Glen's Non-Asset Art

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Glen Elg
Spoken languages: English

Glen's Non-Asset Art

Post by Glen Elg »

This thread'll be where I post art that isn't fancase-related. For now, I'll be posting projects for the 3D modeling class I'm taking right now, but maybe I'll eventually post some other stuff, I dunno.

Here's the 3D model of the airplane I've been working on; all my 3D stuff is in Maya 2016 (with a student license). I was given some orthographic (top/side/front) views, and had to make a model from them; you can see those in the background.
Spoiler : Albatross Airplane :
I think there's a few wires missing, based on the ortho views I was given, but it still came out looking nicely. This one isn't textured, but some of my other stuff is. Nothing fancy-schmancy, just simple color textures with shiny effects. Expect to see that stuff soon.
Glen Elg

Re: Glen's Non-Asset Art

Post by Glen Elg »

Here's a textured one: we had to either find a design for a blimp or create our own and model it, rather than being given specific references. I went and made a design for a blimp with two turbines propelling it. I give you, the Turbo Blimp:
Spoiler : Turbo Blimp :
Ref was made crudely with a mouse in Photoshop; I only made the side view on this one.
Glen Elg

Re: Glen's Non-Asset Art

Post by Glen Elg »

Here's my final project for the class: we were given some unused concept art for a utility backpack from Meet the Robinsons, and we had to model it. We were just given a plain drawing (no ortho views), so we had free reign for the ambiguous parts.
Spoiler : Meet the Robinsons Backpack :
I might be doing some more modeling over the school break (this is my last week!), so look forward to some more personal projects. Next quarter, we have a texturing class, so I'm looking forward to that.