Insomnia

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

~Count Olaf~
Spoken languages: English

Insomnia

Post by ~Count Olaf~ »

I'm trying to do a bit of research on the subject of insomnia and sleeplessness. So, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could answer these questions. Also, if you'd like to include any additional details feel free to do so.

1. What is the longest amount of time you've been unable to get to sleep? Why couldn't you?
2. What is the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep intentionally? Why didn't you?
3. How did your lack of sleep affect your mood, communication, physical activity, and senses over time?
4. How did you end up getting back to sleep? Was it intentional?

Gratia scienctia!
$Fth wrote:A man with such a name as that is a clear gentleman.
GuardianDreamer wrote:That name sounds like it belongs to some peaceful person who doesn't want to be disturbed, but then when you DO disturb him, he goes berserk and destroys you.
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Re: Insomnia

Post by Gombarry »

1. About 5 hours? I don't know to be honest. It either had something to do with me being to uncomfortable or I just didn't feel like it.
2.About 7. I was watching Gunslinger girl. :XD:
3. I was tired all the time, I was half-listening to people when they talked to me, I was clumsier than usual and I almost killed myself by falling down the stair (accidentally)
4. Yeah, it was intentional. I looked at the clock and it was 4 in the morning and I was like, oh crap! and I went to bed. :p
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

1.) One time a few years back I went without sleeping a wink. I have no idea why. Perhaps I was uncomfortable or I had a lot on my mind.
2.) At least until 6 A.M, maybe later. I was studying for my Finals during June.
3.) When I wake up for school I'm not exactly cranky but I'm in no mood for talking. On weekends and summer I'll wake up, have breakfast and then lie down watching TV on the couch for a while til I'm fully awake. Danny Phantom FTW. :awesome:
4.) Yes, very intentional. I'm tired, so of course I want sleep. xD
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

1. The whole night. This has happened a few times. Sometimes it's when I'm worried/excited etc, but usually I don't even know why. I'm just generally bad at falling asleep. It's probably my genes since I've been like this since I was a baby.
2. I guess I've skipped one night of sleep a couple of times. Sleepovers and such. Social reasons anyways.
3. Usually I'm just unable to concentrate on anything. And I guess I'm less talkative.
4. I just go to sleep next night. I don't take naps. I've never fallen asleep in a class either.
Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

1. A whole night. I just wasn't tired.
2. 53 hours. I was(and still am) trying to get to 72 hours to see hallucinations.
3. My thinking process was slower and so was my talking. I was a lot calmer, probably because I was frequently on the verge of sleep.
4. During nights where I couldn't sleep I often tried lying there for an extended period of time with my eyes closed till I fell asleep. When that failed I'd try to tire myself out physically. Other times I ended up just going longer and longer without sleep and-usually unintentionally-fell asleep.
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

1. About... 10 hours? I had a fever and couldn't stop shivering or something.
2. A whole night. That was New Year's Eve, so... :XD:
3. I was generally a lot more quiet, and I couldn't think as straight. Aside from that, no noticeable differences.
4. I went to sleep intentionally. Went out like a light.
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

1. Probably about 4 or 5 hours of trying to sleep. I tend to get wrapped up in reflection over past events and it can take quite a while.
2. The longest I've gone is three days without sleep. Just to see if I could.
3. I get really cranky when I don't sleep well or at all. Other than that, I was just sluggish. I feel like I was operating fine but just in a really bad mood all the time.
4. After trying to stay up on purpose? I just passed out after a while. Unintentionally. Unless you mean when I'm trying to get to sleep, then it just sorta happens eventually. One moment I'm trying to sleep and the next moment I actually am.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

~Count Olaf~ wrote:I'm trying to do a bit of research on the subject of insomnia and sleeplessness. So, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could answer these questions. Also, if you'd like to include any additional details feel free to do so.

1. What is the longest amount of time you've been unable to get to sleep? Why couldn't you?
2. What is the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep intentionally? Why didn't you?
3. How did your lack of sleep affect your mood, communication, physical activity, and senses over time?

Gratia scienctia!
1. I guess all night. This used to happen frequently. Not so much anymore. Though, I normally don't get no more then 5 hours of sleep.
2. 2 days. It was one weekend when my brother and I were having a competition to see who'd go to sleep, first.
3. I'm usually pretty slow at understanding things. And I guess I also start laughing all the time for no reason. :awesome:
4. I listen to music.
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

~Count Olaf~ wrote:I'm trying to do a bit of research on the subject of insomnia and sleeplessness. So, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could answer these questions. Also, if you'd like to include any additional details feel free to do so.

Gratia scienctia!

1. 5 Hours I couldn't sleep after my normal bedtime, I remember it was because I was so excited and nervous for my first day in high school.
2. Longest amount of time I've ever said up would be... Around two days. Because me and my cousin had this one bet on who could say up the longest. :XD:
3. I remember being cranky, lazy, and only limiting my sentences to just "yeah" and "no". My head would occasionally bob because of the sleepiness.
4. After trying to stay up on purpose, I couldn't do it anymore, I fell asleep. It wasn't intentional because I wanted to win that bet haha, but my body gave in.
If you meant how did I get to sleep after not being able to sleep, then I'm not quite sure... I just couldn't sleep, then all of a sudden, I fell asleep. Unintentional.
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Once a few weeks ago I was awake for about 40 hours.

Elaborating on the 40-hour thing: I was due to leave the house to go on holiday at 1 in the morning, so I tried to nap for a few hours on the day before because I can't sleep on transport, but I couldn't. I did everything I could that morning to help my napping (hot chocolate, exercise, etc.) but I just couldn't drop off.

By the time I was on the plane I felt myself snapping awake constantly. I accidentally fell asleep for about half an hour but I woke up shivering and feeling sick.
When it came to the next day (roughly at the 30 hour mark) I started to feel quite disorientated and "unreal", which wasn't helped by the fact that I was now in another country. I was now at the point where I wasn't tired anymore but I was fatigued. Added with the anxiety of being in another country my mind felt really messed up and I started to feel quite panicky; it was like everything was a dream. I tried to nap later that afternoon but I was awoken after about an hour by a night terror. I was afraid to go back to sleep again.

Come midnight I was tired again so I went to bed, but as soon as I lay down the tiredness disappeared. I was lying in bed, shivering, with bizarre thoughts racing through my mind. It felt like I was losing my mind and that I couldn't do a thing about it. I also remembered the night terror I had earlier that day and I was afraid of sleeping in case it happened again. But the next thing I knew I woke up, feeling just fine.
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

1) 4 days. Doctor said I have stress-borne Insomnia. Time I've spent trying to? 8 hours then giving up.

2) I've went 26 hours without sleep intentionally for a stream.

3) Apparently my REM rate has increased by a third, meaning I become better rested when I do sleep.

4) I dunno why I sleep normally again, just happened.
Last edited by Topaz on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meph

Post by Meph »

1. What is the longest amount of time you've been unable to get to sleep?
3 to 4 hours. It can happen a lot; probably because I wasn't tired or my mind was too busy. I've always hated sleeping, it was always a hassle to get me to sleep when I was a kid, apparently. :XD:

If you mean by forcing myself to not go to bed, then it's never been past 2am. It can be for many reasons: flight cancellations in the middle of the night, New Year's Eve, trying to stay up a bit longer before I go to bed...

It depends on if I'm actually feeling really tired, but -- if I am -- my mood doesn't change (but it weakens, if that makes sense). I wouldn't be bothered to run or anything, and my reaction time might be a bit slower, but I don't think my senses are affected.

By getting in bed. I'm usually so tired that it doesn't take long. :XD:
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

1. 40 hours (roughly, waking up around 12 pm and staying up until about 3-4 am the day after the next.) Whenever I would lie down to go to sleep, I would just be unable to. I ended up distracting myself with other things and forgot all about needing to sleep.

EDIT: Oh, if you meant "time spent trying to sleep but failing," then I guess it'd just be 8 hours, since I gave up after that.

2. I have stayed up intentionally for two nights (so three days, or roughly 60 hours) in a row for no legitimate reason other than feeling like there wasn't enough time in the day, and just to see if I could.

3. Throughout the night I felt drowsy, but when morning hit my brain gets confused. I act like I'm enjoying myself even when I'm not, and tend to make jokes all the time and think things are funnier than they are. I don't get "giddy" or "silly," but rather I'm actually generally more clever and level-minded when I'm like this, and see the world in a clearer light. Physically and sense-wise, though, I'm completely destroyed. My senses are all put on a delay, where I can't react to anything as quickly as I see/hear/feel it. My "cone" of vision is significantly narrowed, to the point where I really have very little significant peripheral vision. I also "space out" far more frequently. I feel physically weaker and clumsier, and can even have trouble doing simple things like opening soda bottles or unlocking a door. Usually, if I don't get tired, I'll go to sleep anyway just to get back to my normal self.

4. Yes, when I do finally go to sleep, it's always intentional. Usually, once I actually start feeling tired.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Hodou Okappa wrote:1. 40 hours (roughly, waking up around 12 pm and staying up until about 3-4 am the day after the next.) Whenever I would lie down to go to sleep, I would just be unable to. I ended up distracting myself with other things and forgot all about needing to sleep.

EDIT: Oh, if you meant "time spent trying to sleep but failing," then I guess it'd just be 8 hours, since I gave up after that.
Lol. It's a good thing you corrected yourself, Hodou, because the idea of laying in bed for 40 hours made me laugh. :calisto:
Shadow009909
Spoken languages: English, Bulgarian

Post by Shadow009909 »

1. About 3 hours. I just couldn't fell asleep. I don't know why.
2. Around 40-50 hours. Some times me and my cousin play games till very late like 3-5 AM and we decide to skip sleeping for the night. So we keep playing the video games all night....yeah...I think the record was more than 2 days.
3. Calm, less talking, the jokes we always make were less funny. Still we were pros at the games we were playing. :random:
4. The next night we decided to go to sleep.
I've never stood up all night when I have been alone. The latest time I went to bed was about 4 AM.