Adding Back Button to Presenting Evidence

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Doechano
Spoken languages: English

Adding Back Button to Presenting Evidence

Post by Doechano »

I'm trying to make a trial where you can present evidence, but also have the option to back out of it with the back button. I've checked the back button box, but nothing happens when playtesting the trial. It just shows the fast forward arrow. I'm relatively new to Ace Attorney Online so I might just be missing something simple here. I'd really appreciate some help.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Adding Back Button to Presenting Evidence

Post by Enthalpy »

Could you make a new trial demonstrating the bug and give me the link? It's easier if I can see it for myself.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Doechano

Post by Doechano »

123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

I don't know, it works fine in my reproduction http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=111235
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Ah, that jogged my memory.

The editor will only let you set the back button if you're in psyche-locks. I'll talk with ThePasch about letting the editor display a back button at any time, but I'm waiting until things calm down for the two of us. Both of us are very busy with work, so that could be some time. Thanks for your patience!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Doechano

Post by Doechano »

Are there any workarounds I could use for the time being?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Designate a piece of evidence as the back button. Whenever it is presented, redirect the player to the frame that the back button would take them to. That's the best workaround I have.