PW: Contempt of Court - FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Cardiovore
Spoken languages: English

Re: PW:CoC - Case 3: Turnabout of the Snow IN PROGRESS

Post by Cardiovore »

Hi everyone. After 2 solid weeks of uni work, I'm finally able to continue with the case. But after a few more hours of typing up Part 2, I came to realise something pretty overwhelming...

Let's just say that I hope you guys like REALLY complicated cases, because I've only just realised how overly complex and epic the case is so far. There are so many plots and subplots that span not only the previous two cases but the DT-2 case from T-Scapegoat, as well as the detailed backgrounds of every single character that tie into said plots and subplots. I mean Rise From The Ashes was complicated, but this...
My worries right now are that this case will turn out to be unnecessarily convoluted and long even for a finale case, and that this project may be going for another year. Or even two. Or even three. The time it'll take to make it... I dread to think that far into the future.

To give you an idea, the first part will have two investigations and trials (as well as an additional sequence afterwards that I can't reveal for spoilers) and will serve as more of a prologue to part two. But the second part will most likely have THREE investigations and trials (like Rise from the Ashes) to give room to the massive plot this case has. I could try and eliminate some of the minor subplots to whittle it down to the classic two investigations and trials, but I'm finding it almost impossible right now seeing as they would leave lots of plot holes and inconsistencies. Overall it feels really overwhelming and intimidating, meaning that it could be years before the entire thing is complete.

Frankly I'm afraid that this case has unexpectedly evolved into something way too big for me alone. But I'll try not to disappoint you guys in the long run. Hope you can understand.
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

AAOers are pretty used to overly convoluted cases, so HIT US WITH YOUR BEST SHOT.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Gumpei wrote:AAOers are pretty used to overly convoluted cases, so HIT US WITH YOUR BEST SHOT.
The more convoluted, the better. :D

Also, yay, progress!

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Gumpei wrote:AAOers are pretty used to overly convoluted cases, so HIT US WITH YOUR BEST SHOT.
Lol great :) Pacing can be an issue when it comes to overly complicated stories, but I'm still planning the huge second part.
kwando1313 wrote:The more convoluted, the better. :D

Also, yay, progress!
Progress somewhat :P Part 1 shouldn't be longer than a couple more months away, but Part 2 is still in the planning stage!
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Progress on Case 3 (as of 25/2/13)
Story - 100%
Scripting (in comparison to the whole thing) - <40%
Sprites - 70%
Music - 95%
Graphics - 60%
Progress towards part 1/2 - 90%
Part 1 status - Addendum

Yes, both trials and investigations have been dealt with for the most part (touch-ups are still needed here and there), and now I've moved onto the "addendum". Without spoilers, this "addendum" will be a flashback investigation. I won't reveal who the playable character is or when the investigation takes place, but it is necessary in setting the scene for Part 2.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Cardiovore

Re: PW: Contempt of Court - Case 3, part 1... SOON

Post by Cardiovore »

Update: Part 1 has just been sent to the beta-testers over on CR!
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Cardiovore

Re: PW: Contempt of Court - Case 3, Part 1 being BETA-TESTED

Post by Cardiovore »

Case 3: Turnabout of the Snow, Part 1... is now available!!!

Click to download

Please keep in mind that you already need the previous two cases installed, preferably from this package. And replace ALL folders and files when prompted.

Thanks to Ropfa, DudeWithAMask, JoekerTrack and Darth Wiader for beta-testing.

This release also includes Vinnie's voice clips for Scapegoat (by Ropfa), as well as a few tweaks to the other two cases such as updated backgrounds with Brisbane and one or two bug fixes in Haunted.
Last edited by Cardiovore on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: PW: Contempt of Court - Case 3, Part 1... AVAILABLE!

Post by kwando1313 »

PART ONE AVAILABLE MUST GO PLAY SAFEOIWEJFOWEIFJWOEIFJOIEFJLF WEOIFJWEOFWEOIFJ

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Tap

Post by Tap »

Coincidentally, I recently finished playing Scapegoat and Haunted for what must be the thirtieth time in total the other day. :P
Only 15 more seconds until the download finishes...
ImageImage
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Some people over on CR were saying they had problems with missing files that came from the previous two cases. This Case 3 download does NOT include all previous cases and their files, it was made assuming you already have those installed.
If you have problems with missing backgrounds, sprites, etc, you probably have an old version of Contempt of Court installed. If this is the case, I recommend deleting EVERYTHING, installing this package first, and THEN installing Case 3. Should've made the specifications clearer, sorry.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

I see I'm not the only one here who's heard of Clock Tower! You raised the scream up 2 whole steps, is that correct?
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

TwiGav wrote:I see I'm not the only one here who's heard of Clock Tower! You raised the scream up 2 whole steps, is that correct?
Lol where did I reference Clock Tower? :P
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Spoiler : :
The Haunted Turnabout's scream right before the body is discovered. Right?
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

TwiGav wrote:
Spoiler : :
The Haunted Turnabout's scream right before the body is discovered. Right?
Oh, I thought you meant a reference to Scissorman or something xD
Lol nope, Clock Tower never crossed my mind :) The scream wasn't from Clock Tower either, I found it on YouTube.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Spoiler : everything :
So far the case is pretty much Vulper from start to finish. Which seemed to actually kinda work out. It's just interesting to observe what he's become and how the past still has its effect on him. At times I forgot there was a case and thought of it more as a study of his character. :XD:

Presentation-wise, wonderful. Good graphics as always. The pacing seemed rushed at first but it turned out to be focusing on the good parts. Fine by me.

The only really weird thing about the plot is yet another massive police failure. I mean, nobody saw Snow actually doing it. So the choice to arrest someone was between him and a serial killer whose fingerprints actually were on the weapon. Yet despite all this the police still thought going with Snow as the defendant makes sense. Even regular AA police wasn't that bad. It's like missing a hole in the floor and putting tape on it all over again. If there's one police force I've fully lost all hope in, it's the one in the Contempt of Court universe. That is all.
Also the flashback segment was interesting and now I hope there'll be more of that.
Approved.