Roulette Rules

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

clcman
Spoken languages: English

Re: Roulette Rules

Post by clcman »

Wait a second...
:objection:
In the awards ceremony, it was clearly claimed that there were 36 prompts. However, as RiksKing pointed out earlier, there were actually 37 prompts (not counting Prompt 0). THESE RESULTS ARE INVALID!
Oh, yeah. Forgot to do this:
I humbly accept the award for best yandere, and feel obliged to mention that, had I been offered the award for Best Most Plant, I would not have accepted it, as RiksKing clearly deserved it more.

If I understand this right... was every other entry besides mine a first trial? If so, congratulations to RiksKing and Reecer as well. Actually, congratulations even if it wasn't your first trial. Nice job everyone... who submitted something. The rest of you are terrible human beings.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

@Enthalpy: Would you believe I didn't? Mind PMing us what this "content" is?
clcman

Post by clcman »

enigma wrote:@Enthalpy: Would you believe I didn't? Mind PMing us what this "content" is?
Excessive mustaches.
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

clcman wrote:Excessive mustaches.
Mm, precisely. Facial hair, that horrible influence. Why do you think Hobo Nick forged evidence? It was because he had facial hair!
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

It's not like we need it anymore anyway, it's already served it's purpose. :P
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
RiksKing
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, Little bit German & French

Post by RiksKing »

clcman wrote: I humbly accept the award for best yandere, and feel obliged to mention that, had I been offered the award for Best Most Plant, I would not have accepted it, as RiksKing clearly deserved it more.
Thank you! I haven't seen your tree yet though,so I wouldn't really be able to tell.
I do feel to point out however, that the only thing Rinkkjs contributed to the case was that Talk to Plant conversation... so uhm, that's something.
clcman wrote: If I understand this right... was every other entry besides mine a first trial? If so, congratulations to RiksKing and Reecer as well. Actually, congratulations even if it wasn't your first trial. Nice job everyone... who submitted something. The rest of you are terrible human beings.
Kinda funny indeed how this competition mainly consisted of newcomers, except you. Makes me wonder that if we joined later, (or in my case, a later competition) that there possibly would only be 1 entry. And you know, competitions with one entry aren't all that exciting.
I also like how the last one to join was the only complete entry.
--Captivated by Persona 4--
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

calvinball wrote:
clcman wrote:Excessive mustaches.
Mm, precisely. Facial hair, that horrible influence. Why do you think Hobo Nick forged evidence? It was because he had facial hair!
Don't forget DWaM and his stubble! It all makes sense now!
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

to be fair

i shaved

which is probably why i didn't manage to ruin this comp
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

You didn't have enough crack though, DWaM, which ruined the comp regardless. Gosh, DWaM, THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
clcman

Post by clcman »

RiksKing wrote:
clcman wrote: I humbly accept the award for best yandere, and feel obliged to mention that, had I been offered the award for Best Most Plant, I would not have accepted it, as RiksKing clearly deserved it more.
Thank you! I haven't seen your tree yet though,so I wouldn't really be able to tell.
I do feel to point out however, that the only thing Rinkkjs contributed to the case was that Talk to Plant conversation... so uhm, that's something.
clcman wrote: If I understand this right... was every other entry besides mine a first trial? If so, congratulations to RiksKing and Reecer as well. Actually, congratulations even if it wasn't your first trial. Nice job everyone... who submitted something. The rest of you are terrible human beings.
Kinda funny indeed how this competition mainly consisted of newcomers, except you. Makes me wonder that if we joined later, (or in my case, a later competition) that there possibly would only be 1 entry. And you know, competitions with one entry aren't all that exciting.
I also like how the last one to join was the only complete entry.
Trust me, your case had the Best Most Plant. All my tree had was seemingly-unimportant-but-probably-critical-to-the-case-somehow evidence. And Trucy tried to lick it.

Like I said before, it seems that new guys are just better motivated to get stuff done than experienced veterans.
All in all, I met some new people, actually got started on a case that I've been meaning to do for a long time, built up some hype for it (and motivation to keep working on it) and finally manage to get myself back into trial-making. I'd say this comp was a success from my perspective.

Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

By way of announcement, clcman will be helping me host the next case competition. I should have the new competition topic up by tomorrow at the latest. Stay tuned!
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
clcman

Post by clcman »

I can confirm this team-up.

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Looking forward to the new competition!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Congratulations to calvinball. I'm excited to play his trial and to enter the next competition, realize I have 3 weeks, and drop out.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
clcman

Post by clcman »

Update for everyone: calvinball and I have a theme, and we're putting together the thread. Because it's late for both of us, the new thread will probably be up tomorrow. So if any of you have anything left to say on this thread, say it now.