Time Goes By...

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Tap
Spoken languages: English

Re: Time Goes By...

Post by Tap »

Just to be clear: K_1 is a smurf account that was created by Ferdielance*. In the future, all members should make sure to follow the rules and not create smurf accounts as a prank. The rules are very clear in the Global Rules Forum Thread, so please read up on them if you're a bit uncertain! The only exception is if you ask Unas beforehand, and he gives you permission. Thanks. :)

* Posted on Ferdielance's request.
ImageImage
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Thanks for confirming, Tap!

...And you all believed it was enigma.

Even enigma seems to have believed it was enigma.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

I thought DWaM was a very high possibility, too xP
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

WAIT NO LONGER! HERE IT IS! THE RESULTS!

Yes, choosing our winner has been excruciatingly difficult but we finally did it. FINALLY! So, here it is. In all its glory! The winning case! And the comp results!
Spoiler : The Winning Case :
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

The trial could not be loaded
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Heh, oh well. At least it was apparently close.

Congratz to the winners.
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

Use V5, V6 isn't loading trials that aren't public unless you're the creator or a playtester.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Man, you could've at least done it yesterday. And given us some more fanfare, even if we lost.

Oh well, gratz FerdiEnth
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

After all the "trolling," I'm not even sure if those are the "real" results at this point.

Well, thanks to the judges, best of luck to the other entrants in their future projects, and the next competition will be up sometime...?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

What trolling are you even talking about dudes, the only not-completely-true thing that happened on April 1st in AAO was my trailer.
ImageImage Image Image Image
Evo

Post by Evo »

- mugs
- featuring the winner which may be a comedy with GK2 spoilers and improperly-formatted timestamps
- that theme
- trustworthy spriter title
- adding OCs to the editor
- make a character who looks trustworthy

Yeah, these competitions are totally legit.

I'd prefer if that got cleared up soon. April's Fools is now over everywhere in the world, and some people are already working on their entries ...
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Kroki wrote:What trolling are you even talking about dudes, the only not-completely-true thing that happened on April 1st in AAO was my trailer.
Dubious as the two competitions are (as Evolina stated), there was also EVERYTHING regarding K1.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Thanks to the judges for running this, to the other entrants for giving it their all, and to our testers for doing a great job! I'm playing BP and Blackrune's case right now, and it looks polished and sharp.
Man, you could've at least done it yesterday. And given us some more fanfare, even if we lost.
If you keep it quiet and somehow get the judges not to post public reviews, you can't really talk about the lack of fanfare after the fact. You had a chance to hype it up, and you chose to go for the surprise.

How would someone have felt if they'd seemed to have the comp in the bag, and then SURPRISE, last-minute upset by secret entrants about whom pretty much nothing had been said, who had won before, and who had several AAO awards between them?
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Just to fully answer Evo's concerns about TBAOTL :

- I can afford mugs. Especially since I'm going to receive soon a small payment from the Google ads - it's money that I don't mind investing in the site's community life somehow.
- As discussed here, featuring a trial is my editorial decision. If I want to bypass QA, I can, though I practically never do. In this case, I will. But anyway, I doubt we would pick for winner a trial that doesn't achieve basic quality standards.
- The theme was chosen because it is epic, and yet could easily be turned into derision in the trailer.
- The silly custom titles ? That's just my bad humour I guess. It's the kind of silly thing that make me laugh, and I could definitely brag about if I got them :wink:
- Adding OCs to the editor : actually, it's something I've been hesitating to do for a while, as it'd allow people more variety even if they can't sprite by themselves. A few years ago, there simply wasn't enough high quality work to showcase in that category. Now, I think there might be.

Also, I'd like to thank enigma and DWaM for giving me time to announce the new competition.
Congratulations to Ferdie and Enthalpy, and sorry for postponing your competition : you can of course host it in August when TBAOTL is over ;-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Evo

Post by Evo »

Well not liking either of the themes might just be me... But the biggest problem, imo, is forcing People to use V6 when it's still buggy and VERY inefficient to work with.