So, anyone else see the Harry Potter movie?

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Pandora
Spoken languages: English

Re: So, anyone else see the Harry Potter movie?

Post by Pandora »

Lolita Kitten wrote:Everyone who compares the books to the movies is an idiot.
Umm....
The movies are based upon the books, so I find that it is the point of the movie to compare it to the book.
I am a Captain Planet villain, in training.
Lolita Kitten

Post by Lolita Kitten »

The movies are based upon the books. Not exact copies of the books. :|
BY GRABTHAR'S HAMMER, BY THE SONS OF WORVAN, YOU SHALL BE AVENGED
Spoiler : I LOL'D :
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

I just saw it. I liked it for the most part, but... Everyone else who saw it with me hated it. :/
Spoiler : :
And did we really need so many scenes of Malfoy angstily staring at walls and putting stupid things in the cabinet? I mean, two of the longest scenes in the film were him and his SINISTER DEMONSTRATIONS OF THE CABINET'S APPLE-EATING POWERS! I understand that we had to show how it worked, but once would have been enough.

Also, I always thought Sectumsempra would look more awesome. When I read it in the book I pictured big slashes being ripped across the target, torn shreds of clothes and blood flying everywhere...
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Sissel
Spoken languages: English, Dead thoughts
Location: Could be hiding inside your phone, listening to your conversation with your mum

Post by Sissel »

They missed out the Rooneeld Waslib scene and that was very funny.
Made by me, anyone can use it, if they wish
Huddini

Wishing that you'll get better soon, Parrie!
I SUPPORT PARRIE AS A SQUADMATE IN ME3
Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

okappa wrote:I won't be crying heresy, Sinbad, I'm more crying "HOLY CRAP THAT GUY WITH THE KAIN AVATAR SPONTANEOUSLY REAPPEARED WTF?!"
I have a tendency to do that.

More on topic, though, I wonder where they're gonna split the 7th book.
I think ending the first one either right before they break into Gringotts, or right after they do so, when they're riding off with the dragon. This way, the second movie can be entirely about everything that happens in the Battle of Hogwarts.
Forcemaster

Post by Forcemaster »

Sinbad wrote:
I think ending the first one either right before they break into Gringotts, or right after they do so, when they're riding off with the dragon. This way, the second movie can be entirely about everything that happens in the Battle of Hogwarts.
I thought the dragon would be a good place to end the first part, too.
He robbed from the rich, and he gave to the poor
Stood up to the man, and gave him what for
Our love for him now, ain't hard to explain
The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne
General Faust

Post by General Faust »

I watched this movie yesterday. The movie was ok but I got ripped off. I payed 7 extra dollars to watch it in 3-D and only the first 5 minutes were 3-D. As for the movie I liked Snape when he was like "I am the Half Blood Prince!" I was like HOLY! SNAPE WAS REALLY BAD @$$!!!

TEAM FORTRESS
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Sinbad wrote:
okappa wrote:I won't be crying heresy, Sinbad, I'm more crying "HOLY CRAP THAT GUY WITH THE KAIN AVATAR SPONTANEOUSLY REAPPEARED WTF?!"
I have a tendency to do that.

More on topic, though, I wonder where they're gonna split the 7th book.
That's way too far in to split the movie. The first part would be like, three hours and the next one, one and a half. They have confirmed that they are ending it at a real cliff-hanger and I (and a lot of other people for that matter) think that they are going to split it at the Silver Doe.
I am a Captain Planet villain, in training.
godot vision

Post by godot vision »

Yes I have see it. It was a bit disappointing(No offense to Harry Potter fans) But I like it anyway.
Tvmady

Post by Tvmady »

It was a good movie but the only real action was dumbledor using the fire thing. But it was very funny at times.
--
Powerdrone

Post by Powerdrone »

Well, I liked the movie. It wasn't dreadful or anything. But I think the delivery of the lines could have been funnier. Emma Watson (Hermione) was especially droll when delivering some of the funniest lines. Rupert Grint (Ron) was funny though :P And Slughorn was quite funny.

My brother actually screamed at the part when the hand came out of the lake haha, I jumped even though it was obvious what was coming.

I really liked the 7th book, thought it was probably the best in the series. Though I've only read each of the books once, so I can't remember exactly how good the Goblet of Fire was, so I'm gonna say its tied with DH.
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Meh, I always liked the 3rd book the best. It was still classic Harry Potter, but it wasn't quite as bubbly and happy, and it actually threw a lot of unexpected twists out there.
I remember how when I was a kid I kept thinking "OMAHGOD THE PEOPLE FOLLOWING THEM WERE ACTUALLY THEM FROM THE FUTURE!!! MIND = BLOWN!"
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
~Lights~

Post by ~Lights~ »

Lols I saw it a while ago, though I found it a bit disappointing. Everyone kept saying it was awesome.. but then.. xD
Although maybe that was because my friend and I spent about half the movie arguing whether Malfoy was hot or not. I say no. >3
Frachement, ma cherie...
We're Sorry, But The Number You Have Reached Is Not In Service.
-Inactive-
AIM: Lights5229 if you want to find me;
Dramatica

Post by Dramatica »

Have I posted in this topic? Don't think I have?

Anyway, when I saw it a few weeks ago, it was awesome. I don't get why people say this was worse, than, I don't know, G-FORCE. So what if it didn't have much action, just because you aren't a space marine every 5 minutes doesn't mean you can't care about story. And Luna was hot

On the internets, HP seems to have joined Twilight and Sonic in things it's cool to hate (but not to the extent of them). Except for no reason.

I've only read the books once, and that was years ago, so I'm not sure which is my favourite.
Powerdrone

Post by Powerdrone »

Yah, why is Sonic suddenly mass-hated? It seems many people are getting bored with Mario too. :(

Though I must admit, Shadow is MUCH better then Sonic. No doubt.

Some for Luigi. He could kick Mario in the moustache anytime. If he tried.