Music Portfolio - Oocca

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Oocca
Spoken languages: English

Music Portfolio - Oocca

Post by Oocca »

Hey AAO,

I'm Oocca. I like to make music, and if you have a trial you're working on that you'd like music or SFX for, I want to help you!

:holdit:
Not convinced?

:takethat: Check out my SoundCloud.

If you have any suggestions or you'd like to make a request, make a post in the thread below or PM me.

Cya,

-Oocca :phoenix:
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Re: Music Portfolio - Oocca

Post by DeeYo »

You're awesome. That's it. That's my criticism AND suggestion.

Well, actually there's a small thing that always bugs me. Your tracks have great instrumentalization (what program do you use?), but I can't see anyone humming the melodies of your tracks after listening to it. (at least, the 5 or so tracks I've listened to) If you can, try making your tracks have a melody that is recognizable and memorable, it's what makes a masterpiece stand out from the crowd.
(Oh, and also, try making slightly longer tracks with more variation. Try changing keys, drum beats, etc.)

Then again, this thing is only MY pet peeve, so you can carry on like this and it will still be awesome. Thanks for your time.

Total times sued: 10328
Oocca

Post by Oocca »

DeeYo wrote:You're awesome. That's it. That's my criticism AND suggestion.

Well, actually there's a small thing that always bugs me. Your tracks have great instrumentalization (what program do you use?), but I can't see anyone humming the melodies of your tracks after listening to it. (at least, the 5 or so tracks I've listened to) If you can, try making your tracks have a melody that is recognizable and memorable, it's what makes a masterpiece stand out from the crowd.
(Oh, and also, try making slightly longer tracks with more variation. Try changing keys, drum beats, etc.)

Then again, this thing is only MY pet peeve, so you can carry on like this and it will still be awesome. Thanks for your time.
Thanks; I appreciate the criticism.

I use various different methods for making tracks; I use a lot of module trackers and professional MIDI I/O applications. I would go in depth, but as much as I'd love to share, It's really up to you to find out where you want to go with your own musical exploits- the best I can say is to start with something like OpenMPT- really great tracker. There's thousands of tutorials online- nothing to be overwhelmed about.

As I said before, the criticism is great- it's people like you that help me make my music better. I'll try doing some of the stuff you've suggested in some new tunes- I already have a new team of clients who're working on a new trial series right now, and I'm thrilled to be working with them.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me at your own convenience.

Thanks,
-Oocca :phoenix:
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

This is absolutely fantastic. We need more musicians around here in general, but even with that you're a great addition.
Oocca

Post by Oocca »

Lind wrote:This is absolutely fantastic. We need more musicians around here in general, but even with that you're a great addition.
Thanks- it's great to be here. I'm always working on something, so stay tuned :nod:

-Oocca
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I've listened to most of your tracks. A lot of it reminds me of The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap. It's not a bad thing. It's just what I'm reminded most of (probably of the GBA/SNES-like instrumentation).