The Never-Ending Turnabout

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: The Never-Ending Turnabout

Post by Bad Player »

deHughes wrote:Image

Competition over. I won.
He has pics, so that's that.

New thread plz
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

After the last two competitions, I really do wonder why I try competing when there are people like Dave and deHughes...
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
ZetaAzuel
Spoken languages: English

Post by ZetaAzuel »

Cause one day hey will slip up ... and then on that day... I WILL SEIZE THEM!
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Enthalpy wrote:After the last two competitions, I really do wonder why I try competing when there are people like Dave and deHughes...
Just start HUGHESing. You'll catch up eventually.

EDIT: Finished playing all the entries. However, it seems Blackrune and I need to do a bit of a... deliberation ^^'
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

The Never-Ending Turnabout... is about to end.

We decided to just cut to the chase instead of doing anything elaborate this time. If you're just here for the result, just skip to the spoiler tag below. Otherwise, I just wanted to thank everyone who participated. I never thought this theme would actually produce exactly the kind of trials I love to play. When I first came on this site, there weren't really any trials where you face off against criminals and solving complex crimes likes these. In addition, each submitted trial featured super-objections or similar features inspired by them. This knowledge alone just fills me with a feeling of happiness that's hard to describe. Well, somewhat. I'm supposed to be a cold person, after all.

Whether you won or lost, you can all be proud of yourself for producing such awesome trials. I've thoroughly enjoyed all of them, and they all managed to surprise me and one point or another. Aside from being generally a pleasure to play.

In fact, the two top candidates were so close we had to discuss the rankings for at least 2 hours. It was really just a matter of how much weight was given to each individual point that caused the difference. It caused us to be stuck, it caused us to consult Meph, asking him if it was alright to call it a tie. In the end, we were forced to manage to decide on one, and we did. (can't be a never-ending judging process, even though that'd certainly be formidable theme relevance.)

And thus, the winner of The Never-Ending Turnabout Competition has been decided.

Here it is:
Spoiler : Winner :
1st Place goes to DWaM's "Turnabout Tomorrow". Congratulations!

Rankings:
1st: Turnabout Tomorrow
2nd: Turnabout Revolution
3rd: The Platinum Turnabout
4th: Turnabout Spirits

Below is my stream of consciousness (mainly for entertainment purposes) for each, as well as some final thoughts. (those DO contain spoilers, so don't read on if you haven't played.)
Spoiler : Turnabout Tomorrow :
Well, you have already seen my stream of consciousness. I won't include it here again. The plot was simply intriguing from the start. The foreshadowing was well-done, with a lot of seemingly random remarks that made so much more sense later on.
The characters were great, everyone had a developed character and you could already feel the backstory they had with each other before anything was revealed. Custom-content and presentation were splendidly handled, and this is one, if not the first, case to ever pull the "player-culprit" trick in such a beautiful way. It was also complete, at least for everyone who didn't fall for the bad ending, which ultimately turned the tie breakerwe had to use in order to decide the winner.
What else can I say?
DWaM, you and your helpers have done well. For your first finished case, done in merely 3 months, this is remarkable. Congratulations.
Spoiler : The Platinum Turnabout :
Stream of consciousness:
-Aw man so many spoilers. Now I need to play all AA games first.
-D-Demons? What's this prologue trying to tell me, I wonder...
-Trucy is unaffected by light sources. It's magic.
-woa, this isn't seriously...
-Another hell of a turnabout incoming?
-hehe, dat reference was expected.
-Wait we're going to hell? But whyyyyy?
-Guess I'll just have to wait for explanations for now.
-Costumes. I sense shenanigans here.
-I really want to break that vase. It'd solve the whole case.
-Intriguingly intriguing stuff at this crime scene, as always.
-Whodunnit references: Check.
-Of course, the one thing that kept me from proceeding was a clock I had to examine.
-Well this is some crazy tweaking of the past
-Still loving the setting. Investigation wasn't too bad, on to the trial!
-woa woa woa, game modes?
-I'll go with normal
-Guess I'll go with rookie? I'm assuming the difference is only what I think it is.
-GHOST ATTORNEYS :(
-Just roll with it, Your Honor.
-All that build-up and now it's just Payne. Too fishy...
-Well that was some quick cornering
-Hooray, the case is over. YAAAY. 9000 frames barely make a case these days.
-Well that didn't last long.
-Aw man. They should'Ve jsut called it a day.
-Suddenly, Mia.
-Apollo can indeed be surprisingly demonic
-Trololodo, I hope your advice is somewhat more reliable than what your name promises...
-Finally I can point out the prints
-Phoenix never felt sorry for GUmshoe and that's why he'll go to hell. Seems legit.
-SUddenly Apollo's objection theme is all but nice.
-.......This is the weirdest crack pairing.
-Well it's late here, so for my own good I'll rely on Invisiclues a bit more willingly. NOTHING CAN SCARE ME NOW.
-Costume shenanigans. As expected.
-COMMENCE OPERATION CLOSING ARGUMENT
-I'm scared. That didn't last long
-Woa this is.... complex stuff.
-Okay now he's just stubborn about the drink. xP
-Time for part 3
-ROOKIE IT IS
-Wow this hobo is just here to make us feel bad about everything
-Maya has male blips while giving testimony. This explains everything.
-Matt Engarde right up ahead. Calling it.
-Called it. Still doomed.
-THis testimony.... just no. Don't do this to me.
-Pressing totally relevant statements is always the way to go.
-Thinking in pictures? I'll give it a shot I guess?
-I get the feeling it's about the weapons. Somehow.
-Gumshoe's pictures. Of course. Man, useful advice is actually useful.
-Page number!? I didn't think this through that far. Let's go with Larry's picture.
-That was ridiculously hard to see.
-Ok now Trololodo is just getting silly. Not that I ever took him seriously.
-And now the good old "what to press further" testimony. You evil man.
-Mercy makes this so much less frustrating. Inclusion of said feature is much appreciated.
-lol she got Hazama for TP
-Ultra-objections? What could thos possibly be?
-Sounds like supra, just done differently.
-Ohh.... I see why it's done this way. It's not like any statement is a lie by itself.
-Aaaand easily explained away. Again.
-Trololodo kind of actually has a point this time.
-Aaaand we'r eback to pretty much the same argument
-....except it's.... much larger. I give up, this is just...
-ASccusing Maya. Mia is the judge. This just can't end well.
-ROOKIE ALL THE WAY
-Maya, you're being obvious now. Just give up.
-HA! I knew the male blips indicated her guilt.
-those penalties aren't faiiir. Good thing I have mercy
-Aaand the killer helps us out just a little, by mocking us.
-Now THIS is a testimony
-STOP WITH THE TILDES, MIA
-S-Suicide? What madness is this?
-...or not. It's NEVER suicide. That wouldn't even go with the theme, after all.
-Woa woa what, that was actually Nick? Dahlia!?

--------------------------------------------------------

For the plot, I'll have to say that you certainly chose quite an intriguing setting. It's too bad we never find out what actually happened... well, at least not in the case's current state. I honestly can't say I'm not intrigued about what the next parts will be about. Anyway, while a little confusing at times, it's certainly a solid plot.
The characters.... well, there were no OCs. Technically, the alternate versions could be counted as OCs, I suppose. While by no means bad characterizations, I just didn't find anyone to give a lasting impression. Overall, characterization is solid. Trololodo's trolling was certainly entertaining.
In terms of presentation, I didn't really have any complaints. There wer eno horrible flaws, but also nothing that made me go "oh". Well, except for the ultra-objections. A really nice idea, though doing them in a 29-statements testimony.... Yeah, I found difficulty unreasonable at times.
Theme relevance existed, but was not as present as in the higher-placed entries. The whole alternate dimension thing seemed more in the focus than the somewhat stubborn culprit.
Spoiler : Turnabout Spirits :
-So we're at the point wher eother people create prequels to my cases. I honestly have no idea what a prequel to OhoaT could even be about. Judge bribery + 1
-Court of hell. And it's totally legit this time.
-We don't even know who we are. Interesting stuff. But here I was hyped for playing as Godot...
-...well you get 100 points for interesting setting. So our stubborn opponent can just change stuff at will.
-OHSNAP TRAUMA CENTER. COMMENCE OPERATION OF TESTIMONY
-So this guy will just change the crime at will? Hmmm we'll see how this goes. Creative stuff.
-Courts of hell are more fair than actual courts. Guess it makes sense, though it's probably just an excuse so I have to do the CE.
-oh you have to say there isn't a problem with both. And here I was hurting my head over nothing. xP
-oh here he comes throwing suicide at me.
-Stubbornly insisting on suicide. That's what I asked for, I guess...
-Peter Burg. Judge bribery + 1
-oh god not the super presents
-this is buggeddd
-welp, he exploded. Sort of. Good game.
-credits yaaa- Whaaaat
-Right, didn't quite seem stubborn enough for me.
-OLDBAG
-I'm out.
-Ugh... fine, let's do this.
-HE'S DISPLAYING TWO PIECES OF EVIDENCE AT THE SAME TIME!? I guess Godot is awesome enough to be able to do that.
-whaaat? I have to counter this? Uh... oh...
-Hazamaaaaaa
-I'm failing hard at these today
-I just wanna get past Oldbag. SOmehow.
-Man, this walkthrough is just wrong ;_;
-TIME TRAVELING
-I'll just go with htis, even f I have no lcue what's happening
-TRICKSTER
-lol and now it's Dlanor's theme song. I'll... stay here and listen to the music for a while, I guess
-Waiting for the timer to end? Well that's silly
-Those are a lot of options
-So we need an evil prosecutor-stand-in. ACCUSING HAZAMA
-Hey this is actually leading somewhere
-SO MUCH JUDGE BRIBERY
-...Yep, definitely on the wrong track
-Godot it is. Ooooh I see. Red light. Derp.
-Making endings for all of these would jsut be ridiculous, but go ahead.

------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, you probably knew this wouldn't compare to the other entries. But personally, I got my fair share of enjoyment out of this case. You seem to be really good with settings, enigma. Just the execution gave away a lot of potential. With a few tweaks and a few more "rounds" to the game, this may have turned into an entry that would have had a better shot.
Maybe I'm just saying that because I dig meta-battles and locked rooms. The music was also a pleasant surprise. Characters were who they were, you did a solid job with that.
The presentation wasn't the best. The bugs in this one were a little more noticable, so it started to get to a point where I could never be sure whether it's possible to proceed or I'm stuck with a glitch. It takes away from the experience, of course.
The choices for music pleased me. (dat bribe)
There was great potential for theme relevance, but that was more or less only the culprit resetting the scenario once. That'd have needed a little more expansion.

So yeah, it got last place, but I liked it.
Spoiler : Turnabout Revolution :
-Gimme the spoilers
-Of course you'd hope I enjoy.
-TV. Of course.
-Don't panic? This can only go horrible.
-"He's under heavy watch. Definitely no problems." Yeah, totally not.
-zomg so many presents.
-EVERYTHING HAS A PRESENT CONVO DON'T DO THIS TO ME
-And now the plot forbids me from examining things until I talk to Ema.Curse you, plot. I wanna digress.
-Just a fire, huh? No murders today?
-Okay it's totally Kristoph. SOMEHOW.
-Oh.... sup? I didn't mean that. We weren't talking about you at all.
-Oh man. Eccentric people everywhere.
-There's a suspicious amount of plants in this trial. Charley for killer. (of... someone.)
-Jukebox for longest timer ever
-His face is starting to look like a trollface, in fact.
-MAKE IT STOP
-Ugh....
-I'm both amazed and horrified you actually used THAT sound effect
-Now for the defendant. Can't possibly be worse
-I like him, too.
-this is intriguing stuff. Well maybe I just dig those mysterious organizations as always.
-S-Stalker
-Really? Love letters while in detention. Way to have good timing, man.
-Does the fact I looked for a hidden message in that letter make me paranoid?
-More interesting than I thought she'd be. You never disappoint
-Love poem to Klavier or Ema should totally have triggered a conversation.
-Who wouldn't hate the courts after being prosecuted by freaking Hazama?
-MARIA BROKE A VASE AGAIN?
-TWO?
-THREEEEEE?
-Oh it's just Ema.
-KRISTOPH ! WHERE'S MARIA WHEN YOU NEED HER TO DEAL WITH THIS?
-Can't stop here. This just got good.
-....wat
-Holy hell
-I... uh...
-I have no idea what the christ just happened, but I'm all for this.
-Ghost attorneys :(
-Oh right, I was wondering about the judge.
-y'know, what's the point of this? The guy's on death row anyway. Again. And now he gets two trials? Those people sure have time and money to waste. xP
-aaaand the evidence keeps coming. I had, like, nothing of this in DWaM case and now I have way too much. This is another form of hell.
-GUMSHOE WE REALLY HAVE ENOUGH EVIDENCE HERE
-lol theory tiem. Interactive recaps are fine by me
-Pointing out things on a map? THE KILLER ESCAPED USING THE FACT THAT- Oh wait, there is no 5F on this one... :(
-Present the door at the statement about the door. Can't quite put my finger on it, but something ain't right! ...See, it worked.
-jammed....door. JAMMED DOORS. EVERYWHERE.
-MORE EVIDENCE? YOU MONSTERS
-Fireproof cameras. Expected/10
-Kristoph smashing vases. Must be in the family after all. /shamelessselfreference
-Suddenly, Peppers. Now 250% more suspicious
-lol these co-council convos.
-DON'T DO THIS TO ME! WHAT COULD POSSIBLY DEMAND FURTHER INSPECTION?
-oic
-[insert bad Burns pun here]
-HE WANTED TO MEET THAT WOMAN. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE CASE AT HAND. YES. Phoenix still knows how this game is played.
-Oh god why are they actually doing this? ^^"
-NO. JUST... KEEP SUPER OBJECTIONS OUT OF TRIALS. It always makes me feel a strange combination of love and hate
-co-council is subtly hinting at 2 pieces of evidence. Let's assume that for now... hm... and it's most likely another connection. So yeah, JUSTICE.
-But i can't present it, so I looked it up. Now I'm sure I tried the right combination before, but oh well... you neve rknow whether to include profile or whatnot. Oh well, right idea, wrong way to present it.
-haha, Wright is just dodging the question of how all of this is supposed to be relevant now
-"Waaaaait a second." Well FINALLY we can get to that. >:D
-BLAME EVERYTHING ON ED SALEM. Fine by me. He killed him because we were too rude.
-ohai Kurtis Gavin-reference. I'm taking this as bribery, even though it's technically Lind's character xP
-lol, I'm sensing a trend here. Defendants are always explaining themselves during recess. (because it totally wouldn't have helped a bunch to just tell us right at the beginning of the trial)
-Figured this wouldn't go well
-Meh, screw this. We'll talk about that old trial with him instead. xP
-OH goddammit, that witness...
-lolHazama
-Yeah, causing his own store to burn down. Seems legit.
-and now it's Salim again. I'm not sure who's the killer here, but he sure as hell is sufficiently stubborn. (owait it's prolly neither)
-Super present are possible. I hate you.
-okay there obviously was no other way out.
-zomg second try. I ACTUALLY GOT A SUPER OBJECTION RIGHT IN THIS COMPETITION.
-most elaborate recap ever. Approved.
-Peppers + key. ToC all over again. Calling it now. xP
-IT WORKED. I... can't help but like this just because culprit + key is apparently a meme now, even though it was surprisingly simple after that super-recap. (well, for people who have played the trials in question anyway.)
-Oh here he is. Now be stubborn as hell please. *starts counter*
-Cutting right to the chase, eh? THis might be tough...
-This is definitely a tough one. LET'S DO THIS.
-I can honestly state that I'm more or less completely stumped, after some shaky attempts
-Fine, one tiny walkthrough peek. If this is even barely reasonable I'll be impressed.
-DARN IT ALMOST HAD IT WHY DID I LOOK INSTEAD OF TRYING SOME MORE. Oh well, 0 - 1 for Peppers
-ahaha "Keys, anyone?" Those are screwing him over now.
-on to Rita... (at this point it's obvious he's everyone.)
-Got it. Not that hard after a little starting help. ^^"
-Fair enough. Now on to Isaac. Hmmmm....
-lol I have no clue how I got this on the second try. Guess the ball's rolling.
-I'll call this testimony totally a tie, seeing how I got most of it right after a little starting help. ^^" Just had to get a hang of how the 'game' works~
-DON'T MAKE SUPER PRESENTS POSSIBLE IN EVERY TESTIMONY, YOU MONSTERS. I know I pretty much asked for it, but...
-Okay... think.... fitting room.... mirror... Kristoph... something like that.
-YES FIRST TRY. THE SUPER OBJECTIONS ARE ACTUALLY REASONABLE HERE. Okay, you are no monsters after all.
-Good question. How DID nobody bring this up before? I was actually wondering how that worked. xP
-oic, guess they could have easily refuted that one if brought up
-"oh by the way I have much more up my sleeve later on." ....why thank you .I'm all up for it. >_>
-SUPER OBJECTION ARE POSSIBLE AGAINNNNN
-Hmmk let's think about this.
-Definitely didn't have it beforehand
-I see how it is. Klavier's testimony. Small time gap. Somehow.... right?
-Holy hell I'm actually solving these. *confidence boost*
-AHAHAHAHAHAHA i knew he'd ask for location AND statement. Well I thought this through, no worries.
-Worries. It didn't quite work as intended. I can't be that far off though.... I mean the super objection worked out and all.
-Statement 9 is definitely the one. Pointing out only Peppers' location wasn't enough.
-....and I don't really see how the location of a piec eof evidence.... well maybe the gun... but.... iunno...
-THat leaves Kristoph only and "Both". And after testing "Both" I apparenlty get to point out the locations spearately instead of implying they were at the same location, which'd have been silly
-...fff
-.....YESSSS
-obviously everyone could have entered. I mean really, what do you want from me here?
-The cameras? pfff...
-WHO entered? I can't believe he's even asking THAT!
-Yes, object some more. Struggle all day. This Turnabout shall never end. (love the music btw)
-Well... this guy just legitimately intimidated me with his confidence.
-I'm staring at this choice, not sure what to choose. Relaly want to get it right for some reason.
-...darn it, he got me to doubt it that much. DARN IT. Good thing I saved. I'm really taking turns winning and losing some battles here. xP
-more choices. It never endssss.
-What are you talking about? Kristoph would NEVER attempt to murder his own brother. That's just outrageous!
-ALL CHOICES ARE WRONG. SOMEONE HELP ME.
-Wow, this really conveys the feel of slowly going out of options and forced to pick the pathetic ones.
-Waiiiiiiiiiiit a second. THIS IS ACTUALLY RIDICULOUSLY SIMPLE.
-...or not.
-Think...
-It's not the door. It's not Klavier's testimony.
-Why would someone drop a gun?
-...the gun itself? Nope.
-The mirror? OH YES.
-How did it fall? Well...uh... no clue.
-Gotta be the gun, right? I mean... only thing I can think of.
-Of course I'm wrong. Darn, hard to think at this point.
-This music is going to haunt me
-How
-did
-the
-mirror
-fall
-Tell me
-random guess
-OH YOU WANT ME TO PRESENT THE MAP!?
-ohhh I see. Legitimate wrong assumptions. Beautiful.
-missing gunshots. ahahahahaha- actually, I think I have a vague idea about how this actually works out. VERY vague. All coming back to that second bullet. Somehow.
-his own testimony? Maybe it's a trap...
-hmm... there's only one thing which oculd have somewhat covered a gunshot in here. The freaking... shout.
-Yeah, wow.
-MORE SUPER OBJECTIONS. This is just... amazingly unreasonable.
-Heh. Nice try, but I saw through that one right away again. At least you're keeping the massive quantity of super objecions fair here.
-That... wasn't what I was thinking of. Works as well though. (I like how I'm solving these with the WRONG solution but the right evidence now. xD)
-Waaaaaaaaaaaaat
-He filed it down. I mean that's how these cases work, right? :D
-ALL HELL BROKE LOSE- I mean, nice music.
-Oh come on now. It HAS to be complicated. Otherwise we wouldn't still be here arguing about it, which is the whole point.
-Everyone else has "really obvious" issue they'll get back to after this testimony. Well, great. Guess there's already a schedule for the next 3 hours.
-Super presents. Not surprised anymore.
-Because Kristoph x Apollo in the fitting room is OTP. (y'know, making them meet post-AJ is a pretty solid plan in my book.)
-It worked. You got nothing on me. I'm solving them all.
-It's the mirror. SOMEHOW.
-Here it comes. We asked for it and will probably receive another big blow.
-Oh god.
-Gah, all denied.
-BUT I COULD ACTUALLY EXPLAIN THIS... SORT OF.
-lol he's actually upset with Wright giving up now
-....legit testimony. NOW YOU'VE DONE IT. THIS'LL BE YOUR END.
-No super objections? You'd think this'd be the one where it'd be one. Well thanks for that.
-LOL THIS IS TOTALLY MISLEADING. Well I'll press the rest first, just to make sure.
-Alright, time to show him the real "hole" here.
-.....Fine, wrong statement. THIS ONE IS CHECKMATE!
-The music stopped. Hope I'm onto something.
-...I see how it is. Well, there ought to be the real way to solve this one here. Just gotta tweak things a little.
-Mirror indeed. (you have no idea for how long I wanted to present this as the reason for the bullet hole)
-DAFU-
-WAIIIIIIIIT, I know the solution to this one. Noticed it earlier. Clothes hanger. Of course.
-Not? Well then I'll just go with no evidence.
-Totally the grate. I mean it has to be used at some point, right?
-Apparently still too early for that approach.
-...CAMERAS
-So after all this convoluted planning he was caught on tape? That'd be kind of careless.
-Just the hole. Still fair enough.
-No super objections in thos one either. Thank you very much.
-Betting all my chips on the grate. SOMEHOW.
-....or I just give up after pressing everything. That works, too.
-waaaaaiiiiit wat
-Umm.... wat
-NO. Don't.... Do NOT bring any new absurd features into this.
-Oh it's just a supr-...........wow umm.... I... nice to meet you again, my nice demonic creation.
-Let's just try this out, I guess...
-Let's see. I'M GOING WITH EVERYTHING BEING PERFECTLY TRUE
-Hah... I just can't see it. Assuming everyhting is right, he should've still been in the room. I'm not sure how he hid away.
-I know everyhting is true. There's simply no arguing. Just what evidence? I'm going with the grate.
-But that can't be everything.
-Theory: He hid in the grate.
-Doesn't work, a person wouldn't have fit inside.
-Or is there anything else I'm not seeing?
-But if we stick to the room, nothing else strikes me as possibly applied for this trick. Presenting just the grate doesn't work...hrrmgrr..
-Okay, maybe it's something completely different. But the Mia hint suggests everything is true. Especially if the testimony was designed to screw you over.
-I suppose the fact it doesn't lead outside can be excused away.
-It's either another way to hide/escape the room, or I need to add to how the grate works out for him.
-.....well he's definitely n- waiiit. THis couldn't possibly be... nah... no way.
-HOLY HELL A DIFFERENT CONVO. (I was overthinking this >_>)
-He's still standingggggggggg
-THe keyyyyyyyyyyy
-Ok let's think about this one. 4 AM style!
-THe key had more to do with the arson case
-which had more to do with the whole Justice thing
-So that might be an approach.
-But it's silly
-Might be worth trying out a few times though.
-ain't really working out, hm...
-what's up with the arson thing anyway?
-nah, I'm overthinking this.
-I'm sorry, but it's 4 AM. I'll walkthrough this one. ^^"
-The map? Huh... okay.
-I could reaosn about this before I present it...
-Ohhh well, that was simpler than I thought.
-It's finally- OH WHAT
-GIVE
-UP
-This case is breaking me.
-WHERE IS HE PULLING THOSE ARGUMENTS FROM
-Bombs. I just... whatevs.
-Well this is another quite interesting development

------------------------------------------------------------

Let's start with characters for this one. Apollo, Phoenix, etc. were all handled in a very good way. This is TOTALLY how Apollo would react to Kristoph running around again. They really seemed in-character... at least their action all just made sense to me. The OCs all had their own theme going, and were fairly developed by the end. There's a lot of interaction between them, so while not all of them have such a developed backstory like what we have in DWaM's entry, just seeing characters add in relationships to one another... those dynamics aren't always present in fancases for some reason unless you're Zeel. Or maybe that's just me.
Now, to tie this into the plot.... the investigation is REALLY clever here. It's not just there to flesh out the characters, this time it has this additional effect to make us care. We WERE Apollo, we walked into that mess and got killed by some unknown person. It makes the player much more involved and determined to set things straight. At least it did that for me.
The problem was that not everything was cleared up by the end of it. Sadly we're left hanging with some lose plot threads because of incompleteness. This kind of ties into what ultimately costed you the victory. Said entry had a beautifully concluded system.
Presentation was splendid. We had fancy fades, synched music, epic music, and glorious ghost attorneys.
Did I mention the epic music? That said, the game mechanics never went into unfair territory... well, that's debatable, but they made sense to me.
Theme relevance... oh boy. Where do I begin with this? This is more or less what I ideally wanted to see in terms of culprit confrontation. Not only does this guy pull one ace after another, even when he doesn't have one he tries to intimidate you into taking back what you just said. And it worked. (on me, at least.) That's just glorious. My favorite confrontation out of all the entries, and a huge factor in what made it most difficult to decide between this and DWaM's entry.
Ping' - I'm scared of you.
Gumpei - I'm proud of you
Ferdielance - ....WHat did you do again? I didn't think that far.
Last edited by Blackrune on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: The Never-Ending Turnabout (It ended. We have a winner!)

Post by kwando1313 »

Wow! Congrats to the winner who I will not spoil! That was certainly a tight competition (as predicted.)

Also, I would love to read your thoughts of TRev, but I can't for spoilers. :(

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

congrats to the winner, I absolutely loved that trial. (That's not to say I didn't enjoy the others as well but I just have my preferences)

well done to all participants. I hope that the next one has as many fun trials to play :D
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Yup, gratz to the winner, and a huge thank-you to everyone who entered. Every case was enjoyable, and well-done for the most part. You all should be extremely proud of yourself for making the trials you did. As much as I loved hosting a competition with so many insane entries, at the same time I'm also kind of sad, Gunping, DWaM, and Enthalpy, that you all entered, since you all made an entry that's deserving of winning a comp. As Blackrune said, picking the final winner was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally tough, and took us over 2 hours. You all should also be extremely proud of making cases as big as you did in a mere three months. A few competitions ago, NYT was considered a monster, and it's 4.5k frames. Now we had three entries with over twice that amount. Blackrune and I shocked everyone last comp by making an 8k-frame trial, and we just got shown up. Thrice.

Guys, don't stop being awesome. Please.

Anyway, stream-of-consciousness comments:
Spoiler : Turnabout Tomorrow :
I have been notified in advance that there is no NAKEY TIEM in this trial. I’m afraid that will cost you.

Nice intro, fit with the music pretty well, and dem custom graphics.
(Also the gun sfx sounds like the one from the TP intro…)

“It WAS a bad idea. Now it’s just too late.” xP

“Your attention to detail is so small a criminal could simply crawl between your legs.” LOCKED ROOM MYSTERY SOLVED

Typo: “Though choice”
Typo: “litely”
Typo: “weather” (instead of “whether”)
These are starting to pile up… >_>

Lol, Moriarty.

Hmm…. I wonder why you’re using one of Nick’s court sprites for a profile, rather than the one he had in T&T…

THE PERSON WHO WAS ARRESTED FOR MURDER IS NAMED CHRISTINE YALT?! PLOT TWIST!1!1!!ONE!!

I like how you were able to take Trucy, one of happiest characters in the series, and use her sprites to make a character with a completely different personality. And dat profile pic.

OH MY GOD THERE’S A THUNDERSTORM IN THE COURTHOUSE

“Miles Edgeworth Asylum, named after its first patient”~
(Also, you missed a bribery opportunity by not making it Clooney Prison Asylum xP)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEvil

A serial killer from the past in an AA case? Welp, we know HE’S innocent.

Dem sunglasses

Oooooooh, Cross. Kinky.

OH MY GOD THERE’S A THUNDERSTORM AT THE JUDGE’S BENCH
(inb4 it strikes him with lightning right when he’s about to declare a not guilty verdict)

So the special circumstances of the trial are… that it’s a completely ordinary trial. Okay then…

When the courthouse is talking about Groud in Eileen’s opening statement, it becomes a ghost court

So I wonder how Christine (supposedly) got the gun…

No mention in the autopsy report of the defenestration? ^^’

Oh. It’s her gun. …Lovely.

R-Random flashback…

Udgey told Masterson to continue this testimony twice…

Evidence can’t be added to the CR multiple times. Nice.

*checks Visitor list* WTF, THE MURDERER IS NICK!?!?!?!?!?

I like how you clearly started running out of ideas for names by the end of the visitor’s list xD

Dat secret code in the text message. I wonder where E got a cell phone…

BUT ARE THE BROKEN WINDOW SHARDS IN THE OFFICE OR THE ALLEY!?!

“Tedious”, not “Tideous” (in Masterson’s 2nd CE)

Playing card with a hole in it? Well, this is certainly an interesting…. “object”

Also, random cutscene

Did he mean to say that they *weren’t* supposed to know about the card?

This is so ToC-esque, lol. (For good reason, too, considering Nick is the murderer)

When the killer thinks that Eileen makes a wrong choice of words, I can still see the prosecution bench and the top of the prosecution bench background

“kow” instead of “how”

This killer is so talkative lol

Victor Eisenhower isn’t on the visitor’s list…. Hmm…

How come presenting the shattered window to Victor saying the only strange noise he heard was the gunshot doesn’t work? :x

Here’s a theory: Richard and Nick enter the office, Nick shoots+kills Richard, Nick leaves the room. Vic then starts monitoring the room, sees Christine enter, follows after her and discovers the crime scene. Christine picked up the gun cuz she was stupid (you walk into a room with a gun and a broken window like that… pretty crazy). I just need an explanation for the gunshot that was heard, though.

Whenever they say “Dawns”, I keep thinking they say “Dwam”. Meaning, Eileen’s name is now Eileen Dwam, and she is Gloss Dwam’s sister or something.

So how did Vic see Christine enter the office from a different floor? :o

You can point out the fact that Vic didn’t hear the window break twice :x

Part 2~

“You know everything about me, and I know nothing about you.”
But we know nothing about you .__.

E killed Cross’ Dad? :o

Nick is gonna testify? Time to face down the killer, then.

Christine says “quite” instead of “quiet”

“Bastard”? That came from nowhere…

Also Nick met with 3 men? What…?!

…I like the workaround you used to not having front-facing sprites for Eileen xP

“Oh, right, I’m still here. I was too busy doing my inner monologue and forgot.”

Lol, record-scratch

Post-Nick’s 1st testimony reminds me of Naota’s testimony in TDG xP

Wait, I gotta present evidence to show Nick is the killer? But where’s the key in the CR?!?!?! D:

In that diagram of Eisenhower seeing Christine on the 10th floor and Nick seeing her on the 9th, it’d be nice if you could change the diagram a bit to make it clearer who is who. (Like, a “C”, “P”, and “V”, maybe)

So Masterson is the killer…? .__. AND HA, I TOTALLY KNEW NICK WAS THE KILLER, AND HE WAS IMPERSONATING MASTERSON

Clearly, the reason Cross isn’t chess material is because HE NEVER FLIPS THE CHESSBOARD

Lol. I presented the Autopsy Report b/c I thought the problem was that Christine wouldn’t have been able to just dump E’s body out the window if he was still alive (he would’ve fought back), and then that also lead me to pick “None of the Above”

Saying the wrong person was the “third person” brings you to Cross saying that the time of death is missing from the autopsy report xD

“There is a simple way to get into the building without getting on the list! (Even though you’re on the list.)”

This would be so easy if it listed August Dupin as having left the building. …Although it seems my theory was the solution in the end, somehow xP

“Sistematically” instead of “systematically”

“wrose” instead of “worse”

Also, I’m pretty sure every time you’ve used “effect” you meant to use “affect” xP

I wonder how Cross’ cold is going to factor into the story in the end…

Lol, my random guess for Vic was right xD

Mikagami~

I tried presenting the Window and the Autopsy Report, and then had to look at the answer… ~_~ Also when you fail the present, you go back a biiiit too far

Like that was going to be the end xP Silly Cross.

Obviously… I CAN’T ANSWER IT!! MWAHAHAAHA

Okay, uhm. I said I can’t answer it, then got into an infinite loop with no life, but by clicking the advance button quickly enough Masterson was suddenly asking me how Christine knew when to shoot the card.

A conversation between “to” parties xP

This music is… totally familiar….

I think it’s “make-believe”, not “make-belief”

Randommmmmmmmmmm voicesssssssssssssssss

Y’know, I was thinking about transitioning directly into a CE without stating the testimony first… Glad to see it works xP

You should probably give an (optional) explanation of super-objections, just for newbies xP

Oh wait, this is what he just said xP

When you press the gunshot being “AFTER”, Cross says “though” instead of “tough” xP

Of all the times that confidently saying I can’t hasn’t worked… I can’t explain why the ballistics match Christine’s gun… because they don’t! It’s never been stated; the autopsy report simply states that the bullet inside him matches the bullet hole in his chest!

Man, that penalty from pressing the last statement is really small xP

Welp, presenting the autopsy report about the ballistic markings worked xP

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I can present it multiple times.

I hear Nick’s “Objection!” twice when doing super-presents… (Or wrong ones, at least xP)

Oooooooh, using the card to guide the mark… I really like it xP (I actually had an idea that was the same general idea, but in a completely different scenario with different items and whatnot.) You’d think Christine realized she didn’t kill the guy from the fact that he wasn’t shot in the top of the head, though

Wait, so…. Why couldn’t Christine’s accomplice have just shouted for Christine to shoot? (Heck, the accomplice didn’t even need to shout “Shoot him, Christine!”. They could’ve come up with some sort of phrase that would signify the time to shoot.) Oh well, got it on my first try xP

Cross, isn’t it obvious that E tried to kill Masterson with Christine, but failed because Masterson killed E first?!

Lol, such a tiny penalty for… what could be the final present? :o

And got the motive on the first try ;D

“That name…! Moriarty…! It can’t be THAT Moriarty… The one who is the archnemesis of Sherlock Holmes?!?!?!?”

“less that normal” (instead of than)

Did you mean for Groud to say “wander” instead of “wonder”?

trick*ed*

So… what exactly did Groud mean about the girl with the crimson eyes and everything…?
…and who is the Deceiving King?

“criminal on loose” (forgot “the” xP)

So if it wasn’t E that tried to get Christine to kill Groud… then who in the world was it?!

…….O SHI—

*realizes who it was*

O SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

You say “you mind” instead of “your mind”

Gotta hand it to you, DWaM. I thought Groud was E until right before the reveal. Despite knowing the serial killer had to be innocent. Despite what Groud said as he died. Well-played.

Also, his motive was to make Matterson great? I great tie-in to De Killer’s sprites…

“spolier” instead of “spoiler”

I kind of want Cross to get away with it all…

………..No, it’s not that…

I don’t want him to get away with it… but I want US to be the one to nail him!

PROTAGONIST CHANGE, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! (…please?)

I’ll be honest… For most of it, I thought it was really well-put-together and was good, but just didn’t have that extra bit of “magic”, but with this… Jeeeeez. Not only that, but it’s the first huge, serious, completed trial that pulled off the protagonist-is-the-murderer thing. (Although he’s the “villain,” not the “murderer” xP)

C’mon, Masterson. Pleeeeeease tell me you were recording this whole thing…!

It should be “we’re left with nobody” (you forgot “with”)

“I makes sense” (should be “It” instead of “I”)

So everythin… So Christine going “He didn’t abandon me. He’s… brilliant” makes sense, as does “You know everything about me, and I know nothing about you.” So I guess the rest of that was… sorta acting, sorta just making sure not to say anything incriminating while other people were around.

“Sistematically” again

In my headcanon, Cross has been wearing black contacts his entire life just for the perfect villaneous reveal

The tape recorder didn’t work D:

I checked the invisiclues. So this end is a special reward for paying attention? Nice <3

Finally got mah attorney’s badge!

Lol… He WAS Moriarty xD

That’s a… sad end for Eileen… :(
(She totally lives in my headcanon)

Okay, Cross is gonna die, but… what was Masterson going to tell Cross, that Cross mentioned at the very end?

So then… closing comments and whatnot…

An amazing trial. A must-play. Great music. The characters are deep, and have a history that is only hinted at at first, but eventually all comes flowing out, and… Dawns and Victor both had good sprites. I feel like Nick was sort of a “throwaway” character—he could’ve been anyone else, but it was nice having such an important canon character in. I don’t feel like there was a super-important reason for Yalts to be Trucy, but it worked. Nick is always a solid sprite choice for an attorney, plus the reveal was a good edit. And using DK’s sprites for Masterson worked great with Cross’ motive. The custom graphics were also all well-done (as always, with you xP). There were a few typos and bugs, but every trial is going to have some typos and none of the bugs were game-breaking.

As I said before, I didn’t think it had that “magic”… But everything was just setup for one of the greatest twists and reveals I’ve ever done. This is the first entry I’ve played, so I obviously can’t rank it, but whether you end up winning or not, you made an amazing trial and should be extremely proud of yourself.

Post-Edit: Just got the…. “bad” ending, I suppose. Quite interesting...

Post-Post-Edit: Oh, forgot to mention this earlier! You also did everything with very few pieces of evidence, which is pretty difficult to pull off.
Spoiler : Turnabout Spirits :
A prequel to OHoaT? And another entry is a sequel to TSub… Interesting…

I wonder how this is going to be, considering OHoaT is just a giant joke xD

A blackscreen intro, but an interesting one with good music. The timers could use a bit of fine-tuning, and it’d be nice if there was a bigger break between the intro and the start.

So we’re…. the prosecution? Interesting. We’re not Godot, but we ARE dead, and the last thing we remember is Godot…

T…The Bellboy?! xD

So… When we come up with a theory, he’s going to change reality to contradict it? I sorta had a similar idea, but I wasn’t sure how it could actually be done… This is a neat way to do it, and I’m interested in how it’ll work out.

So we still get to do cross-examinations

Is that a custom Godot “Hold it!”? :o Whose voice is it?

Special favors…? …Kinky.

He needed new underwear a lot? …Kinky.

10-11:30? Late dinner xP

Hmm… The image for the victim’s dinner isn’t working…

The dinner can be added to the CR multiple times… :(

Wait, so… could the defendant control the thermostat without going to the attic, or did he have to actually go to the attic?

The picture of the key isn’t working either

You are missing quite a few apostrophes…

No music in the second cross-examination ^^’

That was… an unfair penalty (with the Glase Canon thing)

Wait, hm… Did he freeze the knife in ice or something?

Lol, got the super-present on my first try xD

Hmm….. Can’t get past the testimony with multiple super-presents… It seems the scripting for the part about drugging the victim doesn’t work. Avancement!

…..Except now I don’t have evidence >.<

The last frame of the fakecredits is way too long/slow xP

The victim was trying to escape from the window. The defendant, the prison guard, was trying to stop him; the power went out, causing the window bar to fall onto the victim, killing him. NEXT.

Dat Hazama.

It seems like Oldbag’s second testimony is impossible to beat… Had to use advancement

Ooooh, 999 music

Lol, this reminds me of THAT testimony from 999 xP

Japanese lyrics xD

Selecting “Everyone’s positions” leads to just “The end”

The dinner and key image suddenly work now. Oh well.

You’re missing a few “TAKE THAT!”s…

Welp, finished. Well, this was certainly an… interesting case. The dual crimes thing was pretty neat. However, there are quite a few typos and bugs that detract from the overall experience; it could just use a bit of polishing up in general. I think you could also expand upon the whole alternate realities or whatever it is, and also the purpose of the whole thing with Mia. Also that’s… a whole lot of possible endings .__.

To be honest I think it’s kind of rough, but with a bit of polishing I think it could be a really neat, unique trial. Good luck getting all those endings done!
Spoiler : The Platinum Turnabout :
”You get invisiclues… unless you’re bad player”
Challenge accepted.
(Now it’s just a matter of how long until I fail said challenge xP)

Hmm… An interesting intro, but… I feel like it could’ve been fitted to the music a bit better.

I thought Trucy was 16….. ZERO OUT OF TEN.

…wut.

“I’ve pulled better pranks on Apollo without this much effort.” xDDDD
(ofc, Vera and Brushel appeared in OHoaT, meaning it happened a bit after 4-4…. ZERO OUT OF TEN.)

So Nick is going to hell no matter what? ;_;
…Tch. But this is Phoenix Wright we’re talking about! No matter the situation, no matter how desperate, no matter how grim… he will come back from the ashes to victory!

Larry xD

“Dream-me” instead of “Dream!me”? ZERO OUT OF TEN

You auto-win this competition if the victim’s name is Ruth.

This is………… I’ve definitely seen this background before, but I don’t think it’s ever been used.

Prankster and actor… So the M-man is… Matt? And the R-man is… …Richard Wellington? (the only ‘prank’ I can think of is TP…. xP)

M-man was the Nickel Samurai… Yup, that confirms it xP

Unimportant crack in the blinds that doesn’t matter? DULY NOTED.

This is a… rockin’ kitchen xP

*checks floor map* Pffft, sleeping’s overrated
(just like going to the bathroom in the TPverse)

So Maya was the Pink Princess…

Okay, the Nick of this timeline does deserve to go to hell. But how come *our* Nick has to go? ;_;

Obviously, Gumshoe’s fingerprints are covering *the most crucial part* of the room

C’mon, just confirm Edgey as the prosecutor. I’m wondering who the victim is, though…

C’mon, Creature, stop being such a downer.

The parts don’t automatically link to each other. ZERO OUT OF TEN.

So… Exactly what does Mercy Mode do? Does it just auto-resurrect you if you die? (Which really just saves time, it doesn’t make it easier xP)

Ghost Court… ZERO OU—actually considering the setting, I guess it’s apt

“Judge Chambers”. Aw, you’re trying to bribe me… ZERO OUT OF TEN.

A serious Payne case?!?!!? (….unless payne is going to get swapped out for Edgey or Hazama xP)

Ah. Lemme guess. Payne is going to get 5 penalties, get kicked out, and then we get the REAL prosecutor?

Backwards speed lines? ZERO OUT OF TEN.

Selecting “Outdo Canon” doesn’t lead to a crazy outdoing-Canon stupid theory? ZERO OUT OF TEN.

LolNick, you’re so genre-savvy xP

Oooooooooooooooooh, Polly. Nice xP
(Could this end up being a sneak preview of GS5…?)

And lol, actual legal stuff xP

Miaaaaaa :o
(Also nice sprite edits for her)

Polly has a LOT of 4-liners…

TRUCY?!

This whole thing is over the forged ace in 4-1? Man, they’re strict.
(Also, go check out Neni’s thread in the AJ subforum of CR)

So… when do I get to point out that Larry’s fingerprints shouldn’t have been on anything? :<

Welp, Seymour is the perfect name for Larry’s brother xP (Also, I expected it to be Kristoph, tbh)

Also, it would be nice if Creature had a profile…

Lol, Trololodo jumps from telling us to just end the CE b/c there’s no contradiction to telling us that the contradiction is obvious pretty quickly xP

Yay, fingerprint contradiction~

I expected Polly to counter with this argument xP

Lisa Basil lolwut

It says “fi” in Lisa’s profile. ZERO OUT OF TEN.

So Nick is dead. No wonder everyone thinks we’re not him ^^”

This is just… one mite more? That’s… ^^”
(And isn’t it still just juice?)

So my prediction is… we find some angle to work the case, everything gets crazy, in the end we realize/find out that it was all wrong and Larry really is guilty, so then it becomes a question of whether we forge evidence for the Not Guilty (like Creature said we would) or just take the Guilty. We’ll see, though xP

Sending Nick to hell for the whole Lisa-is-a-robot gimmick. Okaaaaay then…

Well, Edgey had to show up at some point xP

The guy named Hades has moral standards…… ^^’

It’d be nice if we had a “Never-mind” option for presses to avoid penalties if we don’t know which to choose :<

How come Trololodo is able to insult Ini Miney without getting sent to hell? D:

I thought Mikagami was the goddess of law… ZERO OUT OF TEN.

I presented the Steel Samurai costume to try to point out it was the Steel Samurai, not Larry, that should’ve been handing out drinks :<

…I didn’t realize Edgey knowing Larry was in the suit was an issue. I interpreted it as Edgey saying what he happened given his current knowledge (since we are pretty sure it was Larry in the suit), not that he necessarily knew it was Larry in the suit at the time he witnessed it

Hold on there, Trololodo! Edgey forged evidence until it was reconned away in 1-5!

…The contradiction I wanted to do was how Ron could’ve known exactly what Edgey testified xP

Also if people were mostly standing still, couldn’t Ron have easily seen/identified Edgey by him being the only person moving? :<

Hey, it’s not Nick’s fault they decided to group all the DeMasque crimes in one trial instead of doing them individually :<

He could also access the game room from the backyard! ZERO OUT OF TEN.

So the issue of why the cup was labeled is just… gone?

Nope, it’s the issue again xP

Wait… It says that there were *two* people passing out drinks, and *two* people got azirogen… So why couldn’t there have been *two* spiked drinks?
(It would mean that Trucy was Larry’s, and Larry was Maya’s, and I’m not sure why Maya would give Larry the spiked drink, but………)

Okay, I know I can disprove it… But there’s just so much evidence it’s hard to keep track of what’s in what, plus I think Edgey said Trucy only got one drink…

…Actually, it says “the victim’s drink”, not “a drink”. ZERO OUT OF TEN.

…Hm? This is Maya’s first time testifying?

Okay, glad that I understand exactly what happened with passing out drinks…

…I don’t like this contradiction :< Why couldn’t the sticker have been in a drawer, or just randomly on Larry’s person?

Maya wasn’t useless! *presents DL-6 bullet*
(It wouldn’t have just fallen on the floor. Manfred would’ve taken it.)

I don’t like these contradictions because I keep on thinking of Polly’s arguments before he presents them xP

Darn it, Matt. We just wanted the logo! Why did you give us all of… this?!

I just remembered the intro to the case. Hm… Does it apply to “real life”, or to this AU? If it applies to the AU, I’m not really sure exactly who it is… I feel like none of the hosts are supposed to be super-geniuses xP Matt and Larry would fit best, I think. If it applies to real life then… I have absolutely no ideas.

Engarde has a crush on Maya… and also got a guy to kidnap her.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Where were the weapons kept? (If in the kitchen, Maya should’ve mentioned them…)

Okay, so the clock was broken before the party. Everything happened around midnight, which is also when the clock stopped. So I’m pretty sure some event that some witness thought happened near midnight actually didn’t, and they thought it happened near midnight because they looked at the clock. So now it’s a question of which event it was, exactly… xP

…I couldn’t see/didn’t notice the Samurai Spear in the background of the photo ^^” ZERO OUT OF TEN

For once, I agree with Trololodo. Matt was pretty obviously guilty, Nick Dx

Man. I’m kind of dreading Trololodo blaming Nick for Polly. Now THAT one is going to be harsh.

A bit smaller than others…? Huh…?

The hairflip is super-important! It shows he went into his evil persona, PROVING THAT BREAKING THE CLOCK WAS ALL A PART OF HIS EVIL PLAN TO KILL TRUCY AND FRAME LARRY!!!!!

…Wait. So we don’t get any clarification on if Matt was actually handling the Samurai Spear or if he just made some silly mistake?

Trucy may not be a legal expert, but she still did most of Polly’s defending for him, Trololodo xP (and then Klavier did the rest)
Also, I guess every single one of the Kitaki’s acquaintances are also going to hell for not warning them that Wocky might run away or something?

dat TP reference xD

So… what exactly is the difference between an ultra-objection and a supra-objection? (Besides the system used; it’s still multiple evidence at multiple statements)

Whooooo, got the ultra-objection on my first try without hints. (Well, Trololodo’s new co-countil convo was pretty helpful xP)

Aaaaaaaaaaaand yup. Almost dismissed the contradiction again by anticipating Polly’s counter-argument xP

Closing argument again, eh?

Pressing the statement that mentions Lisa has a “TAKE THAT!” bubble instead of “HOLD IT!”. ZERO OUT OF TEN.

Yo Polly, you can’t claim that Larry couldn’t have gotten a drink outside AND that he took the azirogen outside! (…I wonder if that’s the contradiction? :o )

When you press the thing about Polly proving there wasn’t another drugged drink, it says “Pres”. ZERO OUT OF TEN.

29 statements. Yes, I mad :(
(…until I get TBT out, that is xP)

Murrr. I thought it was that Maya wouldn’t have seen Larry’s banishment… I wasn’t sure at all which evidence to present for that, though, and if there was another contradiction or something in there xP

Also, the Fight Report doesn’t say Maya went up with Lisa. (It says that someone (Maya) looked at the injuries right after Lisa got them; I feel like Maya could’ve reasonable stayed downstairs for a minute or two, see Larry leave, and then go up to see Lisa and it’d still count as “immediate”. (Adrian testified that Lisa and Maya went up at the same time, but the point is that the Fight Report doesn’t say it ^^’))

Didn’t Maya know about Larry getting sent outside? THIS MUST BE IMPORTANT!!! (It’s not like she could’ve just heard about it afterwards)

Dat Shakespeare reference xP
(Maya is the killer! She knows about Shakespeare, so she must be an evil genius in disguise!)

Yup. The explanations for the contradictions are so easy and predictable xP

No ultra-objection, huzzah.

I feel like there IS some innocent explanation for Maya knowing about the poison… We found hychlabe in the kitchen, we also figured out it was the poison during the investigation… Oh well. It’s time to expose Maya for the spirit medium she is!

Clearly, Maya killed Trucy for taking her role as assistant, and being more useful in one game than Maya was in three!

“Tell us how you knew about the poison.”
“Okay. I have no motive!”
“…”
“…”
“…”

Wocky should’ve said that he thought the name had something to do with the letter ‘C’ instead of ‘S’ waaaaay back in part 1. True-C, y’know? :P ZERO OUT OF TEN

Wait… Maya was in love with Larry! When she found out Larry was interested in Trucy, she killed Trucy! It also explains why Maya said Larry didn’t deserve this and hasn’t said anything really bad about him when everyone else seems to hate him.

Okay, so it’s the Fight Report about the e-mail rather than the e-mail itself… wait. ……..Oh. I… guess that could be it…? (Seem s like kind of a weak reason to come up with this super-convoluted murder plot…) ZERO OUT OF TEN.

She tried to help Larry up… Could she have taken the hychlabe at that moment? (I can’t think of anything else that’d work… My next guess would be fingerprints, but that seems a bit too far-fetched…)

Bringing up old issues worked out before… Nope, bringing up the unlocked door (as gummy’s affidavit) against the last statement doesn’t work ^^’

And trying to use an ultra-objection to show that Maya got the hychlabe when she helped Larry up didn’t work…

Also I don’t even remember what Wocky testified about xD

Well, randomly throwing out evidence on the last statement worked. I’m not sure how Maya being the killer makes it more likely that she’d miss the logo, though… Well, let’s try that ultra-objection.

Suspicion on Matt for bringing it in… Hmm…

So Maya could’ve gotten the hychlabe when she helped Larry up after the fight…
…or from Larry’s room after the fight ^^”

Ron could’ve gone in and stolen some… (All that’s left is for her to blame Wocky xP)

I see Polly is starting to come to our side xP Anyway, it’s been mentioned several times that Lisa had injuries on her back, right? Doesn’t that explain why she didn’t see?

Yes, I CAN differentiate! The derivative of x^n is nx^(n-1)! Take that, Maya!

Ultra-objection on the second try… Did the Fight Report first instead of the Hychlabe ^^” (Wasn’t giving up the injuries-were-on-the-back thing easily…!) …Although I thought the coolers were the thing in the top-center of the second floor, not in storage ^^”

That paper that Polly wanted that he sent for… Is it going to prove that Maya is the killer… or Larry…?
(After all, no contradicting evidence “at this stage”)

Maybe… It was a cup that somehow had Larry’s prints on it, then Maya used the label to mark it as that special cup, so she’d know which cup to poison?

CHECK THE ALCOHOL STAIN ON THE BOW. CHECK IF IT HAS THE DRUGS. CHECK IT. CHECK IT. CHECK ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

And theme-relevance saves the day once again!!

In the King of Lawyers testimony, the first frame of the second press convo should’ve been “So you admit it!!1!11!!one!!” ZERO OUT OF TEN.

Interesting how Maya said she let Larry in, rather than she just forgot to lock the door and Larry happened to enter…

I wonder… Could it be…?
“Hey Larry, I have an idea for a prank to play on Trucy… I put an extra kick in this drink with the Steel Samurai sticker on it. Why don’t you ‘just so happen’ to make it so that she’s the one who gets the cup of judgment tonight?” Would also explain why Larry is confessing to the crime…

Well… that was a random suicide theory…….. So what did the sticker have to do with anything again?

See? I knew we should test the stain on the bow~

…………..ofc, it was too good to be true >_<

I’m also glad this didn’t end up being a suicide xP ZERO OUT OF TEN

Heh… So my theory before about Maya getting Larry to do it was right, it’s just that she did it secretly xP

I’m not sure how accusing AU!Maya proves Nick would accuse real!Maya… ZERO OUT OF TEN

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT “No, Larry, you can’t kill Trucy with that hychlabe! You can’t just *kill* her. Why don’t you just give that pill to me?”

No “Take that!” when you ask Dahlia to channel Trucy. ZERO OUT OF TEN

T…TWO MORE PARTS?!

Welp, concluding comments. Well-written and technically sound, as expected. A crazy case that seems completely hopeless, where it takes over ten cross-examinations before you stop pointing out minor, easily-explainable contradictions without any actual idea of what really happened. It’s kind of annoying having to plow through it without feeling like you’re making any progress, but I’m pretty sure you intended for it to be hopeless, plus dem crazy confrontations. But… is this case really relevant to the theme? I have no idea who the killer is, so I can’t tell if they were delaying the trial or not! Of course, you could interpret Nick as being the villain in this case (with all the bad stuff he did), and he’s doing everything he can to keep this trial going. I didn’t like most of Trololodo’s arguments for why Nick is bad, but it’s still interesting how you could make so many arguments for the protagonist of the franchise one of whose main traits is being a goody two-shoes.

A crazy, insanely long (already crazy and only 2/3s through!) case with a completely new, radical interpretation on the events of the franchise. I give it a zero out of ten… 2-4s.
(Which, if you don’t know, is my most-hated case in the franchise xP)
........Gunpei asked me not to post my thoughts until they release Phase 3, so...
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

@BP and Rune: I expect that you guys will collab for the winner's next case comp. Even if you guys say you aren't.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BURRRRRRR SPOILERZZZZ FOR PHASE THREEEEEEEEE NOBODY READ IIIIIIIIIT (unless you're one of the three people who have played)

...I guess since Burr posted his you can post yours, Oracle... ^^ (On another note, Phase 3 will be out sooooooon)

Anyway, it's not like I can pretend to not know who the winner is. XP Congrats, DWAM! You'd think I would be totally broken now (I read this directly after learning my wisdom teeth would have to be removed soon ^^"), but I'm honestly not. I think everybody in the comp. has a right to be proud of what they produced in such a short amount of time, and I know I am. It's also cool to hear that we were neck-and-neck with DWAM for a while. From what I've played of Tomorrow, it's definitely deserving of victory. :wink:
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

But... But.... Spoilers!

Anywho, yeah. Congrats DWaM! You totally deserved it. And I must say, (from what I've played) this was a very, very, very close result.

Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

I'd have removed them... but 'kay. xP
Just means whoever posts a correct theory after this point obviously cheated~
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

I... I...

I'm honestly not sure what to say. ^^" Never expected to, you know... win and all. XD

Erm... Well thank you. Thank you for enjoying Turnabout Tomorrow. Honestly, compared to the other entires of this competition, I'm honestly shocked that it was able to pull through, but... Thank you. I am most certainly looking forward to seeing the conclusions of the other cases (not going to spoil myself with the stream of consciousness and all) and am most certainly eager to see what projects you guys will do next. (I could go on, but I would pretty much be repeating Rune's and BP's words...) But, yeah, I went up against great authors, and it's an honor to have been able to match with your talent. Naturally, a final thanks should be given to the judges for giving us a theme that pushed us to actually hand in practically complete entires, a massive accomplishment in its own regard.

And with that said...

I will not be hosting the next comp. Instead, I am handing that right over to Gumping' considering they came in close second.

Erm... Yeah, that's all.
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

Congratulations, DWAM!
I read part 3 today and it was amazing. You really deserved winning.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

@Rune: Good thing I did not read your thoughts then. That would be bad. (I want to play through this unspoiled. :D)

Also, oh, handing it off to Gumping, eh? (That means we're going to break 140 pages this time!)