Using court sprites in an investigation

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

pantran
Spoken languages: English

Using court sprites in an investigation

Post by pantran »

I want to use some of klaviers court sprites in a normal investigation section, but whenever i do it ends up making the sprite slide across the screen into position instead of just changing the sprite.

For example, klav is doing his leaning forward pose, then the next frame i want to use his snapping sprite. When I progress to the next frame, his sprite suddenly teleports to the right, then slides into the center where I've positioned it.

This also affects the reverse. Changing from his snapping sprite to one of his conversation sprites causes the same behaviour to happen with the convo sprite.

Sorry if this was poorly explained, i recorded a video but don't think i can attach it. Thank you!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Using court sprites in an investigation

Post by Enthalpy »

Could you give me a link to a trial where this occurs, and tell me exactly which frame numbers are the problem? If you can make a minimal trial that displays the issue, that would be most helpful.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
pantran
Spoken languages: English

Post by pantran »

Enthalpy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:27 pm Could you give me a link to a trial where this occurs, and tell me exactly which frame numbers are the problem? If you can make a minimal trial that displays the issue, that would be most helpful.
http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=108872

Happens after a few frames here.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

For my future reference, the problem is in the transition from frame ID 20 to frame ID 19. The minimal working example should just be two frames.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Oh, I hadn't noticed this post. I helped the user elsewhere. Essentially what was happening is that you have a character centred, then you switch their position. When you do this, you're changing the character's position without removing the character so the character slides to the new position. It's always seemed like intended behaviour.

The work around I always use if I don't want sliding is hiding the character before switching their position, so the character pops to the new position instead of sliding.

I do this by:
Frame one: Character is centred.
Frame two: 1ms frame where I hide the character.
Frame three: Add the character back in and change character position to new non-centred position I want them.

Without frame two, the character would slide. With frame two, they just pop in.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout