[E] Adding music to an Investigation Scene

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Elyment
Spoken languages: English

[E] Adding music to an Investigation Scene

Post by Elyment »

So I'm fairly new to the trial creator, but I think I've familiarized myself with most of its mechanics through trial and error and constantly referencing the forums. My problem isn't so much of a problem as it is a convenience issue. When I try to add music to an investigation scene this is what I try:

(The Scene) -> Dialogue -> Settings -> Main Frame Music

I can access the Main Frame music dropdown just fine, but when I go to select music I wish to use, it only gives me access to "music already used" and "stop current music". (ie. I can't select from the normal list of music and only have access to music I've already used in the trial)
I've been dealing with this problem by finding or creating a random frame to assign the music I want, thus adding it to the "music already used" dropdown, and then deleting/editing the frame after I've selected the music for the investigation scene I was working on. While it doesn't cause any problems when I playtest the trial, it's just a hassle to go through this process over and over, especially because I'm working on a trial with a rather large number of scenes. Does anyone have a fix to this? I'm working in Firefox, if that makes a difference. Thanks!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] Adding music to an Investigation Scene

Post by Enthalpy »

Hi, thanks for waiting over the holidays.

A better temporary solution is to add create the music in the Music tab before trying to add it.

It should be possible to allow selection of not previously used music tracks in investigation scenes, just like it is in frames. I'll add that to the issue tracker.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Elyment
Spoken languages: English

Re: [E] Adding music to an Investigation Scene

Post by Elyment »

Thanks for the fast response!
Your suggestion for the music tab is definitely better than what I was trying before, so thanks again. Good luck with the work on your list.