Is it possible to separate a trial into parts?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

sfou

Is it possible to separate a trial into parts?

Post by sfou »

Hello... I hope this isn't a duplicate question. If it is, I apologize profusely.

The thing is, I just found out about this website (which is AMAZING, by the way) and started making my own custom trial. It's up to about 1200 frames by now, and includes an investigation part and the first half of a trial segment. I'm currently working on the second half.

The thing is, I realized my trial is way too huge for one file. If the players lose or get bored halfway, they won't be able to start from where they left off. Is there a way for me to separate my trial in parts and simply make 3 trials instead of just one? I've been working on it for a very, very long time, and I don't want to lose all my work...

Also, this is unrelated but I noticed something. The prosecutor in my trial is Franziska von Karma, and her objection sound effet has a 1 second delay. Because of this, whenever she places an objection, the rythm of the game is kinda broken up. It makes my trial look glitchy. :( Just thought I'd mention that.
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Re: Is it possible to separate a trial into parts?

Post by Meph »

Welcome to the forums, sfou. :maya:

Sorry, but that is not possible.
sfou wrote:Also, this is unrelated but I noticed something. The prosecutor in my trial is Franziska von Karma, and her objection sound effet has a 1 second delay. Because of this, whenever she places an objection, the rythm of the game is kinda broken up. It makes my trial look glitchy. :( Just thought I'd mention that.
It's not 1 second. It's one millisecond. An objection sound is 150 milliseconds. ;)
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

It's not possible to break up the trial, but one of the things Unas plans to work on is duplicating a pre-existing trial. That way, you could just duplicate your trial three times and delete different parts from each to divide it into parts.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

I could do it (but this is not an offer that I will). It's just a matter of data juggling. Just take the text lines and place some in a new trial. However, you need to update the pointers to the message numbers in the actions. Luckily, I maintain a complete list of all the actions and thus know where all the pointers are. But it's still somewhat risky, even for me.

If you want my tools to try it yourself, pm me, but it's not something for just anyone.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Dramatica

Post by Dramatica »

Meph wrote:Welcome to the forums, sfou. :maya:

Sorry, but that is not possible.
sfou wrote:Also, this is unrelated but I noticed something. The prosecutor in my trial is Franziska von Karma, and her objection sound effet has a 1 second delay. Because of this, whenever she places an objection, the rythm of the game is kinda broken up. It makes my trial look glitchy. :( Just thought I'd mention that.
It's not 1 second. It's one millisecond. An objection sound is 150 milliseconds. ;)
1000 milliseconds in a second. 100 of those AAO things is in a second. So not millisecond, as I've poitned out before.

But, yeah. What Meph said.
Meph

Post by Meph »

They're actually centerseconds. ;)
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

They're centiseconds :P

The prefix is centi-, like in centimeter.

(And "cent", as in American currency or percent... not "center" :P)
Meph

Post by Meph »

Whoops. For some reason, I keep calling it "center" instead of "centi"