PhantomH

Help with USB 2.0 to IDE Cable.

Post by PhantomH »

The cable I have is the one shown above. It also has a power adapter that you plug into 4-pin port of an IDE Hard drive in order to turn it on.

Anyway, my problem is that for some reason, this cable won't work with my 56GB Maxtor IDE HDD :\ . It's a plug and play device, meaning it shouldn't require any drivers unless using it on Windows 98 or 2000. Both this cable and my Maxtor drive works on computer, as I used to have the Maxtor drive as a slave drive but replaced it with my 74GB Hitachi IDE, which worked with the above USB to IDE cable.

When I connect my Maxtor drive using the cable to my computer, Windows XP detects it as a USB Mass Storage device but it tells me that an error occurred during installation :( . I checked the Device Manager list, and it didn't install the drivers for USB Mass Storage. I checked Disk Management, and there weren't any extra disk drives listed.

Does anyone know how I can fix my problem?
No Dine. No Knox. No Fair.
Ghaleon
Spoken languages: English

Re: Help with USB 2.0 to IDE Cable.

Post by Ghaleon »

Was your computer a recent target for spyware/virus?

I noticed after I recovered from serious errors from my attack, my USB ports for Mass Storage are not working at all.
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Not since I formatted last month. But every other device I've attached either installs correctly or continues to work.
Ghaleon
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ghaleon »

My other devices as well are working i.e. mouse, controller, ect.

Just my Mass Storage cards won't register.
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Strange....It works with my Hitachi Drive, just not my Maxtor. Maybe I should get another one since this one might be faulty :\ .