Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011

Post by Gumpei »

So apparently this actually happened.

Wow. I'm kind of dumbfounded... that was a huge shock.

I don't really know what to say, honestly. Needless to say, his legacy won't be forgotten.
Remilia Scarlet
Spoken languages: English

Re: Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Damn, that's a young age to die. Poor guy.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

What... really? I honestly don't know anything to say that won't sound corny... still, like Hold It! said, that's a young age to die. Err... that's all I can really think of.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

What the--!?

He's... Wow. Just... Wow.
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

Wow. Did he just quit a while ago? That's tragic. :(
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

ThePaSch
Spoken languages: English, German (native)

Post by ThePaSch »

I, uh, what. What.

What.

Wh...
what.
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

Wait, what the hell?! HE DIED? THE FU-

...I sure as hell wouldn't have guessed he had cancer... poor guy...

I really respected him for doing presentations in daily attire.
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
Tap

Post by Tap »

I was on the train an hour and a half ago when I saw the article on the front cover of the newspaper I bought announcing his passing. :(
He's a man who has brought about many technological advances throughout his lifetime...
ImageImage
Koda

Post by Koda »

While I'm not a big Mac guy, the IPod Touch is amazing.

RIP Steve Jobs. :cry:
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

I hate apple, but I do respect Steve Jobbs and how he made such a legacy in technology. Nobody would really know about him if it wasn't for Atari rejecting him, you know.
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

Pixar became a digital pioneer, with help from Steve Jobs. And now he has passed...

I'm grateful for everything he's done for us.

R.I.P Steve Jobs.
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Meph

Post by Meph »

I've always hated Apple's cold and closed nature on certain things, but the fact is that Apple set the pattern for the tech industry: revolution, followed by evolution and evolution and revolution. Steve always used to remind me of Walt. He always had a personal involvement and input in everything, and always had a love for what he created and sharing it with the world.

I've never liked the God-like worshipping of Steve by some Apple fans, but it can't be denied that he gave very important innovations, particularly these last few years. He was the person who finally turned mobile phones into usable devices. Phones aren't phones any more. Thanks to Steve, phones are an app in a new type of personal computer.

I've always said that Apple make ridiculously overpriced products that I'll probably never buy, but thanks to Steve's innovations, Apple have created competition that has strangled the tech industry, resulting in massive benefits for everyone. Brilliant products such as Windows Phone, Windows 8 and even the 3DS are a direct result of Apple leaving everyone behind as the whisk us into the future. Would the 3DS have had featured hardware such as accelerometers and gyroscopes if it weren't for the competition created by the iOS devices as the games industry heads towards iPhones and iPads?

So in short: he was a great guy who lead many important changes for the everyday person's life with technology.

(Also, I've been really surprised by the attention the press has given this. I wasn't expecting this to be front-page news. I don't think even Michael Jackson was on the front-page when he passed away... or was he? I can't remember.)
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Michael Jackson hit front page just about everywhere when he died. This has probably been the most shocking death since him...
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

Meph wrote:(Also, I've been really surprised by the attention the press has given this. I wasn't expecting this to be front-page news. I don't think even Michael Jackson was on the front-page when he passed away... or was he? I can't remember.)
Dude, you trolling? That was only anywhere and everywhere.

But, uh... Steve Jobs was a talented designer. You have a telephone/computer/video game system/whatever else in the palm of your hands. That's true talent. He really did know what everybody wanted before anybody wanted it.

He had showed all the potential he had, and showed so much more...
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
SuperGanondorf
Spoken languages: American English, learning German

Post by SuperGanondorf »

Meph wrote:I've always said that Apple make ridiculously overpriced products that I'll probably never buy, but thanks to Steve's innovations, Apple have created competition that has strangled the tech industry, resulting in massive benefits for everyone. Brilliant products such as Windows Phone, Windows 8 and even the 3DS are a direct result of Apple leaving everyone behind as the whisk us into the future. Would the 3DS have had featured hardware such as accelerometers and gyroscopes if it weren't for the competition created by the iOS devices as the games industry heads towards iPhones and iPads?
I don't know what an accelerometer is, but I do know that Nintendo had gyroscopic controls before Apple did. But anyway, on-topic...

I knew Jobs had cancer, but I didn't realize just how sick he was. May he rest in peace. He built Apple into what it is today, and they do make fantastic products. But honestly, and I don't mean to be disrespectful here, I do wish he had worked harder at fixing Apple's main problem- the disaster of a program that is iTunes. Still, he was an amazing man who accomplished much in his life. God rest his soul in peace.
Main admin of the official AAO Chatroom
Ace Attorneys: Emerging Legacies Team Member
Creator of AAO's #1 Roleplay, Endless Time! Come join today!

It even has a TVTropes page!

ENDLESS TIME: WINNER OF BEST AAO RP
Also the winner of:
Spoiler : Endless Time's Awards :
Coolest Original Weapon or Power: The Relics
Best Villain: Thereme
Most Well-Written Character, Most Original Character Concept, Best Design: Narome (LunchPolice)
Most Depressing Character, Greatest Backstory: Kenneth Roymond (GuardianDreamer)
Greatest RP Moment Ever, Saddest Moment: Narome's Feeding off Mika
Best NPC: The Doctor (ShadowEdgeworth)
Best Fight Scene: Drey Wilkins vs. Narome (Drey Wilkins, LunchPolice)
Best World
Most Eccentric Character: Ewyn (GuardianDreamer)
Best Duo: Narome and Kea (LunchPolice, Paradoxinparticles)
Biggest Crowning Moment of Awesome: The Sabolin Battle
And Best GM: ME ;P