titleguy1's art

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

titleguy1
Spoken languages: English

Re: titleguy1's Art and Things.

Post by titleguy1 »

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not too sure what you mean by the head being further forward on the neck, I'm a bit of an idiot. Anyways, I started on his front view, and it looks really weird. Anybody who can give any ideas as to why?
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

I think he meant that the head sorta looks like he's tucking his chin inward? Maybe move the head out a little so it looks less stiff.
Also nice start to his front sprite! You did a good job making his face look original! I think the way you've drawn his collar around his neck is a little too loose, and should be closer to his neck.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

It's not you XD I've always been bad at explaining in words... :gumshoe:
Spoiler : quick :
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
titleguy1

Post by titleguy1 »

I'm wondering if this sprite looks good, and Mr. Patterson is also questioning how he is looking. I did his entire right arm and hand from scratch.

Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

I'm not too good with anatomy, but if it's worth anything, I do have some small advice.

The forearm here is too long and a bit too thin, and the hand itself is very small. I'd compare it with Apollo's hand in his sprites (since you're using him as a base, after all); you'll be able to see the difference in size, especially when it comes to the fingers.
I haven't noticed if this was a problem in the other Patterson sprites, but his belt is way too thin; I'd say it should be as thin as the cover of his pocket.
Also, is there a reason his bottom jacket button is unbuttoned? Lastly, the folds on the outside of the arm are a bit too sharp, at least from what I can tell.

The shading is pretty sweet, though, and I'm digging the pose as a whole.
titleguy1

Post by titleguy1 »

God damn reality and our huge-ass hands xD. I made the rest of the sprites have the larger belt as well as smoother jacket folds. As for the bottom jacket button being unbuttoned, it's meant to be a portrayal of Patterson's character; he's a bit more loose than other people in their profession but his general attire still shows that he takes his job seriously.

Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Looking good, and the lineart's getting smoother! I think what's still throwing me off a bit is that there's a darker outline on his left side (on our right) than on his right. It's coming along great!
Last edited by Glen Elg on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
titleguy1

Post by titleguy1 »

Thanks! He's quite happy to hear that, although he could also be planning your murder.

Also, I have 3 songs for you guys to hear! Yes, I realize that the loop transition is about as smooth as a camel being hit by a train but don't worry! That's not what matters right now!

https://youtu.be/732zh_aaOiE
https://youtu.be/TNt2Xfq-9-w
https://youtu.be/oZdkvsyn1q4
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Those songs sound amazing! I love the chords you picked and the Investigation Opening is very chill and sets the mood well!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
titleguy1

Post by titleguy1 »

"(Damn it! The evidence is irrefutable... Where the hell did that come from?! I've got to find a contradiction, pronto! Or else.. *Gulp*)"

Someone's in a pickle.

Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Pretty good; I think the hand should be rotated a little more to the right so that it's more obvious he's biting his thumb. I thought he was just holding his chin in thought for a sec. Maybe frankensprite a bit from Lana Skye, or at least check her sprite for reference.
Also, sweat in AA sprites has an outline slightly darker than the skin color, and it's filled in with a white color. Franziska's sweating sprites are a good reference to use. This is looking to be a pretty good spriteset!

A little off-topic: I don't know how soon I'd be doing it, but would you mind if I tried doing some improvement edits on a few of your sprites (probably some of the Patterson ones)? I've personally been wondering how well I'd do at improving someone else's sprites, so it's more for my own purposes than for anything else. I won't be using the sprites for anything, if that changes anything, it's just a little artistic test for myself. If not, it's all good, just wondering.
titleguy1

Post by titleguy1 »

Yeah, no problem, you can do whatever you want. (I mean not anything weird but you get the jist of it, lol.)
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Went ahead and did that edit; hopefully it came out well! Thanks again for letting me take a shot at it!
titleguy1

Post by titleguy1 »

So I usually save my sprites on a green background and then transfer them onto a clear one, but I'm too lazy to do the latter, haha.

Thanks to Mr. Glen Elg, the sprites currently look like this. I've yet to modify the Objection pose.

Yes, I notice this one has a weird box tacked VVV onto the back of his head.
ImageImageImageImage

I plan on making a female prosecutor, one whose personality is like Klavier Gavin minus the Deutschland and minus the sassiness. Stay tuned :april:
titleguy1

Post by titleguy1 »

Sorry for double posting.

This went downhill really quickly. I need a lot; and I mean A LOT; of help. I may just get a different female head to use.

Gold star for anyone who can guess the donor head and body. (Betcha can't.)