how to implement fade ins?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Athenayikes
Spoken languages: English, Canadian French

how to implement fade ins?

Post by Athenayikes »

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but I'm currently attempting to add fade ins/outs to my game, and I found these links for them:

http://ferdielance.com/fadein1000.svg
http://ferdielance.com/fadeout1000.svg

however, I'm not entirely sure where exactly I have to put them in order to use them. I tried putting them in the pop ups section, but when I try to add them and play test my game, they don't seem to work.

I did a quick search of the forum, and haven't found anything about how to use them, so that's why I'm attempting to write one now. I'd really appreciate any assistance!
ThePaSch
Spoken languages: English, German (native)

Re: how to implement fade ins?

Post by ThePaSch »

The pop-ups section is the correct one, so I don't think you're doing anything wrong. SVG fades like those are known to not work properly sometimes in Chrome, though - which browser are you using? To my knowledge, they should work fine in Firefox.

On the subject of fades, hopefully, the next Editor update will allow you to natively add fades to your games without having to resort to third-party resources, and give you more options to customize the fades, such as adjusting their length and color. I don't know when the update will drop - there are still minor, cosmetic bugs to iron out regarding that new feature - but, rest assured that a cross-browser-compatible way to add fades to a game without hassle is coming soon™.
Athenayikes
Spoken languages: English, Canadian French

Re: how to implement fade ins?

Post by Athenayikes »

ThePaSch wrote:The pop-ups section is the correct one, so I don't think you're doing anything wrong. SVG fades like those are known to not work properly sometimes in Chrome, though - which browser are you using? To my knowledge, they should work fine in Firefox.

On the subject of fades, hopefully, the next Editor update will allow you to natively add fades to your games without having to resort to third-party resources, and give you more options to customize the fades, such as adjusting their length and color. I don't know when the update will drop - there are still minor, cosmetic bugs to iron out regarding that new feature - but, rest assured that a cross-browser-compatible way to add fades to a game without hassle is coming soon™.

I noticed a comment mentioning the fades being implemented! I'm quite excited :maya:

I'm currently using google chrome, so ill try another browser and see if it works until the update comes out, thank you for replying!