Novus Ordo Turnaboutum

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Calvinball
Spoken languages: English

Novus Ordo Turnaboutum

Post by Calvinball »

Novus Ordo Turnaboutum
Wake up, people! They're everywhere!
Nostradamus wrote:Novus Ordo Turnaboutum is Latin for "New Order of the Turnabouts" (anyone who says that Turnaboutum isn't Latin is working for Them) and represents the nefarious and probably French forces that secretly control the world of Ace Attorney Online.
Break out your tinfoil hats, people, because we're going to go all the way off the deep end to uncover the truth that They don't want us to know! No, we're not paranoid wackjobs. Whatever gave you that idea?

Task:
For this competition, create a case involving some sort of conspiracy. That is to say, two or more (ideally more) people secretly working together for some undoubtedly nefarious goal. It could be a government cover-up, a shady corporate scheme, systematic police corruption, widespread organized crime, illicit medical experiments, an ancient religious cult, secret societies, assassination plots, aliens, whatever! Go nuts! Uncover the secret origins of the Fey Clan, discover the Phantom's bosses, take down Bruto Cadeverini, battle the De Killers, reveal how GYAXA faked the moon landings, explore Area 51, fight cocoon smugglers who are actually reptilian humanoids who worship an extradimensional entity; the list is endless! Whatever paranoid fantasy floats your boat! Make us question what we know and see the "enemy" everywhere. After all, it's not paranoia if They really ARE out to get you...

(Canon examples of such conspiracies include Bluecorp, Gant's control of the police, the smuggling ring from Investigations, the Phantom's backers, Themis Academy's corruption, the Rivales gang, the assassination attempt in Turnabout Target and, well, if you've finished GK2, you know what I'm talking about.)

The Conspiracy does not necessarily have to be totally exposed or defeated by the end of the case, but it should play a significant role in the case (and would almost certainly be your villains (though not necessarily)).

Do note: theme relevance will be relatively important in this competition, especially compared to the last competition (the above paragraphs, of course, cover the basic parameters).

Conditions
  • The entry must be created between April 22nd and August 4th
  • The entry must not be showcased until judging has been completed
  • The entry must fit the theme of this competition
  • The entry may spoil any Ace Attorney game released at the time of this writing
  • The entry may be a comedy/miscellaneous case
  • Complete entries are preferred, but not required
  • The entry must be sent to both me and clcman
  • The entry must be accompanied by a spoilered walkthrough in the PM. The walkthrough should cover court segments and other puzzles at a minimum.
Deadline

All entries must be declared and submitted to me and clcman by August 8th, 2015 at 11:59 PM MST

Entrants

Trybien and Reactinator304 (I hope we react well to their entry! Whatever it is, it has to be better than Armstrong's cooking...)
RiksKing and Rinkkjs (Are they willing to risk it all to become the kings of the competition?) Day Extended Deadline: Apparently not.
Reecer6 (Coming soon to a theater near you: Turnabout on FOUR Screens!)
Dave (Rising from the ashes to try something new!)
trialdude (Here with the Best Most Smartest username on AAO!) Day 2012: Taken down by the Illuminati.
Spyromed (For the Skylands!) Day Alien Abduction: Kaos has won.
roaringjohn (...And we're gonna hear John roar with the joy of winning a case comp, am I right?!~) Day... uh: Sidelined by sore throat.
Gamer2002 (2002 was 13 years ago. Wow. That's like... a middle schooler right there. I feel old.)
enigma (Well, we know the answer to at least one: he really did join in the end!)
Gumpei (What do you call it when Taka joins an elite space faring team of heroes? Star Hawk! Wait, is that even a pun?)
Last edited by Calvinball on Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 21 times in total.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Novus Ordo Turnaboutum

Post by kwando1313 »

Higami, the comp.

But this is a neat idea. Will be intrigued to see what comes out from this.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

My friend Reactinator304 and I are hardboiled to get this comp done. So sign us up. (I'll probably get him to post later)
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
RiksKing
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, Little bit German & French

Post by RiksKing »

As said, me and RinkkJS wanted to join this comp, so sign us up please :).

I pretty much figured our previous trial is going to take much more then "polish issues" to actually release (a complete rewrite) so the chances of that getting released are actually pretty low at this point.
--Captivated by Persona 4--
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Snake people, or "Sneople", control our government at the highest levels.

Fun prompt, may see if I bother coming up with an idea for this one.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Total control by reptilian humanoids from the lower fourth dimension is a real conspiracy theory, though of course, they're controlled by the fifth dimension.

Sadly, I'll have to sit this one out as well, but I'm still willing to do testing!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

@gotMLK7: Should I consider you entered, or are you going to wait a bit?
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Enthalpy wrote:Total control by reptilian humanoids from the lower fourth dimension is a real conspiracy theory, though of course, they're controlled by the fifth dimension.

Sadly, I'll have to sit this one out as well, but I'm still willing to do testing!
Please, we all know that the government is all controlled by the Illuminati who are in fact mind controlled drones made by the Freemasons. They hide this by using contrails found in GMO corn.

Anywho, as before, I'm up for beta testing. Whee.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

I want to never work on a case outside of a competition again, apparently. Sign me up. Maybe I'll collab with someone later on? Who knows! I'm open!
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Not making any promises, but I may join this one.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

I'm joining, even after the past failures. I do need someone who's willing to have minimal interaction with most of the work, mainly just being the editor of my script, and inputting it into the editor for me. (Things you'd find in this role would be: Trimming down sentences/rewording to figure out what fits in the editor. Just generally fixing my variety of mistakes, because I won't be looking for errors as much as trying to write something coherent.) I found that my biggest weakness was actually framing, so my solution is that I'm going to do script form. It might get messy.

I do prefer the person to have fair experience in dialogue, and writing in general.
clcman

Post by clcman »

RiksKing wrote:As said, me and RinkkJS wanted to join this comp, so sign us up please :).

I pretty much figured our previous trial is going to take much more then "polish issues" to actually release (a complete rewrite) so the chances of that getting released are actually pretty low at this point.
Well, people DO actually make cases outside of competitions, so you can always work on it for some time later.
*Says the guy who hasn't finished the reworking of a comp case he made 3 and a half years ago*
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
RiksKing
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, Little bit German & French

Post by RiksKing »

I know about that :XD:. I guess it's more about finding motivation to rewrite a whole case, it seems to be like that for the both of us.^^
--Captivated by Persona 4--
clcman

Post by clcman »

RiksKing wrote:I know about that :XD:. I guess it's more about finding motivation to rewrite a whole case, it seems to be like that for the both of us.^^
Strangely enough, I actually reworked the thing fairly quickly. The problem is that I keep making new projects for comps or just not doing AAO at all.
Though, since I suppose I can't enter this particular competition, maybe I can finally do some work on it...
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Hm... I'm considering joining with a short trial. How do you judges feel about spoilers for non-AA games/anime? Specifically, my idea for an entry spoils the first arc (eps 1-3 of the anime, the first VN, books 1 and 2 of the manga) of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. It still aims to be accessible to those who have never played/watched/read the series (as in understandable and enjoyable) but... Yeah. It can't help spoilers happening. Is this okay or not?