Henke37's lightning competition

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Tap
Spoken languages: English

Re: Henke37's lightning competition

Post by Tap »

Both of your trials were awesome. If I had to decide...well, I couldn't because they were both really good.
ImageImage
Powerdrone

Post by Powerdrone »

Did you see the stuff I added to mine? I finished off the third cross-examination and am going to begin on a fourth =P
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Haha... Well, at least you're still going strong. I had to stop making trials the rest of the day, it's surprisingly exhausting for me when I'm on a deadline... Even those two C-Es took nearly three days and shoved me into writer's block. XD
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

I am doing my judging now.

Turnabout Ink:
Spoiler : comments :
It is nice to have a good execution. No issues that I can find. However, you did a rather embarrassing mistake with the victim profile. You managed to have the wrong date of death on it. You should probably not even have stated that. And then we have frame number 295 where you either missed to set the character or background. The ending was abrupt but it is clearly something that could be finished quite well. Given the strict timeframe, this has been quite good. Just some more work and I can see this being a featured trial.
I can not judge the GK trial, sorry. Given that I don't know of a substitute judge, I am afraid that I simply can't consider that entry.

Alternative universe:
Spoiler : comments :
You where a bit late with the submission, but I chose to ignore this, since an hour doesn't matter in the end.
I like the take on the alternative universe idea, some similarities and yet some that was different. I like that you made an intro, a very good one in fact! However, you should have hid the profiles during the intro. It was a bit silly knowing who was going to die due to reading them. However, the meeting with the client made me laugh for real, Larry is still Larry. The story continued to be hilarious. Seriously, mr gavel? Yet, the story shows that there is something very interesting behind the humor.
The custom pose was quite nicely done and did in fact add to the story. The execution was nearly flawless, there was but a single mistake, and that was a minor thing that only I would catch anyway.
And now for the results of my judging:
Spoiler : Winner :
Powerdrone311 fought hard, but okappa simply had more writing skill. He wove a truly humorous story that made me laugh multiple times, yet still manages to be an interesting tale. While the execution also was better, both due to custom content and using the trial maker to it's fullest potentional, it is clear that even if the execution had been worse, okappa still would have won due to the writing. I am looking forward to the conclusion of this.

Powerdrone311 simply was defeated by someone better, he did a good job, but okappa simply did much better.

It is a pity that I could not judge all the entries, I wish that I could have, but sadly that is the case right now. I am sure that Ptapcc did a good job, but I simply can't say for sure. My sincerest apologies.
With the winner decided, I only need the steam details to send the price to him.

This has been a fun contest. While I do not expect that I will be running more ones in the near future, I hope to do it again another time.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

*bows* Thank you, Henke! And good game, Powerdrone! I loved your trial as well, and was quite nervous about the results. XD

Um, what Steam details exactly, Henke? Never had somebody send me things before. XD Is it just the username you need?
henke37

Post by henke37 »

Just the email will do fine.
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Um... it's elkappa? Haha, I haven't been on Steam in ages.

I'll just link to my profile, if that helps.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995249102
Powerdrone

Post by Powerdrone »

Darn. I was working really hard to try and get my trial finished, and so I didn't really add as much humour as I probably should have. I'm definitely going to finish the trial though, and hopefully it WILL become featured! Surprised to see that Henke liked it! XD XD XD

Congratulations to you, Okappa! Hope you enjoy that game! =P

This was fun, would love to do it again some time!
henke37

Post by henke37 »

Now you just need to login and then I can send the game.
Tap

Post by Tap »

Congratulations okappa! Your trial was fantastic in terms of the dialogue and execution, just as henke said. Drone, you lost in my book only because the dialogue could have been more descriptive and longer.

That's fine henke. I was aware of this when I entered so I'm not upset about it. Like I said, I have won in a way for creating the first GK fan case :D
ImageImage
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Thank you Ptapcc :D

I can't wait until I finish AAIME so I can play your trial though. (Well, I really just can't wait until I get AAIME in general, haha...)
Powerdrone

Post by Powerdrone »

Same here.

Oh, and btw, I'm adding Maya to my trial. Hopefully that'll help make things more comic. I've also begun work on extending the beginning of the trial.