Basic Mood Matrix for AAO V6

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

christophr1
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Basic Mood Matrix for AAO V6

Post by christophr1 »

I'm not sure if this goes into the AAO V6 Tutorials or the Art section, so I'm going with the slightly safer option since this thing contains a lot of sprites anyway...

Sooo I kinda made a Basic Mood Matrix that's compatible with AAO V6.
Why is it only "Basic"?
That's because I only got around to making every emotion combination in its maxed-out state and the emotion buttons are also still missing their sounds... But other than that it's usable at least.

If anyone is interested in the Basic Mood Matrix System I created, I compiled a Zip-File for you to download containing the following sprites:
Spoiler : :
Backgrounds:

Interface Sprites:

Emotion Sprites:

Here's the link to the current pack:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kps7f ... x+Pack.zip
(Updated June 3rd)
Feel free to use any of this if you want to. No credit required whatsoever!

I also created a quick tutorial case explaining this Mood Matrix so far:
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/player. ... l_id=77106
(Updated June 3rd: arrangement explanation changes)

Should I ever get around to actually adding something new to this Mood Matrix, I will update the Pack and, if necessary, the tutorial case up here.
Last edited by christophr1 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coming Soon
mercurialSK
Spoken languages: English

Re: Basic Mood Matrix for AAO V6

Post by mercurialSK »

These are nice, much cleaner than mine. For the levels of emotions, you can have them as transparent pop-ups on top since you can have multiple pop-ups on the screen at once. So say you want the surprised, you'd have the base Place which is the background and this on top, then have the "lit up" version of the emotion as the character and the different-sized intensity pulsing(s) as separate pop-ups. Or the lit up version can be pop-ups too. It's clever making the emotions a character since having the graphics as popups can really pollute the pop-up selection panel. (Mine uses pop-ups and .svgs)

Maybe a thread like this would be more easily found by trial authors in the tutorials section?
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Great graphics!

I could see this moved into tutorials forum, but it would need a paragraph-form tutorial first.

Have you considered doing these as foreground objects instead of popups for your emotion sprites? This allows you to simply make one graphic for strong anger, one for weak sadness, etc. With foreground objects, 4 emotions at 4 "stages" each is only 4*4 (16) graphics rather than 4^4 (256). Of course, a foreground object approach means creating your own court background instead of using the default, but that's a trivial problem.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
christophr1

Post by christophr1 »

Thanks for the advice! ^^
Mercurial, your idea sounds great! I didn't know you could place several pop-ups in one frame, but it definitely makes things A LOT easier! And in fact, placing the interface as a foreground object in the background was my initial idea, but since I didn't know about this multiple pop-up-thing, I went with what I did right now.
So I'll update this Mood Matrix as soon as I have the time using what you said ^^
As soon as that's done and fixed, I might go for what Enthalpy said and write this "paragraph-form tutorial" ^^ But I don't think that's smart to do before I also have the other emotion levels done... (Since all of this suddenly got a lot easier, I actually feel like I can do that now as well :D)
Coming Soon
Domyce432
Spoken languages: Italian, Decent English

Post by Domyce432 »

This is great! The graphics are clear AND smooth!
They're just a bit too fast.

Note: In the example trial the Benches are positioned in a strange way... And you don't need to put them yourself, in V6 you just have to select the place 'Courtroom PW' or the AJ Edition, and set the screen position to the left for the defense and to the right for the prosecution. Center for witnesses.
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over"
- Diego Armando.
Credit do Ceres/Mr. Incognito for designing the boxart template I used for my Boxart(s)!
Credit to everyone who supported me and my project!

OPEN THIS FOR MORE INFO
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

This is brilliant! I love how clean the graphics are, and the little test case was well put together!
(I'm almost done with the Athena sheet, soon :sawhit: )
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

These look nearly perfect! Which is great, because I may or may not need to use these very soon. The only improvement I can suggest, other than just making the other 8 or 12 sizes of emotions, is recreating the opening to the mood matrix, although I doubt that's in any way simple.

Personally, I much prefer to add my own art akin to how DD did mood matrix sections than just have someone testifying normally. It doesn't cover up the bottom two emotions that way as well.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
christophr1

Post by christophr1 »

Thanks for the additional feedback ^^

@Domyce: Alright, I'm going to fix the speed as soon as I can get to it ^^
And thanks for the advice regarding the courtroom! ^^ I really didn't know what to make of that preset courtroom option, so I made it custom. I'll fix that soon too :)

@Reecer: Yeah, recreating the opening would be pretty hard... But who knows, after I have everything else fixed, I may or may not try to recreate it anyway :I
And yeah, I prefer the DD way with custom animations too... I am just too lazy to do that as of right now... but I may update it later on... :I
Coming Soon
Domyce432

Post by Domyce432 »

Munchulax from CR has ripped every Sound Effect from DD.
This includes Mood Matrix. :pearlhappy:
- Diego Armando.
Credit do Ceres/Mr. Incognito for designing the boxart template I used for my Boxart(s)!

OPEN THIS FOR MORE INFO
ArcaneArchon

Post by ArcaneArchon »

I really wish we had Athena sprites. She is so cute and Ace Attorney Online wouldn't be the same without her.
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Domyce432

Post by Domyce432 »

Ok, I REALLY forgot about that...
- Diego Armando.

OPEN THIS FOR MORE INFO
Negatious

Post by Negatious »

Um, I`m still a newbie at AAO, so can someone just explain how do I add the Mood Matrix backgrounds and other nicknacks from the pack into the storyboard frames in the editor? I have downloaded the pack, but do I need to first publish the images somewhere like imgur or imageshack in order to get the URL for the external place / image?
Hello! The name`s Negatious, a newbie at AAO! Nice to meet y`all!
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Yes.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Negatious

Post by Negatious »

calvinball wrote:Yes.
I sent the images to imgur and copied the URL and inserted it into the "External picture" slot in "Places" but it just shows a blank screen: is there a way to fix this? :random:
Hello! The name`s Negatious, a newbie at AAO! Nice to meet y`all!