Looking Back (Awards Ceremony is out!)

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Re: Looking Back

Post by Nicky Boy »

SuperAj3 wrote:Trying to work through this in Nicky's absence (He's taken some time off for IRL stuff).
Spoiler : hypeshot :
You will FEEL the Christmas!
Do not worry, I'm alright, just mobile locked for a little while.

That said,
Spoiler : :
smh my head, not waiting for me to finish his Christmas set and using his ordinary, orange suit... Astin is disappointed in you
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Post by Super legenda »

SuperAj3 wrote:Trying to work through this in Nicky's absence (He's taken some time off for IRL stuff).
Spoiler : hypeshot :
You will FEEL the Christmas!
Awsome2464
Spoken languages: English

Post by Awsome2464 »

Question for planning purposes: from what I understand, having too many frames in a single case might have some negative effects on the player depending on things like browser, online connection, etc. and it's recommended to split cases up if it gets too frame-heavy. Since my entry follows the typical 'investigation then trial' format, I may have to have each part be its own separate 'case'. Is that allowed?
Image Image
clcman

Post by clcman »

Awsome2464 wrote:Question for planning purposes: from what I understand, having too many frames in a single case might have some negative effects on the player depending on things like browser, online connection, etc. and it's recommended to split cases up if it gets too frame-heavy. Since my entry follows the typical 'investigation then trial' format, I may have to have each part be its own separate 'case'. Is that allowed?
Multi-part cases have been acceptable in all previous comps (though perhaps discouraged in the "Short and Sweet" make-a-case-with-less-than-4,000-frames comp). I find it difficult to believe that they'd be banned in this one. (Note that if you link the two parts in a "series" in the Trials Manager, at the end of one part you can set the "End the game" action to "Go to the next part of the series", and the trial will automatically jump to the next section.)
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

It's definitely been a productive work day! The investigation is underway and lots of clues are to be found.
Spoiler : In the meantime, more hypeshots! :

Image Image
Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Post by Super legenda »

Awsome2464 wrote:It's definitely been a productive work day! The investigation is underway and lots of clues are to be found.

He does?
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Awsome2464 wrote:It's definitely been a productive work day! The investigation is underway and lots of clues are to be found.

*sees the ladder*
:shock:
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

risefromtheashes wrote:

*sees the ladder*
That's a stepladder.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Awsome2464 wrote:Question for planning purposes: from what I understand, having too many frames in a single case might have some negative effects on the player depending on things like browser, online connection, etc. and it's recommended to split cases up if it gets too frame-heavy. Since my entry follows the typical 'investigation then trial' format, I may have to have each part be its own separate 'case'. Is that allowed?
I'm late on this, but yes, historically, this has been just fine.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

DJJ6800 wrote:
risefromtheashes wrote:

*sees the ladder*
That's a stepladder.
OH GOD DAMMI--
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
clcman

Post by clcman »

Well, that was an interesting experience. Fortunately, AAO's massive head wound seems to have been (mostly) fixed now.

I leave the question of if the comp deadline should be extended in compensation up to our fine judges. (I'm mainly just here to test that posting still works.)
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

If possible, I'd like to vote for extending the deadline as well.

For the update reasons and also because Nicky Boy's told me he has been without internet for the past few weeks and from what I understand, will be for the next week or so.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

SuperAj3 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:29 am If possible, I'd like to vote for extending the deadline as well.

For the update reasons and also because Nicky Boy's told me he has been without internet for the past few weeks and from what I understand, will be for the next week or so.
At the beginning of the month, I moved cities for my studies; however, my appartment (and several others in the block of flats) aren't properly equipped for Internet access yet. Don't ask me why, I don't know either. We have all made requests to the same company, and the latter hope they'll go through soon since they've piled up.

I've found a temporal solution, however, I first need to catch up with the lectures I missed before picking my entry back up (not that I don't trust SuperAj3, but it's not fair for him to work on most of the case by himself (and, to be honest, Isaac is my OC)).

I'm in for extending the deadline by how much time was lost due to the site changes. More time would, of course, be appreciated, but I'll leave it up to everyone else, as I don't want this to be seen as me wanting special treatment
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

An extended deadline might not be the worst idea given the situation with the site. It's only fair, in my opinion, as it was beyond our control.
Image Image
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

I agree. It would help us a lot. Not saying it has to be a long extension. But maybe one of a week or two. It would certainly help us.