Ace Everything Else Online

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Re: Ace Everything Else Online

Post by DWaM »

Spoiler : :
Congrats to Acid Rain! Looking forward to findin' that Tommy Wiseau
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Congratulations! Looking forward to raging at creative puzzles.
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

don't check the last page if you don't wanna be spoiled, click the link in this quote to view the ceremony and such:
Gamer2002 wrote:
(and congratulations to the winner! now get the new comp up gogogogogogogogogo)
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

It's now tagged.

Congratulations to the winner, and thank you to Gamer and enigma!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
clcman

Post by clcman »

clcman wrote: Moreover, enigma as until about 4 AM tomorrow morning before he "beats" N.O.T.'s wait time record.*

Dear Lord, what have we unleashed?

But seriously, N.O.T. had 47 awards, a fight with the embodiment of nefarious conspiracies and a Batman cameo, so you better bring the A game, 'nigma.

*Thirty-six days, not including the original deadline extension. Also, I'm calling it: enigma will release the results at 3 AM.
Hey, I was within the margin of error.

As for the thing itself...
@Pomp: It was really more of 15 pages of hype with 35 pages of "update, please?"

On the plus side "This paper is literally blank" is probably the best meta joke ever.

And thus the world was saved, thanks to the power of apathy.

Congrats, Acid Rain. My money was on you.

Also, this awards ceremony makes it official: N.O.T. was the comp so iconic that everything possible about it had to be repeated. (It also should have tied for Most Judges.)

Acid Rain, please do NOT take 36 days to announce your winner, okay?
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Acid Rain
Spoken languages: English, Canadian Redneck English

Post by Acid Rain »

I can't actually watch the awards right now, since I don't want to be that guy who hogs the library computers to play games, so I guess I don't know for sure if I'm not getting super trolled right now.

Further bulletins as events warrant.

rip less cool ttt banner
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

I didn't properly congratulate the winner in my last post because I posted it before I watched the case and didn't want to edit it, so:
Congratulations, Acid! Going up against something like Burned Man and winning with relatively little recognition to your name is impressive, especially including the... gameplay problems REM seemed to have. Can't wait to see it released so I can play it on "I'm a baby" mode.

...Ooh, what's this PM for?
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Acid Rain
Spoken languages: English, Canadian Redneck English

Post by Acid Rain »

Spoiler : Victory Speech :
I want to thank my Mom, my Dad, and Donald Trump for helping me get this far. The three of you are the light of my life thank you so much.

So it turns out that I don't really know what to say here so here's Michigan J. Frog.
gg everyone

rip less cool ttt banner
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

enigma wrote:
PhoenixRises123 wrote:Hey I have an idea for a topic, 'what theme would you pick if you chose the next comp' everyone can answer, even people who aren't part of the comp. For me, I would choose crossovers, but what do you think? :wink: Can't wait to hear your suggestions.This is just a question about what theme you want for the next comp..
Geez! Slow down there, buddy! Wait until judging's happening or something... Yeesh. We still have, like, a month or so left.
Theme ideas for Acid Rain, anyone? if only to postpone the lethal lockhammer wielded by Enthalpy
PhoenixRises123

Post by PhoenixRises123 »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:
enigma wrote:
PhoenixRises123 wrote:Hey I have an idea for a topic, 'what theme would you pick if you chose the next comp' everyone can answer, even people who aren't part of the comp. For me, I would choose crossovers, but what do you think? :wink: Can't wait to hear your suggestions.This is just a question about what theme you want for the next comp..
Geez! Slow down there, buddy! Wait until judging's happening or something... Yeesh. We still have, like, a month or so left.
Theme ideas for Acid Rain, anyone? if only to postpone the lethal lockhammer wielded by Enthalpy
Here are some other ideas I have. Mentioning D.G.S inside spoiler post, just for warning!
Perhaps a historic theme then, something like how The Great Ace Attorney took place in the pre-World War 2 era. Or maybe a futuristic theme where Humanity has advanced greatly with technology and science, making for some interesting ideas for murders... :bluetruth:
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Actually...

Acid Rain's passed over the judge position to me (because GT:ALD is easily the second best trial in this entire compo), and I already have my theme firmly in mind.

And I don't think I'll be taking any co-judges. Both Burned Man and MiM have two authors, and three co-authors would just be tooooo much for me. Unfortunately, this means I can't have any fun back-and-forth dialogue in SoCs in the future, but it also means full creative control and that's always great.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Though I technically said this in the comp awards thing, I'll say it here too just for posterity. (Is that the right word? Screw it. Who cares?)

Congratulations, Acid Rain. A truly well deserved win! And I can't wait for the complete REM.
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler : Do we still need to spoiler this stuff? :
What a twist! Who would've thought that Pomp was behind it all along...

But a huge congratulations to Acid Rain! I can't wait to play R E M - though this also reminds me that I have to play A Burned Man Walks Down the Desolate Corridor. And Myster in Mitakihara. And Ghost Trick. And Inboubarashi-hen, actually.

Hm... you know you have a problem with procrastination when you start procrastinating your video games, too...
Spoiler : Speaking of, @clcman :
I'll try to Skype you about Inboubarashi-hen and when we might be able to finish it tomorrow, if that's cool
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
clcman

Post by clcman »

Reecer6 wrote:Actually...

Acid Rain's passed over the judge position to me (because GT:ALD is easily the second best trial in this entire compo), and I already have my theme firmly in mind.

And I don't think I'll be taking any co-judges. Both Burned Man and MiM have two authors, and three co-authors would just be tooooo much for me. Unfortunately, this means I can't have any fun back-and-forth dialogue in SoCs in the future, but it also means full creative control and that's always great.
You know, you can actually take anyone you want as a co-judge. They don't actually have to have been in the previous comp.
EDIT: Wait, no, apparently there's a rule about that now. Seems a little silly to me, but it's not currently my problem. Though you could take one of the two authors of another case. How you'd do that fairly, I don't know.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Reecer6 wrote:Actually...

Then post the thread already :gray:

(if this was CR i'd use the yogi-fist emote instead)