How do I hide the "press" button in a cross-examination?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Seraj

How do I hide the "press" button in a cross-examination?

Post by Seraj »

I'm wondering if this is possible, and from the actions I've tried, I've found that it isn't. So is there some way to hide all the statements that show after you press a statement in a cross examination? One of my CE's allows the player to press just one statement, and then doesn't allow them to press the others. Is there an easy way to hide the whole conversation that springs out of pressing? I tried "Hide message" to no avail.

And if there isn't... consider this a suggestion to add a "Hide pressing statement" action. :maya:
~ My Trials ~

Phoenix Wright: Trial by Fire Series
Complete
Turnabout Rookie

In Progress
Turnabout Fugue
Turnabout Echoes (Part I ~ Part II ~ Part III)

Other
In Progress
Revival Rivers
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Re: Hiding Press Statements in a Cross-Exam.

Post by henke37 »

The press button only shows if you assign a press dialog in the first place. So don't provide a dialog, and the button won't show up at all.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Seraj

Post by Seraj »

Well, that's what I did to get around the problem. But it involved two CE blocks with almost the same information, just one didn't have pressing. Also, it doesn't help that once you press one, you can't press it again to reread what it said.
All in all it seems like a roundabout way to pull this off, like there should be a simpler and more effective way. :ron:
~ My Trials ~

Phoenix Wright: Trial by Fire Series
Complete
Turnabout Rookie

In Progress
Turnabout Fugue
Turnabout Echoes (Part I ~ Part II ~ Part III)

Other
In Progress
Revival Rivers
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Use variables.

Whenever, set press (or whatever you want to call it) to 0 (the default value is probably 0, but I like to be safe). Add a blank frames that lasts 1 centisecond to the end of all non-pressable statements. At the beginning of each non-pressable statement, make a blank frame that lasts 1 centisecond, but give it an "evaluate variable" action. If press = 0, tell it to go to the first frame in the "real" press of that statement. Tell it to otherwise go to the blank frame at the end. (If you tell it to go to the next statement in the cross-examination directly, you'll get an annoying bug.) Then, at the place where you can't press the statements any more, tell it to set press' value to 1.

In the beginning you'll be able to press all the statements, but at soon as you get to that point where you can't, when you press it'll just skip right to the next message.