Using character animations

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

jacobisbatman
Spoken languages: English

Using character animations

Post by jacobisbatman »

I know that certain animations such as Franziska holding her whip above her head have an option where you can make her do this animation either before or during speaking this line

However, there are certain animations such as Maggey doing her salute, gant's claping, Olga orley falling and the bowl dropping, that don't come up with this option. In my particular case I want Maggey to show up and salute without saying anything, however after looking through all the options and the forums I have been unable to accomplish this.

I can see this being an issue when looking at character breakdowns/transformations in particular because it is just immediately skipping to the end frames of these animations with or without text and I don't want this to happen

Sorry if this has already been asked but I have not been able to find an answer to this anywhere
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Re: Using character animations

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

You have to do it manually, using a GIF editor. Then, you can upload the sprites yourself to a photo hosting site and link to them from the editor. But I'd be surprised if someone hasn't already done this and posted on the forums.
jacobisbatman

Post by jacobisbatman »

I've tried searching for them but I don't exactly know where to look. I'm just a bit confused why the animations are shown when selecting the sprite and show up when editing the frame but then aren't actually included
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

Simply download the gif and find out how long it is. You can do this on http://gifduration.konstochvanligasaker.se/.
Spoiler : :
Dropping the gif:
Duration appears:
Then, edit the "Wait for" time of the frame with the animation.
And set the "Talking animation mode" to "Keep talking"
Sadly, it seems it is fairly random. The animation won't always start at the beginning.
jacobisbatman

Post by jacobisbatman »

Okay thanks