Turnabout of the New Generation

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: Turnabout of the New Generation

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Actually, I was thinking "f*ck allowing the person to speed read through it" and simply used timers that would add up to a certain value... Only 5 statements would add up to a certain value below the death value, so to speak... Looks like I should have used this approach...

Yeah, I know... I need to change that part after the competition is over.

@BP... I haven't played it... I've heard of the basic tenets of it, though.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

E.D.Revolution wrote:@BP... I haven't played it... I've heard of the basic tenets of it, though.
xD
Well, you definitely must at some point.
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

When I'm not overloading my laptop with AAO and college material...
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

BBblader wrote:
Phantom wrote:Aww BB, but that's a cliche story reason! :o

What is? I'm not proposing you do anything except increase the time limit. The jurors are still impatient with Polly for stalling the trial pointlessly, just not AS impatient.

Oh I wasn't referring to the time limit part, but before you said it.

That's still a pretty cliche reason to explain why it is timed as is dawg xD
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

I don't have any idea what you're talking about...isn't the primary reason the jurors are ready to end the trial "wow the defense is freaking stalling here screw this guys let's vote guilty"? That's the impression I'm getting from the pre-CE dialogue, it's not what I'm suggesting you do.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I was actually going to reply with a long post as to why I said what I say, but I have to actually wait, in short, I'm going to say that's what it appears to be outside the surface :p
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

Well, for me storyline=story, not crime. :) So I just threw it away and focused more on the characters... which was the entire point. Didn't it seem like Apollo and Klavier were finally beginning to be... human?

EDIT: Man, I'm so late in posting my post. :|
Zeel1™
Spoken languages: English

Post by Zeel1™ »

#2 - E.D. Revolution, Phantom and Vanixa's Hell Hath no Fury Like a Turnabout
This title barely even makes sense to me, but hey, who are we to let that get in the way of a pun?!

Spoiler : Report :
  • Quite an interesting prologue. The frames are going by kind of quickly though, atleast some of them. I'd put little pause tags at the end of them to make sure they stay on the screen long enough. I could read them, but I could see others missing them.
  • Seem to be continuing the theme of questioning Phoenix' motives...
  • Y'know, at one point, this really seems like it should've stopped being a prologue... if you know what I mean...
  • Liking the animated transition, well done.
  • Hm, I always did like the idea of Apollo vs. Edgeworth. Not sure why...
  • Seems a little odd to start talking so casually in-court, typically those kinds of conversations have to wait until they go back to the lobby, and typically the Judge would intervene when it goes on too long... don't really mind it too much, just something to note.
  • I like that you warn people of pressing the wrong statement right before making them press all statements. :P
  • IS THE WONDER BAR THE ONLY GODDAMNED PLACE TRUCY HAS SHOWS AT I SWEAR TO GOD
  • Having Trucy take the stand seemed kind of pointless. She basically just clarified that she had nothing to testify about... could've done that much from the defense's bench. :P
  • Polly's actually faced two prosecutors, but that's not the point. :P
  • Pretty damned sure I pressed all the statements you told me to press during that time limit rebuttal, but eh, who gives a Goddamn...
  • "(I'd be really ticked if the motive for murder happened to be something like losing a video game.)" Foreshadowing? Most likely...
  • So Edgey's big motive is some vague argument that he knows nothing about, and Polly's response is some random statement the defendant told him in private... which he should've known damned well wouldn't be admissable. Yep, one epic logic battle going on here. :awesome:
  • "You've got about 40 minutes, Mr. Justice." "You've got about 20 minutes, Mr. Justice." Am I to assume that we're supposed to put these together to make up the full hour of the recess? What a strange way of telling us that... :P
  • When speaking to Ema in the defendant lobby, she seems to refer to Jung in the present-tense a lot, as though he's still alive... probably shouldn't be.
  • A watch in an AA fangame... that isn't broken?!?! what is this i dont even
  • So I'm guessing what I have to prove is that Romanov was not impaired at the time of the call, as that certainly seems to be the case. I mean according to the first report, 0.005 wouldn't impair her at all. The obvious ways of proving that have seemed to be fruitless so far, though, and I'm not sure if you worded that walkthrough very well... really not a fan of these situations...
  • So I'm going to assume that cloth has the cloroform on it... cloroform cloth stuffed into the panties, really?
  • ...The second I got into court, I lost. What in the hell? I know it's supposed to be difficult, but really! :P
  • Used avancement to get past that point because yeah, that's always fun to do...
  • Sort of weird that everyone's shocked by Ema's second testimony... I mean was it not already made pretty clear that he has been fooling around with all three?
  • So, over what timespan did these six murders happen exactly? I mean that's a lot of remarrying... well, unless she's a polygamist...
  • Presenting the cloth on Statement 8... it's kind of obvious, isn't it? I mean this is the final testimony, from who I assume is the culprit, it should be a little tougher to figure out than that...
It's a pretty good trial. Honestly, not sure if it deserves top 3 status, though. Just didn't really wow me the way New Year's did. The killer becomes pretty obvious pretty quickly, the final CE was easier than it should have been, and really, the "killing-for-the-sake-of-killing" kind of villians rarely interest me much. I mean I get it, they're a serial killer, but I still feel they should have some sort of reason for becoming that. I really don't feel like anybody would just wake up one day and randomly decide that they'll be starting a string of serial murders, for funzies. In any case, it was good, but doesn't dethrone Ping' and Bad Player yet I'm afraid.

Bad Player and Ping'
E.D.Revolution, Vanixa, and Phantom
Blackrune
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Oh no... the behemoth Blackrune has created is next... *hides*
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I'm not criticizing the review... I'm criticizing what's lacking from it. Zeel, have you played any of my cases yet? I didn't create this trial to make an awesome crime. I made this trial for the sake of answering the prompt. It's more about the style and I'm VERY disappointed that wasn't even mentioned in the review. The style of the case... not the crime itself, but the themes of it. And I think you have failed to take into account on how much time I've spent on this... Though you could counter with "I should've spent more time on it..." I'm afraid that's not possible, due to RL.

Nothing else to note... If anyone else has anything to say, I'm open to it.
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

:shock: I think I'd be scared if I had to compete against you one more time. But it's not like he's saying it's BAD, right?

*says the girl who was being all mopey because her entry was also dust compared to all four behemoths*
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

You'd be scared if you faced against me, I would think...

When I make a theme more than obvious and it's not mentioned at all... that's very disappointing... I agree with him on the review, just noting what's lacking, and I'm afraid it's blatantly obvious what's lacking when I'm putting a pink elephant in the trial and you don't recognize it's a pink elephant... Same idea.
Ryu Ushiromiya
Spoken languages: American English, Español (Puerto Rico)

Post by Ryu Ushiromiya »

ED's gonna go Mortal Kombat on Zeel XD

FINISH HIM

...What? Just trying to add humor. XD
Last edited by Ryu Ushiromiya on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! CLICK HERE PLEASE?
Apologies if I do not reply in a timely manner. Sig by Tap!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Well, you can't have it all. I could criticize AA right now and it'd still be a hit. Come on, don't complain, you've got like 10+ pages on your entry compared to my measly 2. :nod: And then I'll increase those pages by playing it... some miraculous day when I keep promises...
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I didn't expect to win, but I had a ton of confidence in my case taking this competition due to themes. Oh well...

LOL Ryu... Do I inspire that much support when I rebut a review? :maya:

CUT: Damn it... Why the hell does Ryu and Mac have the same avatar?! :evil:
Last edited by E.D.Revolution on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.