I owe an explanation.

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Ryu Ushiromiya
Spoken languages: American English, Español (Puerto Rico)

I owe an explanation.

Post by Ryu Ushiromiya »

Hey, guys. I'm actually NOT DEAD! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. -w- Also, mods, before you move this to the Introductions thread (this post definitely doesn't belong there. This is too gloomy), please take a moment to read this before you decide to act. I would prefer it if this thread stayed here and not in the Introductions thread. Thanks.

In all seriousness, though, I'm back... I suppose. And I owe an explanation as to why I just up and disappeared like I did (TwT my signature pic is gone, I am not amused.) First off, the fangame I'm making. It's definitely not canceled. I mean, I love my baby. Even I play my own case from time to time just to see Vazquez call Franny flatchest. But I had to stop. I had to stop this. The forums, the fangame, everything. It was going to a point where it was interfering with my life. I'm not talking an addiction, but it was certainly not healthy at all to be obsessing over my fancases.

Second, well... at the time I decided to leave, it wasn't my best time. Things happened. Some my fault, others not. And I still refuse to let go of how I was basically told to STFU just because I didn't like Mega Man Legends. From a "moderator." What's up with that? If you don't like what I say, too bad. But you had no right to warn me and threaten to ban me. But enough of that, it's in the past. I felt I was being a nuisance and a bother, which would also explain why no one wanted to help me with a couple of sprite edits, like a fix for Vazquez just being nice with no cigar. A few members of the community seemed to have problems with me- I could just tell from their behavior towards me. That, and other factors, such as the cancelling of AAI2, severely discouraged me, and made me retcon and abandon one key plot point I was very interested in bringing for Case 2 of Justice and Truth (Stanley.) So overall, I was turned off by a lot of stuff. Trust me: I do want to go back to my fangame. I honestly do. I love that project and it's definitely NOT left my mind. But I just couldn't at the time. I had too much stuff in my head. The treatment I thought I was getting... But who knows? Maybe I was too sensitive and volatile at the time to analyze. Maybe I still am right at this very moment. But you know what? I don't really give a f*** anymore. I've learned, through humiliations and pains these last few months, to accept myself as I am, weaknesses and all. To say I'm sorry to myself for being so weak at times. I'm a sensible guy. Sentimental too. I sometimes let go of logic and common sense, but I always find my way back. And that's fine.

And lastly, as per usual, my life. It hit a new low at the time. My father was out of a job. My mother was very ill. I had my Master's degree to attend to (I have now made it a point to simply keep the fact to myself, so I will no longer mention my schooling or grades.) I've been really swamped in schoolwork. I mean, it's a master of humanities. You'd think I would at least have breathers. But the classes are so intense, I need moments of not doing anything, or gaming, and stuff just to relax. Even now, I'm in a royal mess. This last trimester has been the hardest so far. And I START THESIS NEXT AUGUST. OH, F*** ME. -w- Our finances were sucking. A lot. And I also had to deal with a lot of family problems. I'll spare you the details. And then my tragic Christmas. Last December, I lost my uncle: he drowned in a lake. The first day of his getting a new boat due to Social Security paying in. His son-in-laws were saved: he told them to swim to shore. He, however... was trapped in the boat. The body was found six days later. And then after that, we had to endure even MORE days without the body due to forensic procedures, as it was the scene of a crime. It was later ruled as an accident. At least with my grandmother (God rest her soul) I was prepared. But this? It was... ugh. I had several anxiety attacks I could only alleviate by playing Skyrim at the time. I would often sit in the mortuary in one of their chairs, boot the laptop, tell society to go f*** itself and play. I wanted to be left alone. It was hard to deal with it- and I wasn't even the victim. I don't think we'll ever get over it.

So there you have it. I'm still alive. I just had to prioritize the more important stuff first.

I'd like to apologize to Tap, first. He made such awesome work on the logos and cover art, only to have me disappear for more than a year. I can't even remember if the signature pic was hosted by you or me. If you were hosting it and had it removed in a ragequit due to my disappearance, I understand completely. I'm really sorry. Second, to the rest of you. I'm sorry I left like I did. But do understand, please. I had to deal with things. I couldn't tolerate the sarcastic attitude I was getting from one or two people. If I ever did something wrong to you, I'm really sorry. I've grown a lot since then. I was too egotistical, too proud, too abhorrently douchebaggy. I thought I was the s*** when in reality I was being an ass**** to most of you.

I'm very sorry about everything. :cry:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! CLICK HERE PLEASE?
Apologies if I do not reply in a timely manner. Sig by Tap!

Remilia Scarlet
Spoken languages: English

Re: I owe an explanation.

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

I hear you. Welcome back Ushi, I hope you feel more comfortable this time.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

About the whole moderator thing, look on the bright side, it's better to get a warning for speaking your mind then get banned for 4+ months doing the same thing ya know? ;P

Sorry about your loss, that's a pretty cruel death no one should go through.

Keep yourself focused on the real-life stuff though, I'm aware that you're itching to continue your fan-game, but the better you can checkmark issues you have in real-life the more time/clear-headed you can be for getting to your case in a more relaxed environment.

Welcome back, and definitely agreed with Hold It! You'll probably be in a more friendly environment with some freshmeat around here.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Oh hey, was just thinking about what happened to you the other day.

Nice to see you're still around.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Tap

Post by Tap »

Welcome back! It's great to see you're still around -- I echo BB that I was thinking the other day, "Where's Ryu? :?"...
Just want you to know that I doubt anyone thought you were 'annoying', nor did the moderating staff -- to the best of my knowledge -- echo these thoughts in any form of private discussion... nor were you a nuisance. Sprite editing and requests are depending on the current times of the art community... no one purposefully not took your request because they thought you were a bore, that much I can tell you. :)

Regarding your apology... it's not needed. I deleted all request works from my Imageshack account so none of my images used in my trials would be deleted by Imageshack's new policy from April, and if any were being hotlinked, they unfortunately went down as well. Send me a PM -- I'll have to remake the image as I no longer have a hardcopy file on my computer, but I'm more than happy to do so.

Welcome back again. :)
ImageImage
Meph

Post by Meph »

It's great to see you back, Ryu! I was getting worried. :XD:

I never thought you were as bad as you say you were. Don't fret about that. You're no more "abhorrently douchebaggy" than anyone else. Don't think that people here hate you. :)

Also, I'm really sorry about what's going on in your life, at the moment. :(
Ryu Ushiromiya
Spoken languages: American English, Español (Puerto Rico)

Post by Ryu Ushiromiya »

I sincerely thank you guys for understanding, and for the love. I just wanted to make this since I know people were asking themselves about my whereabouts. I just thought this was the best course of action.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! CLICK HERE PLEASE?
Apologies if I do not reply in a timely manner. Sig by Tap!

Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

I'm sorry for your loss. But take as long as you need to work out things in real-life! We're not going anywhere. :awesome: And neither are you.