Annoyed about something? RANT!

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Holhol
Spoken languages: English

Re: Annoyed about something? RANT!

Post by Holhol »

Bought a friend a gift for Christmas, yet I was rejected for the gift as it was something he didn't want.

Didn't realize I had such shallow friends.
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

I guess this is the best place to mention that my grandma just died. It's a big hit on the family but I've been calm about it, as it's been expected for a while now. Though my family's been taking it hard, my mom in particular since she was her mother. It's a strange feeling for me but I'm not torn up over it, I accepted its inevitability a while ago. I don't have a huge rant on it or anything, but I figured the tone was best fit for this thread. It'll likely be on my mind for a while so if I mention it vaguely, maybe this post will kind of work as an explanation of the situation right now.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Had to say goodbye to my girlfriend as she left for collage, then I come home to find that all of the money I stored away from Christmas (and my gift cards) have been stolen.

I. Hate. My. Life.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

My uncle wants to discuss my grandma's will and has upset my whole family and royally pissed off my mother. She's screaming at him at the top of her lungs over the phone at him now. He's managed to piss off our entire family with this crap and with divorcing his wife and all this BS over the years. And we literally just had his mother's funeral yesterday. His son disowned him, we like his ex-wide more than we like him, he doesn't care about anyone but himself and his rude new wife, and now'a making my mother cry, and this asshole has the legal right over our grandma's will and for all we know will try to sell the thing despite it being my aunt's current house. I grew up liking this man and all at once he's become the biggest asshole I've ever met. Jesus, the hell is this guy's problem even.

Edit: My mom is okay now after getting out some satisfying F*** yous. He's still an ass but my mom really shoved it in his face.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Ugh, last day of vacation and I literally got no sleep last night, and now have a killer headache. And not getting sleep always exacerbates the problems I have with anxiety and depression, so I'm probably going to be stressed and moody all day. And I promised I'd do some RPing today, when I never can get inspiration when I'm depressed. Just fantastic.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

NihilisticNinja wrote:Ugh, last day of vacation and I literally got no sleep last night, and now have a killer headache. And not getting sleep always exacerbates the problems I have with anxiety and depression, so I'm probably going to be stressed and moody all day. And I promised I'd do some RPing today, when I never can get inspiration when I'm depressed. Just fantastic.
I know how you feel man. Pretty much had the same thing last week.
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Spoiler : Rant that talks about things offending people, spoiled just in case people don't like talking about this kind of thing :
So at OM yesterday, one of my teammates asked that I take out the phrase "Oh my God" from something I was writing for the skit. He said it was offensive to Christians. I was reluctant, but better to not offend people than to offend people, so I took it out and that was that.

However, he later texted something that is... I don't want to say offensive to certain people, nor do I want to say really offensive to me. However, I feel like I should rant about it as there's no better place to put this.

So, as I've said, saying "Oh my God" or something like that in casual conversation is offensive to certain Christians. Certain Christians will indeed scold you for saying it. This is news to me, considering I've been saying it for the past 3 years of my life without any real repercussion. One of my OM teammates is one of these people. However, in his text he compared it to insulting someone for being gay or transgender*. This irks me. The two things (while both can potentially involve certain interpretations of the bible) are unrelated, or at least should be. There's a certain stigma associated with insulting someone for having a minority gender/sexuality (NEW AGE TERM. i'm ahead of the times people.). This paragraph is getting too long.

There's a certain stigma, as I was saying, associated with someone insulting someone else for having a minority gender/sexuality. This stigma is generally "This is wrong, don't do this". There's an entirely different thing associated with saying "Oh my God", which you won't hear most people complaining about where I live. This may be different in other places. So may the stigma about insulting LBGTQ+ people. I wouldn't know. But if the two things are so different in principle, why should they be compared to each other? Is there any relation beyond them being words or beyond them being potentially offensive to people (there's always a chance of it not)?

It just bugs me. Taking the Lord's name in vain has several different interpretations, so you can't really compare it to something with only one or two. Right? I dunno. Feel free to leave thoughts on this.

*notice conveniently left out bisexuality
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Gav wrote:
Spoiler : Rant that talks about things offending people, spoiled just in case people don't like talking about this kind of thing :
So at OM yesterday, one of my teammates asked that I take out the phrase "Oh my God" from something I was writing for the skit. He said it was offensive to Christians. I was reluctant, but better to not offend people than to offend people, so I took it out and that was that.

However, he later texted something that is... I don't want to say offensive to certain people, nor do I want to say really offensive to me. However, I feel like I should rant about it as there's no better place to put this.

So, as I've said, saying "Oh my God" or something like that in casual conversation is offensive to certain Christians. Certain Christians will indeed scold you for saying it. This is news to me, considering I've been saying it for the past 3 years of my life without any real repercussion. One of my OM teammates is one of these people. However, in his text he compared it to insulting someone for being gay or transgender*. This irks me. The two things (while both can potentially involve certain interpretations of the bible) are unrelated, or at least should be. There's a certain stigma associated with insulting someone for having a minority gender/sexuality (NEW AGE TERM. i'm ahead of the times people.). This paragraph is getting too long.

There's a certain stigma, as I was saying, associated with someone insulting someone else for having a minority gender/sexuality. This stigma is generally "This is wrong, don't do this". There's an entirely different thing associated with saying "Oh my God", which you won't hear most people complaining about where I live. This may be different in other places. So may the stigma about insulting LBGTQ+ people. I wouldn't know. But if the two things are so different in principle, why should they be compared to each other? Is there any relation beyond them being words or beyond them being potentially offensive to people (there's always a chance of it not)?

It just bugs me. Taking the Lord's name in vain has several different interpretations, so you can't really compare it to something with only one or two. Right? I dunno. Feel free to leave thoughts on this.

A priest and a golfer were golfing together. On the first hole the golfer barely misses the hole, and says "God dammit I missed." The priest says "Those who use God's name in vain will be punished." The priest then shoots the ball, and it's guided by a single ray of light into the hole.

On the second hole the golfer barely misses the hole, and says "God dammit I missed." The priest says "Those who use God's name in vain will be punished." The priest then shoots the ball, and it's guided by a single ray of light into the hole.

On the third hole the golfer barely misses the hole, and says "God dammit I missed." The priest says "Those who use God's name in vain will be punished." The priest then shoots the ball, and it's guided by a single ray of light into the hole.

This continues all the way to the final hole, where the golfer barely misses the hole and says "God dammit I missed." The priest says "You have been warned about using God's name in vain, and now you will be punished." Suddenly everything turns dark as massive storm clouds cover up the sky. A bolt of lightning comes down, hitting and obliterating the priest. The golfer then hears a rumbling voice from the heavens say
Spoiler : :
"God dammit I missed."
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

BP you are an amazing person and I love you. That was hilarious.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

It's really frustrating when teachers ask me about things that don't seem to have any logical connection to each other at all, don't provide any explanation as to how these two things are logically connected, and then ask me to give them the logical connection as though it should be blatantly obvious. Especially when the logical connection is nowhere to be found in either the text or the additional materials they gave me. I want to do well in your class, but you are really not helping by asking questions that feel like strung together non-sequiturs and then asking me to pick up the pieces and somehow deduce what on Earth it is you're trying to ask.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Koda

Post by Koda »

Bad Player wrote:
Gav wrote:

A priest and a golfer were golfing together. On the first hole the golfer barely misses the hole, and says "God dammit I missed." The priest says "Those who use God's name in vain will be punished." The priest then shoots the ball, and it's guided by a single ray of light into the hole.

On the second hole the golfer barely misses the hole, and says "God dammit I missed." The priest says "Those who use God's name in vain will be punished." The priest then shoots the ball, and it's guided by a single ray of light into the hole.

On the third hole the golfer barely misses the hole, and says "God dammit I missed." The priest says "Those who use God's name in vain will be punished." The priest then shoots the ball, and it's guided by a single ray of light into the hole.

This continues all the way to the final hole, where the golfer barely misses the hole and says "God dammit I missed." The priest says "You have been warned about using God's name in vain, and now you will be punished." Suddenly everything turns dark as massive storm clouds cover up the sky. A bolt of lightning comes down, hitting and obliterating the priest. The golfer then hears a rumbling voice from the heavens say
Spoiler : :
"God dammit I missed."
LOL I remember you posting this on Court Records, still makes me crack up every time
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I was excited to have access to Crunchyroll on my phone but apparently Starbucks wifi will have none of that anime nonsense and will cut UBW's quality in half rendering it nearly unhearable. Greeeeaaaat.

Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

I have to go to class to take a test even though I've been vomiting and feeling weak most of the day.

Urghhhh
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

one day into college and i already messed up. i can't wait for this to be high school all over again.
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

日本語の授業で敬語の勉強をしますけど、マジで難しいです。たとえば「拙著をお送りしましたので御高覧ください」って何ですか?しかも昨晩は全然寝てませんし、集中力はありません。
あ、今先生は侍小説のせりふのことを話しています。これもテストに出ますか?うそでしょう?

It's a rant about Japanese in Japanese. Deal with it.

But if you really want a translation, it says "I'm studying keigo in a Japanese class but it's seriously difficult. For example what does "拙著をお送りしましたので御高覧ください" mean? Besides, I didn't get any sleep last night so I have no concentration.
Ah, now the teacher is talking about a line from a samurai novel. Does this come to the test? It's a lie, right?"