Video help for a case

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

SolarisG701
Spoken languages: English

Video help for a case

Post by SolarisG701 »

Ok so I'm working on a case and one of the key pieces of evidence is a video that shows the murderer entering a room.
The problem is I have no idea how to make that work.
I know a video was used in one of the games (I think the first one?) and I would like to do something similar, but if I can't, would just a pic work?
I would appreciate any suggestions or advice. Thanks!
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Re: Video help for a case

Post by Lind »

Well, it really depends on what the actual contradiction with the video is, assuming there is one.

If a still image would work then that'd be fine. Another option is using multiple screenshots from a video, a la Turnabout Ablaze.
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: Video help for a case

Post by E.D.Revolution »

If you're thinking the exact same say it was done in 1-5, it's impossible to reproduce in any engine except flash. It can't be done here. You can't do a video since videos are not supported on AAO.

A series of screenshots would be your best bet. Have each screenshot spaced out every, say, second or minute or so to try to replicate a typical surveillance video. For the actual contradiction, you select the screenshot then the problem in the scene. Basically, GK1-5 method.