How to Move?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

SecretAgentZach
Spoken languages: English and German

How to Move?

Post by SecretAgentZach »

This is a very newbie question but how do you make your character be able to move to a different scene in an investigation?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: How to Move?

Post by Enthalpy »

Have you seen section 4d of this tutorial? Read it over, and if that doesn't answer your question, be more detailed about why that didn't help you.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
SecretAgentZach

Enthalpy wrote:Have you seen section 4d of this tutorial? Read it over, and if that doesn't answer your question, be more detailed about why that didn't help you.
The Move option won't show
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

The move tab should be just to the right of the location tab. If you don't see it there, you have a bug. Give me the link of the trial, so I can look at it.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
SecretAgentZach

Enthalpy wrote:The move tab should be just to the right of the location tab. If you don't see it there, you have a bug. Give me the link of the trial, so I can look at it.
I am pretty dumb, do you mean the editor link? If so here: http://aaonline.fr/editor.php?trial_id= ... 4cd3d7e78b
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I can see the move link just fine.

What browser are you using? If you're using Internet Explorer or Edge, change to Firefox or Chrome.
SecretAgentZach

Enthalpy wrote:I can see the move link just fine.

What browser are you using? If you're using Internet Explorer or Edge, change to Firefox or Chrome.
I am using opera, i don't like being tracked.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I opened your trial in the latest version of Opera, and I can still see the Move button just fine.

Can you send me a screenshot of what you see? I want the equivalent of the first screenshot in Section IV from the tutorial I linked earlier.
SecretAgentZach

Enthalpy wrote:I can see the move link just fine.

If you mean the button that says move, It is there, When you click on it, there is nowhere to move to? https://gyazo.com/64d78a4d3a4ab6737b73635cfcde0640
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Please be more specific in future. We have been talking about completely different move buttons.

The problem is that you have the Detention Center hidden. By definition, this means you cannot move to it. You need to use the "Reveal a scene" action to reveal the Detention Center before you can move to it.