Community Dwarf Fortress

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Puc

Community Dwarf Fortress

Post by Puc »

Okay, I'm usually the last to make a new thread, but I thought this might be fun to do.

For those who don't know what it is, here are a few links:

Dwarf Fortress Game
Dwarf Fortress Wiki

It would go something like we have a list of players and their order of play. Each person plays for a year (in game) or a week (real time), which ever comes first. At the end of that time, they hand it off to the next person on the list of players.

If they haven't finished the year, the date of the last day of play during their run is noted and the next player simply plays a year from there. If they should kill off the fortress, the previous run's data will be used instead.

During, or at the end, of each player's game run they will be required to post a summary of the events that happened during their play time. The style of the post is left up to the player. This is so that future players aren't caught by surprise or don't know about constructions currently being worked on or other such things.

I know I would play and Baal also promised that if people wanted to play he would join. I recommend he pioneer the first settlement. Simply because he's rather good at setting defenses and compiling resources.

Anyone interested?

Re: Community Dwarf Fortress

Post by Zeroes »

Lol...
Baal told me of this before, I never understood the concept. If I ever do though, I'd join for sure.
Puc

Post by Puc »

I thought I explained it in a fairly straight-forward way...
x_x

Post by Zeroes »

xD I'm just illiterate.