A 'Fall'ing Turnabout

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Zeel1™
Spoken languages: English

Re: A 'Fall'ing Turnabout

Post by Zeel1™ »

Gotta say, I think Blader's going to take this one. Really loved that trial. I know it has pretty much nothing to do with Fall, but none of them really do, so... :awesome:
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

P-p-p-p-PARRIE LIKED IT?!?! :shock:

Wow, I'm shocked. Here I am thinking it's too in-jokey to pass. Not complaining though! :larry:
Spoiler : stuff I feel I should respond to :
Sometimes your text is squished together (usually when you have merged frames; you have to remember to add spaces!)
That's odd, I know I added spaced between the frames in the editor, maybe I didn't save it?
"And I shall prove it, or my name isn't Phoenix Wright?" Was that intentional? Because I thought it was and lol'd but then you didn't follow up on it...
I thought pointing it out would have killed the joke, so I didn't. :P There's actually a lot of subtle jokes like that in the trial, where I think spelling them out would have ruined it.
Why didn't you use the cross-examination panel?
I don't know how you'd begin to accuse the Burger King and the Kool Aid man of the crime with the materials you have, so I decided to make this non-interactive. I don't think the world is ready for an interactive Canon trial starring Canon, he could make a ridiculous argument out of anything... XD
You use the gunshot sound effect a little too much for my taste... there are plenty more that you can use (Shocked, uh oh, stab, etc.) that aren't as grating
Boy, you should have seen the first version... :awesome:

But yeah, I toned it down and I still think it's a bit too much, I won't disagree with you there.
...There is SO much potential for innuendo in this...
Believe me when I say most of it is accidental...
How'd you get the love eyes?! That's awesome!
They come in the editor under Phoenix's sprites.
I get a distinct feel of Zeel when Canon is hitting on Ema...
:calisto: Oh lordy...I can already see it...
A Charles Mason gag?? SERIOUSLY?! XD
Yes, seriously XD
EDIT: ZEEL LIKED IT TOO?!?!?!

I'm glad it wasn't so injoky, then. And to think, this is a last-ditch entry I made up in 3 days...
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

...Are you honestly saying that you made all that up on the top of your head?
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Yes, I seriously made this up as a last minute entry because I wasn't going to finish my original one in time.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

BBblader wrote:Yes, I seriously made this up as a last minute entry because I wasn't going to finish my original one in time.
See kids? That's the true way to be successful - do all of your work at the very last minute, then soak in all of the praise!

It's how Glase Canon would do it, and it's how you should do it too.
Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

It's Glase Canon man. Give the guy a gosh darn trial series!
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

...After seeing how well received this has been, I think I just might do that! :mrgreen:
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
paradoxinparticles
Spoken languages: English, French

Post by paradoxinparticles »

REVIEW
Diego and gotMLK7's Turnabout in the Sky
Spoiler : This review contains spoilers for this trial. :
• You use the 'whoops' sound effect WAY too much. It should be used maybe once or twice, but you use it for EVERYTHING and frankly, it's annoying. There's a BUNCH of other sound effects you can use; mix them up!
• The courtroom opening is great! Very accurate.
• There are a lot of grammar mistakes --- lots of missing commas, inconsistencies, improper tense agreements, etc.
• There should be a space after Mr. It should be Mr. Payne, not Mr.Payne.
• Very nice custom images and evidence.
• Nice jab at Payne before the cross-examination!
• And at Gumshoe XD
• I really liked the way Phoenix explained the cross-examination
• The map is GREAT! Really good custom content in here.
• Phoenix makes accountants seem so scary o.o
• Desiree's edited sprite is disconcerting because she doesn't talk. You should always aim to have a talking sprite when introducing custom/edited content.
• How does the Miley/Miles/Jett friendship/love triangle explain why Miles called Miley to the camp? Major plot hole there.
• Cool custom sprite for Jett --- great job, gotMLK
• The judge is just being a huge jerk this whole trial!
• "Grack" is possibly the best word I've ever heard
• Prie is a creep! Scamming on Miley when her husband just died? He has a wife, too!
• This whole trial is so full of plot holes it's hard to keep them straight. How could Miley see anything from 80 feet below the plane? Why did no one bring up the fact that Alan must not have been wearing gloves if everyone can see his ring? How did Jett manage the fly the plane AND shoot Miles while not depressurizing the cockpit by opening the window? Again, HOW ON EARTH DOES THE LOVE TRIANGLE EXPLAIN WHY MILES CALLED MILEY TO THE CAMP?!?! I JUST DON'T GET IT AT ALL!
OVERALL RATING
Attention to prompt;
'Fall': 10/10
Quality of Trial; Serious:
1. Storyline: 6/10
2. Murder: 8/10
3. Contradictions: 7/10
4. Continuity: 5/10

FINAL MARK
36/50
72%

Sorry guys! It had a really inventive murder, but things just didn't make sense!

Up next: Hold it!
Sorry this is taking so long, everyone. I'm not very fast at playing trials, and I've had stuff to do all day.
call me Parrie

"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear and will let it pass through me."
-Frank Herbert

I make boxart now
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

paradoxinparticles wrote:
REVIEW
• You use the 'whoops' sound effect WAY too much. It should be used maybe once or twice, but you use it for EVERYTHING and frankly, it's annoying. There's a BUNCH of other sound effects you can use; mix them up!
• There are a lot of grammar mistakes --- lots of missing commas, inconsistencies, improper tense agreements, etc.
• And at Gumshoe XD
• Desiree's edited sprite is disconcerting because she doesn't talk. You should always aim to have a talking sprite when introducing custom/edited content.
• How does the Miley/Miles/Jett friendship/love triangle explain why Miles called Miley to the camp? Major plot hole there.
• Prie is a creep! Scamming on Miley when her husband just died? He has a wife, too!
• This whole trial is so full of plot holes it's hard to keep them straight. How could Miley see anything from 80 feet below the plane? Why did no one bring up the fact that Alan must not have been wearing gloves if everyone can see his ring? How did Jett manage the fly the plane AND shoot Miles while not depressurizing the cockpit by opening the window? Again, HOW ON EARTH DOES THE LOVE TRIANGLE EXPLAIN WHY MILES CALLED MILEY TO THE CAMP?!?! I JUST DON'T GET IT AT ALL!
OVERALL RATING
Attention to prompt;

FINAL MARK
36/50
72%

Sorry guys! It had a really inventive murder, but things just didn't make sense!

Sorry this is taking so long, everyone. I'm not very fast at playing trials, and I've had stuff to do all day.
Ahh, well, it was all in good fun.
Spoiler : Spoilerish :
Parrie, he was not hitting on her, he was going to help her get her life back in order from the murder, considering she's a widow now.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
paradoxinparticles

Diego wrote:
paradoxinparticles wrote:
REVIEW
• And at Gumshoe XD
OVERALL RATING
Attention to prompt;

FINAL MARK
36/50
72%

Ahh, well, it was all in good fun.
Spoiler : Spoilerish :
Parrie, he was not hitting on her, he was going to help her get her life back in order from the murder, considering she's a widow now.
Spoiler : :
Lolz it DEFINITELY came out like he was hitting on her. That might be the sprite's fault, though. Armando gives off the 'player' vibe.
call me Parrie

"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear and will let it pass through me."
-Frank Herbert

I make boxart now
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

:gumshoe:
We had an awesome idea, we just had to rush the script. A lot of things were added and dropped. To answer some questions:
Miley didn't know he was dead until the body landed.
Diego added in the ring thing due to lack of contradiction ideas.
I didn't think about air pressure...my bad...
I guess we forgot to add in the fact that Miles (not Edgeworth, that was my bad on naming) was trying to impress his wife, who was a flying fan when we discussed it over Gmail.
And yes, "grack" is the best word ever.

I guess we just didn't know how much time we really had, and the whole thing was rushed. If I can make a suggestion to whoever wins, though, if you go for a "holiday" challenge next, make sure it doesn't offend anybody's religion. Just warning you.

Oh, and Diego, you did make it sound like he was hitting on her when you wrote that.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot: I wnated to clear up the name puns in the trial.
Miles Highe-miles high
Miley Highe-mile high
Spike Tackles-spectacles
Jett Sonic-jet, sonic speed
Alan Prie-anagram of "airplane"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

Not a terrible entry - probably the most theme relevant one in fact, so that's a plus. I must say though, it was incredibly easy, in fact it may be the easiest serious trial I've ever played, except maybe The First Turnabout... :awesome: It may be the only trial on here that I didn't screw up once on...

Now, it's not really a bad thing for parts of a trial to be easy, but it's just, as it goes on, I feel it should get tougher, and this one never really did.
Spoiler : :
Was using the Autopsy Report three times really necessary? Also, about the last contradiction - if Prie went around showing the wedding band off to everybody, then wouldn't Jett have seen it before, and therefore know that it was silver? Seems like a really dumb mistake to make there...
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

I'm going to bet a 0% on mine, I just know it. I did my trial very last minute too... after all, I did have a lot of homework that day. Don't teachers understand I have a life?!
paradoxinparticles

Hold it! and Mii-sama, I'm really sorry but you'll have to wait a little longer. I got really really REALLY sick after dinner and I just can't do anything.
Spoiler : Hold it! :
I started playing yours and got most of the way through but I couldn't concentrate enough to make comments.
Meph, I'm SO sorry. I know you want to get the next competition started as soon as possible but I just... can't. Not right now.
call me Parrie

-Frank Herbert

I make boxart now
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

NO PROBLEM! Life comes first! Get well-rested and better before making your final decision, okay? We're in no hurry. :lol: