Appending trial to investigation

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

letterman
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Appending trial to investigation

Post by letterman »

Hello,

I just wondered how to create one game with multiple "parts"? For instance, most games that have a trial and an investigation section, or a "trial former" and "trial latter" part, basically consist of two or more games and then when you finish the first one it automatically loads Part 2. This is not the same as the trial series section of the trial manager, because that enables you to put multiple games into one series, but it doesn't automatically load the next one as the first one finishes. How do I do this, in order to give my case a more natural flow?

Many thanks,
Letterman
"There is no sin except stupidity" - Oscar Wilde
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Re: Appending trial to investigation

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Though, as you say, it does not automatically transition into the next part, if two trials are part of the same series, you can add the "End the game" action to the last frame in the first one, and tell it to move to the next part, achieving what you intend. In fact, that's likely what all of your examples are doing, too.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
letterman
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: Appending trial to investigation

Post by letterman »

Thank you!

Yeah, I got my trial and investigation mixed up; it was a sandbox trial, and because the "investigation" one appeared on top, I thought it came before the "trial" one; that's why nothing happened when I set it to move onto the next part. But it's all sorted now.

I would also be interested in obtaining some new custom sprites for my case, but am not sure who to contact. I would like to get in touch with artists who could design sprites for me with permission. The links for contacting sprite artists and creators that I saw in the earlier tutorials no longer seem to work. Would you happen to know who to contact?

Best wishes,
Letterman
"There is no sin except stupidity" - Oscar Wilde