Your Newbie Days

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Re: Your Newbie Days

Post by Broocevelt »

Well, when I first started I was super simpathic (or simpathethic, I don't know how you say it.)

Everyone thought I was a great user, and it was topped by my first trial, "ME: Perfect Prosecutor" which was very good at the time.

The 4th month I was in AAO, I was promoted to being the Spanish moderator :O
Everyone was like "Make Daniel mod!" "Daniel for mod!", it was great :D

Overall, my start was great, everyone was great with me, and apparently I was great with everyone ^^
energizerspark
Spoken languages: English

Post by energizerspark »

I asked if I could be a moderator.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

My newbie days on AAO ? That would be the day when I first presented the project of the AAO player to Spparrow on another forum in April 2007... Aaaah, nostalgia :-P
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

How should I say this... I had quite a crazy start to my AAO. I signed up for AAO after getting an idea for my series. So I spent about a week to a week and a half working on "Tortured" before I officially made my debut. Granted, it was a version 1, but I got some minor controversy over the language that the mod above me removed my trial. fair enough. But when people started complaining about a certain noncontradiction in my case, I started getting ticked because the reason that wan't a contradiction was because the other pieces of the court record would support the witness accounts. Didn't get featured after two tries, but I was working on "Turnabout!" while I was waiting. "Turnabout!" had higher reviews than Tortured. I actually think "Tortured" is what got my involvement in Phantom's "Turnabout Generations," which got really high reviews. I think it's because of those three cases that I was voted "Best Newbie Trial Author for 2010" in the AAOAA. Very interesting newbie start.

I will start to consider myself an intermediate or advanced trial author after I release a few more trials.
MilesEdgey

Post by MilesEdgey »

I joined back in July '10. I didn't appear on the forums until a few weeks later. Although for some they may find the editor confusing at first, I actually "mastered" it (with the exceptions of variables - I still don't know how to use them) in a matter of days. My first few days on AAO left a huge impact on me. When I found this site, I knew that it is probably the best Phoenix Wright case maker out there, by far. It's fairly close to the real games, it's easy to use and it has an awesome community.

My first few trials were really short serious trials. When I posted them, I received "borderline" negative comments and so I figured that serious trials are just not my thing. I then created my first ever comedy - The Battle of the Prosecutors - which proved to be a MASSIVE hit (may be slightly exaggerated). I had a comment from Meph saying it's one of the comedy gems or something like that... From there on, I realised that I can be a very good comedy maker. Ever since, I've made a number of excellent comedies and I am starting to get a mix with serious trials as well.

Those were the good days. I hope that from now on I can only become a better member here at AAO and my goal is to complete The Guilty Turnabout this year and also create a least five more comedies to make you guys laugh your heads off (no, not literally!). I'm currently working, as of 14/1/11, on Trial Middle 2 for The Guilty Turnabout and Fai-- :objection:

Sorry!

P.S. Do you guys think I'm a regular? Am I well-known on this forum?

-MilesEdgey-
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

My newbie days were awful, It usually contained drammy complaining about everything I did.XD Don't blame him though, now... I would've done the same thing.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Ryu Ushiromiya
Spoken languages: American English, Español (Puerto Rico)

Post by Ryu Ushiromiya »

I dunno what to say about myself really. So I'll leave it to someone who's seen me in action with my trial to decide, like ED or Phantom or Bad Player. lD
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! CLICK HERE PLEASE?
Apologies if I do not reply in a timely manner. Sig by Tap!

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

My newbie days... well, I remember finding this site in some article on the Ace Attorney wiki. Almost makes me wonder how things would have turned out if I never looked around that wiki... anyway, I'm here now. I mostly got involved with RP's, mostly TBP's. I think after a while I was more or less accepted into the community. Still haven't made a trial though. Maybe one day...
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

I feel like all of you guys have been here for a year (aside from the veterans).
Koda

Post by Koda »

Haha, still a newbie I suppose :)
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

@E.D. I just noticed you joined on my B-day!

My start wasn't really as crazy as E.D.'s or even in any form of excitement during my days as a newb. I joined just because I was tired of coming on AAO only to look for new featured trials on the "Play" section. Also, I had the Idea the Idea of Larry becoming an attorney in my newb days as well. But, it didn't enter the stage of production until around, um, July/August? Maybe? So yeah, not too crazy.
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

gombarry wrote:@E.D. I just noticed you joined on my B-day!
:awesome:
The Frozen Falcon
Spoken languages: English, Learning Japanese, Learning Spanish

Post by The Frozen Falcon »

Well, technically I'm still in my newbie days.
I made this account in '10, and I only used it to toy with the Case Editor.
Then I got bored. That's when I started posting.
MATE.
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Hm...

I spent most of my newbie days just working on Bitter p1 and only really focusing on a few threads (including my own trial thread.)

It wasn't until I was almost done with the game that I opened up.

I guess I wanted to get my name out there as an artist of sorts before joining the community. :)
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Ping' »

First visited AAO in the summer of 08, lurked, toyed around with the editor with nothing coming out of it, made TSub, started posting when CR collapsed and I heard about the January comp thanks to BP. A lot of the regulars knew me before I became an actual newbie, so integration wasn't too difficult :p Releasing NYT one month or so afterwards also helped, that way I was no longer an outsider to the AAO community. Funny how many regulars start as lurkers =)