Glen's Assets (Music/Sprites/Other Graphics)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: Glen's Assets (Music/Sprites/Other Graphics)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Looks good! And for your first shot at a profile sprite it came out well! The eyes just look a little close together though, maybe a pixel more and it might look better?
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Glen Elg
Spoken languages: English

Post by Glen Elg »

A one-pixel-more change, then!

Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Here's another profile; looking at it now, the size is way larger, but I think I can let it slide. If not, I'll just remake it, no biggie.

I used Matt Engarde for the face shape, the nose, and the ear, and Apollo for the suit. The rest is scratched.

I'm thinking about making a short tutorial with whatever spriting I do next; what do you guys think?
DefenceLawyer

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Glen Elg wrote:Here's another profile; looking at it now, the size is way larger, but I think I can let it slide. If not, I'll just remake it, no biggie.

I used Matt Engarde for the face shape, the nose, and the ear, and Apollo for the suit. The rest is scratched.

I'm thinking about making a short tutorial with whatever spriting I do next; what do you guys think?
I'm really liking this one. Nice work, mate.
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

The next sprite I'm working on is a full sprite, but I have enough of it done to make a profile out of it:

No frankenspriting this time; this one's all scratched (though I did get a little inspiration from Lotta's eyebrows :lotta:). The original sketch is on that page of sketches I posted a while back, but the facial structure's a bit changed.
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Okay, this is the full sprite; I'll probably make some edits as far as the antialiasing on the edges goes, but it's pretty much done.

The whole thing is scratched except for the hand, which is an enlarged Furio Tigre hand.
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Looks good! I just think you need to fix his left arm up a little (on our right). It looks like the sleeve goes from thin to thick at the bend in the arm, and i think the bend in the arm is a little too high up.
ImageImageImageImage
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Oh wow, after fixing it, I can't unsee that; thanks!

I fixed it and decided to add blinking and talking animations:

mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

This is a nice thread XD
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

New sprite!

Oh boy, there was so much frankenspriting this time around:
AA1 Ema Skye's eyes, Desiree DeLite's nose, Spark Brushel's collar, AA4 Phoenix's shoulders, Franziska von Karma's chest, and AA2 Maggey Byrde's arms were used for this one.

The reason for all the frankenspriting is that I'm making a spriting tutorial that basically goes through the process of creating this sprite, and I wanted to focus a lot on frankenspriting for this. Expect the spriting tutorial sometime soon (once I figure out how to submit a tutorial, that is ^^; )!
Last edited by Glen Elg on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

No new assets, but I was working on drawing this last character's other poses last night, and I thought I'd share them.

The idea is that the bird on her hat (or maybe the one on her polo) reacts with her, kind of like Shelly de Killer's ice cream cone in Investigations 2. Might be difficult with the size of the logos, so I may eventually decide not to do it, but that's still the plan for now.
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Glen Elg wrote:The idea is that the bird on her hat (or maybe the one on her polo) reacts with her, kind of like Shelly de Killer's ice cream cone in Investigations 2. Might be difficult with the size of the logos, so I may eventually decide not to do it, but that's still the plan for now.
What if you have an actual bird on the hat...
Spoiler : :
With the sprite, would you mind if I did a redline? I'm too busy to type out explanations..
edit: just saw the tutorial thread, i I saw your sketches and thought you drew all of it, lol

Anatomically, the elbows are too high (should be in line with base of ribcage) and they're a bit twisted.
I really like the colour choice and technique. The sprite looks great and I want to see more XD
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Saw your explanations in the tutorial thread; thanks for that! I'm guessing you don't need to do the redline anymore, but I have no objection to it, if you still want to do it.
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

This'll be animated at some point, but until then, here's Kriste (that's her name, btw) in her angry pose. The cracking knuckles will be part of the animation.

Only thing frankensprited here is her nose, again from Desiree DeLite.
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Lookin good! That pose came out really nicely! Also I love the concept drawings you did for her! Can't wait to see them as sprites.
Her left sleeve I think looks like her arm is on top of it instead of coming out of it. Maybe draw a line above it to show the sleeve is on top.
ImageImageImageImage