Help! I need help regarding custom sprites.

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Serena
Spoken languages: English, Italian

Help! I need help regarding custom sprites.

Post by Serena »

Hello, is that a problem if I write in English? I'm Italian and I know a little French but I go faster with English.
So, my problem is that I'm going to do a Trial with my own sprites. When I go to Profile Picture, and it lets me upload the sprites I want to use, it just says ''Speaking sprites'' ''Still sprites'' ''Start-up Sprites'' ''Start-up Sprites duration''... now, I have 3 questions:
1- What is exactly the Start-up Sprites?
2- I have the possibility just to add these 3 kinds of Sprites for my Trial? Or there is a way to upload more? I mean... for example when the lawyer reads an evidence, or blushes... if yes, then:
3- Where and how?

These are my questions for now =( I'm sorry but I need help... it will be great if you could help me.

Thanks ^^
Last edited by Serena on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Re: Information about adding Sprites

Post by henke37 »

Those are per pose. You can add multiple sets of sprites, one per pose.

The startup is what plays at the start, things like slams and what not that shouldn't be repeated.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Zeel1™
Spoken languages: English

Post by Zeel1™ »

For the record, we have sections for all sorts of languages. This is the English section here.

As for the sprites... when it says "speaking" and "still", that means just what it does - one is that pose in which they are speaking, and the other is one in which they are finished speaking. Like so;

And yes, you can add as many poses as you want. A start-up sprite is something that plays at the beginning of the frame, with that post. As Henke said, all desk-slams are like this. Basically any animation other than ones that relate to speaking or not speaking fall under this category.
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
Serena

Post by Serena »

Thank you for explaining, now I understood. I'm going to try.
(And sorry, I just realized there is the English section and the French one °-° I know I'm stupid sorry xD)

Just another little question: I'm creating my own sprites using Photoshop, when I saved them, I found out that there are some white pixels all around the sprite =( Like this:
Is there a way to avoid them?
Now to fix the sprite I tried to erase them (and yes I guess I have to re-do the animation .__.) but it turned out really bad (expecially the hair).
So... how can I do with that? Actually I don't even know where those pixels come from D:
Thanks so much, by the way.
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

Those are from anti-aliasing against a white background. Don't anti-alias against the background.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Serena

Post by Serena »

Uhm... yes, right.
Thank you.