Will my actions mess up when I save my trial?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Final Fall 0

Will my actions mess up when I save my trial?

Post by Final Fall 0 »

Okay, so I have a couple instances in my trial so far where you can choose multiple options to answer a question. I understand how to set all of that up, and have all of the different responses worked out, but here is my question: If I add a new line of text BEFORE one of the multiple options sequences, will that mess up all of the ID codes that you are sent to from picking each option? Or will it update the ID codes automatically? For example, if the option "I killed him" would send you to ID# 24 and I added a line of text before it, would it still send me to 24 (which would now be an unrelated line), or automatically change it so it would send me to 25 (the original line of text). I know this description is kind of confusing....sorry. I would try it on my own, but I really don't want to mess it up and have to try to remember what goes where. Thanks for anyone who can help! :)
RandomJibberish

Re: Managing Multiple Options

Post by RandomJibberish »

Nah, the ID of messages added halfway through are as if you added them at the end.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Re: Managing Multiple Options

Post by Meph »

So basically, are you asking what happens when you use an action to skip to a different dialogue? :)
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: What happens when I skip to an ID?

Post by Unas »

If that's what you are asking, message's ids are recalculated on saving, so there should be no problem : if your text's id number changes, all actions referring to it will be corrected accordingly :wink:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Final Fall 0

Re: Will my actions mess up when I save my trial?

Post by Final Fall 0 »

Yeah, that's what I was asking. Now I feel it's safe to add some more text at the beginning of my trial. Thanks so much!
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Re: Will my actions mess up when I save my trial?

Post by henke37 »

Just remember to check the new ids after saving if you are going to reference them again. They do change, but during the change the old values are updated with the new ones. But what you remember in your head is not updated.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.