Lag: Is It Normal?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

AlanBernard
Spoken languages: English

Lag: Is It Normal?

Post by AlanBernard »

I've been working on a case and am currently at a very high frame, however, I can already note that lag in the Storyboard Editor is going to be a major issue. Is there anything I can do about this?

And as a second question, if anyone reading this topic has made a case, what's the highest frame you usually cap off a case at, before this does become an issue?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Lag: Is It Normal?

Post by Enthalpy »

Lag in the v6 editor is a known issue, yes, and there's nothing that can be done about it on your end. I would prefer to keep a part around the 2000 frame mark and would be strongly discouraged from going above 3000 frames.

It's possible that changes to how AAO works could kill the lag, but I would need much more time to investigate.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
AlanBernard
Spoken languages: English

Post by AlanBernard »

Alright, I'll cap mine off at around 1,900 frames. Thanks for answering my question!
Exedeb
Spoken languages: Italian, English

Post by Exedeb »

If this may help you, i use Firefox when i need to add scripts or simply read the storyboard, it's faster than other browsers like Google Chrome.