Butterfly Effect

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Awsome2464
Spoken languages: English

Re: Butterfly Effect

Post by Awsome2464 »

Now that the "everyone is banned" situation has been taken care of, does anyone feel like it's slowed down their progress at all? It was only a day, but if people need the deadline extended to April 27th to compensate for it, I'll oblige.
Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I'll allow a one day extension, but in future, don't even float the idea of an extension (or any other rules change) without running it past me first.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Tear
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Tear »

Why? This seems arbitrary, and the rule you're referring to wasn't even here before Awsome2464's message.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Tear wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:10 pm Why? This seems arbitrary, and the rule you're referring to wasn't even here before Awsome2464's message.
1. English case competitions have had problems in the past with judges granting several weeks worth of deadline extensions. I completely agree that a one day extension is not likely to cause problems. But "get moderation to approve any and all rules changes" is the simplest way to prevent excessive delays. I'm open to revamping the system if there's demand for it.

2. The rule in question was intended since 2018. That deadline extensions required moderator permission was even intended since 2015 (Formally allowed custom rules, and changes to custom rules, with moderator permission. This includes deadline extensions.). But it indeed was not worded clearly, so I updated the wording for clarity after Awesome's post.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Tear
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Tear »

I feel like this makes everyone overly reliant on you if even small things like that need your approval. What happens if you disappear for a while, without being able to warn anyone? Is the English section just stuck in time until you get back?

Thanks for the clarification though. Transparency is always appreciated.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Good point. I'll give some thought to alternatives and hope to have a discussion topic on this within the next week or so.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

So, given my recent return, I've been thinking about AA, and I've had an idea for this tournament. If there's anyone interested in helping me write the mystery (as I'm terrible at AA mysteries and case logic), I'm looking to sign up. I know we're close to the deadline, but I'm feeling inspired. Plus I'm planning a short case overall. DM me if you're interested in helping, and if I find someone, we'll officially enter.

drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Update: ZekromFan57 and I will be joining the competition!

DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Ooh! An interesting combination of the returning veteran responsible for A Turnabout Called Justice and the newbie who rocketed in with Dream of a Better Turnabout! I look forward to your entry.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

drvonkitty wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:39 pm Update: ZekromFan57 and I will be joining the competition!
I'm hype for this entry! :sawhit:
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

drvonkitty wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:39 pm Update: ZekromFan57 and I will be joining the competition!
Glad to hear it! You're both added. Best of luck!
Image Image
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Excited to see what we can do! Looking forward to it and I promise this one won't take an AA-time-gap to finish. :hobo:

Anyway, here's the traditional hypeshot:
Spoiler : :

DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

drvonkitty wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:37 pm Excited to see what we can do! Looking forward to it and I promise this one won't take an AA-time-gap to finish. :hobo:

Anyway, here's the traditional hypeshot:
Achievement Unlocked: The Hiring Never Happen
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

So, this is extremely regretful, but...
I'm gonna have to drop out. Not out of lack of time or good story, but it's just because my mood hasn't been feeling up to writing a whole case like this right now.

It really sucks cause I was super excited for this case comp, but alas, I just won't have enough time to finish it before next month without it being extremely rushed, especially since I'm not even done plotting out part 2 of the case.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

FenrirDarkWolf wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:39 am So, this is extremely regretful, but...
I'm gonna have to drop out. Not out of lack of time or good story, but it's just because my mood hasn't been feeling up to writing a whole case like this right now.

It really sucks cause I was super excited for this case comp, but alas, I just won't have enough time to finish it before next month without it being extremely rushed, especially since I'm not even done plotting out part 2 of the case.
I totally understand that. I hope that one day you'll find the motivation to finish the case, even if it's not for the comp.
Image Image