Gaddafi is dead

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Phoenix Fanatic
Spoken languages: English,French, Welsh, Spanish, German

Re: Gaddafi is dead

Post by Phoenix Fanatic »

They shouldn't have killed him the way they did. They dragged him through the streets,beat him like an animal and shot him. It's not right.
Image awesome signature and avatar made by gotMLK7 :D
Dr.Cookie Master
Spoken languages: English, very very basic French, learning Spanish.

Post by Dr.Cookie Master »

Phoenix Fanatic wrote:They shouldn't have killed him the way they did. They dragged him through the streets,beat him like an animal and shot him. It's not right.
Ah, but many people suffered because of his acts. The Pan Am flight terrorist bombing was of his doing. The Blowing of the cafe with the deaths of the American duty men were his plot. Even more, he ruled as the 'king of kings' being a dictator for almost half a century. And to think that he called his own people rats, no wonder Reagan described him as 'Mad Dog'.

Yes, the way they treated him was barbaric, i agree. Holding a proper trial would have been held as a more civilized action....
“Empty?! You took all the cookies!"
"They were crying to get out of the jar... Cookies get claustrophobia too, you know!”
― Charles M. Schulz
Holhol
Spoken languages: English

Post by Holhol »

Meph wrote:His death wasn't right. They shouldn't have killed him. No one deserves to have their life's fate to be controlled by another human being.

However, at least it's finally over, now. That horrible, boring, green flag of the nation can be changed back to the old one again, and the Lybians can live more peacefully. I just hope that their next leader will be running a democracy.
I'm so happy I'm not the only crazy person. I always thought of killing someone as a punishment is just flat-out disgusting, sinking to a new low that you sought to stop. Murder is wrong, no matter who commits it or why it's committed.

Furthermore, I understand we're all under the impression that you think it's right do to Gaddafi's victims. However, if Gaddafi happened to be closely related to you, whether it be by blood or friendship, would you feel the same way about his death? Would you be cheering through the streets?

Besides, a much better punishment would be to put them into isolation, where they can only think about what they've done with no access to the outside world.

I'm happy for Libya, though. However, I'm not happy that they had to go kill him.
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Some people are just worth more to the universe dead than alive. 'S a cold thing to say but some people just don't deserve life, and Gaddafi was one of them.

...Don't bother responding, I'm not going to derail this thread into a philosophical discussion. You're free to PM me if it offends you but I'm probably not going to read it and I'm definitely not going to respond to it. Just so you know. Just wanted to throw my two cents in the kitty.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Meph

Post by Meph »

Well I think we've already debated on the morals and ethics of retribution, anyway.
Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

BBblader© wrote:Some people are just worth more to the universe dead than alive. 'S a cold thing to say but some people just don't deserve life, and Gaddafi was one of them.

...Don't bother responding, I'm not going to derail this thread into a philosophical discussion. You're free to PM me if it offends you but I'm probably not going to read it and I'm definitely not going to respond to it. Just so you know. Just wanted to throw my two cents in the kitty.
Sounds to me like Gaddafi was one of those people who needed to die. Most people seem to think no one deserves death and it is a debate that could go on for eternity.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Man I saw a raw video of Gaddaffi's dead body on a street with all the Libyan rebels celebrating and cheering like mad.

And his body was just there, eyes open, clear bullet to the head, arms sprawled about.

It was a pretty sick sight for some random dude on the Internet to be looking at it, like are these people better than Gaddaffi one could ask...But when I think from the shoes of those people there, it's probably one of the best things to ever happen in their lives.

Sucks that Gaddaffi's bodyguards (not the Amazonias I'm pretty sure) got decapitated too (beheading wasn't cool).

It's pretty much how you look at it no matter what side you may be on. We all have opinions about the situation and the solution that should have been used. The important thing is that the deed's done, so we should see what the future of Libya holds.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Yeah. What's done is done. They're really going to need help from other governments to get a democracy. Is there actually anyone leading the country at the moment?

EDIT: Oh, the National Transitional Council. Well it seems that the situation is not so bad.