Gaddafi is dead

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Phoenix Fanatic
Spoken languages: English,French, Welsh, Spanish, German

Gaddafi is dead

Post by Phoenix Fanatic »

He was shot in Libya yesterday while being taken in.
Last edited by Phoenix Fanatic on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image awesome signature and avatar made by gotMLK7 :D
Remilia Scarlet
Spoken languages: English

Re: Gaddafi is dead

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Who?
CrackerjacK
Spoken languages: English, indonesia, al bhed, gibberish

Post by CrackerjacK »

who's that guy? it's in the news all over here. are u from indo too?

i'm a father mucking dj
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I saw the pic of him when he was supposedly shot in the head (this was in the morning when there wasn't a full confirmation whether Gaddaffi was dead or not)

Well, here comes a new martyr, :lol:
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Hold it! wrote:Who?
Holy hell, I thought /I/ lived under a rock. XD

Anyway, will be interesting to see how this affects everything... hopefully the conditions in Libya will have improved soon enough.
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

Damn it, Phoenix Fanatic! I was going to make this thread! :evil:
Ahem...
On the Sky News app, there's a video with him dead. It's kind of strange.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Muammar al-Gaddafi... Guy's a total nut and a loon. Sponsoring terrorism, Lockerbie, doing some strange things with Italy... yeah...

Well, let's see what the news has to say about him.
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Well, hopefully Libya can move foward a little more freely now. It will be interesting to see how the country develops. Especially since democracy would require the multiple discordant tribes there to work together.
Phoenix Fanatic wrote:Piece of filth...
Isn't it kind of meaningless to insult the dead? You can show respect to his victims in other ways too.

...I seriously don't get how people can be happy because of someone's death. Sure, Gaddafi committed horrible crimes but being happy for his death feels just immoral. I do understand its symbolic value though.
~Count Olaf~

Post by ~Count Olaf~ »

Hold it! wrote:Who?
He was the leader of Libya, he was considered a very bad leader, he is dead now, and this may be a good thing for Libya.
$Fth wrote:A man with such a name as that is a clear gentleman.
GuardianDreamer wrote:That name sounds like it belongs to some peaceful person who doesn't want to be disturbed, but then when you DO disturb him, he goes berserk and destroys you.
Phoenix Fanatic
Spoken languages: English,French, Welsh, Spanish, German

Post by Phoenix Fanatic »

I'm not happy for his death on any count. I'm happy that the people of Libya can finally breathe again.
Image awesome signature and avatar made by gotMLK7 :D
Meph

Post by Meph »

His death wasn't right. They shouldn't have killed him. No one deserves to have their life's fate to be controlled by another human being.

However, at least it's finally over, now. That horrible, boring, green flag of the nation can be changed back to the old one again, and the Lybians can live more peacefully. I just hope that their next leader will be running a democracy.
Nevfx

Post by Nevfx »

Meph wrote:His death wasn't right. They shouldn't have killed him. No one deserves to have their life's fate to be controlled by another human being.

However, at least it's finally over, now. That horrible, boring, green flag of the nation can be changed back to the old one again, and the Lybians can live more peacefully. I just hope that their next leader will be running a democracy.
I'm sure his victims and there familes felt the same way.

Im glad he is dead. Lybia can now breathe for the firts time in 42 years.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Nevfx wrote:Im glad he is dead. Lybia can now breathe for the firts time in 42 years.
Sure, it's so good to breathe over a corpse. Lovely smell. :side:

No, but seriously, that's exactly what everyone there said when Gaddafi led the revolution against the previous king in 1969.
Read up the article on Wikipedia : you might get a feeling of "déjà vu" on some points.
A notable difference being that they didn't have to go to war then, as they apparently all agreed. This time, however, the country was torn apart in two factions, killing thousands of people, and the winners only surviving thanks to tremendous interference from other countries.

Funny detail : anti-Gaddafi forces use the flag of the king that they once were happy to help Gaddafi throw out. That's quite a bit of a symbol, don't you think ?

Additionally, did I forget to mention that now, the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, known to be rather close to al-quaeda (even though they denied it, surprisingly...), are now very close to the power ? Building a democracy in that situation is hardly gonna be a piece of cake...

So, yeah, I might be pessimistic, but the Lybians can not breathe yet (unless the smell of Gaddafi's corpse feels good to them), and they might very well cycle to another state of non-breathability in a few years.

Now, let's be optimistic !
Well, it's cool that this war made fantastic publicity for the French Dassault Rafale fighters (=3)
They've been having a hard time with exportation for a while, but now they've proven what they were capable of... Isn't that great ? :awesome:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna miss the Amazonian bodyguards, =(
Ryu Ushiromiya
Spoken languages: American English, Español (Puerto Rico)

Post by Ryu Ushiromiya »

I'm just glad the major violence will end in Libya (I hope.)
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! CLICK HERE PLEASE?
Apologies if I do not reply in a timely manner. Sig by Tap!