Sprite question

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

blackquill
Spoken languages: English, Mandarin

Sprite question

Post by blackquill »

I've 2 questions about the usage of sprites.

1. How do I use custom sprites? According to this thread: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =28&t=2155, I have to add the sprite image links. However, I don't see anything in the editor that allows me to do just that.

2. How do I add a sprite such that (s)he appears to be behind the glass panel in the Detention Center? I can only add sprites that appear in front of the glass panel but that's not what I want.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
energizerspark
Spoken languages: English

Re: Sprite question

Post by energizerspark »

there are two versions of the detention center background (not to be confused with the AA and AJ versions)
if the version you have selected has the characters in front of the panel, select the other version
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

As for your first question, if you want to use custom pictures for a profile, might I suggest you create a profile in the editor and click the "use custom pictures" button on that profile?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
blackquill
Spoken languages: English, Mandarin

Post by blackquill »

Enthalpy wrote:As for your first question, if you want to use custom pictures for a profile, might I suggest you create a profile in the editor and click the "use custom pictures" button on that profile?
Yeah, I've already done that. What I want to know is how I display a custom sprite in a particular frame.

For example, I want to use an Athena sprite that I've downloaded in this frame. However, I'm not sure how to do that.

Edit: I've figured it out. Thanks nonetheless!
foursideluigi
Spoken languages: English

Post by foursideluigi »

If YOU've figured it out, do you think you could help ME?
I have a full sheet of sprites for Apollo I want to use, but I don't know how to: A: separate the backgrounds from them, and B: seperate them in general. Could I get some assistance?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

That is a completely different question.

First, are you sure you want to use a spritesheet? The canon Apollo sprites are already in the editor.

If you're absolutely sure you need to use the spritesheet, I recommend requesting somebody on the request topic or asking a question here.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson