El Dumpo

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Forum rules

El Dumpo 

Postby ¿Acid Rain? » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:01 am

El Dumpo

Hola Hi there! It's me, not-Acid-Rain (it's Acid Rain). You may remember me from such prestigious AAO creations such as, that one thing I never finished, or that other thing I never released. Through a series of strange occurrences (all of which stemming from my own idiocy), I lost my account, stopped coming to this website for a long time, and then came back and made this new account (with permission). Originally, I intended to resurface only to come to this art forum and dump all of my huge collection of miscellaneous art assets pertaining to the aforementioned literally bombshells in case anyone wanted to see them or use them or what-have-you. Then, the super-generous Enthalpy transferred my trials from my old account to this one, (Thanks again, Enth.) and I took a look at The Torrential Turnabout (aka TTT aka the thing I never released) and was like, "Now that I have this again, why don't I finish it?" So then I played through it and thought it was so egregiously terrible that I immediately went to my bookmarks and deleted AAO (this actually happened) and didn't come back for another long while. At some point, I stumbled back here again, played through what I had of TTT again, was like "Yeah, I can fix this," and starting working ("working") on it once again. Then I stopped working and then I started working again and then I stopped again and then I started again and then I stopped and gosh darn it I really just cannot find a way to justify putting effort into this thing considering how much work needs to be done to it to bring it up to my standards and not to mention the fact that basically nobody comes to this website anymore. So after all of that happened I decided to go back to my original plan and just dump all of my art and crap. At the very least, this should stop me from oscillating back and forth on the thing.

To be thorough, I'm going to leave basically literally everything here, no matter how completely inapplicable they are to works outside of my own, including banners, sound effects...I'll leave out the stuff that I know is 100% not worth your time, though, like objects in locations that only really make sense if you see them together. (I say that, but there are honestly a ton of instances like that in R E M, so you will miss out on a handful unless you play it lol.) Aren't you lucky. As for the actual trials themselves (R E M, and the 2.5 parts of TTT that exist), I'm not going to officially release them, but I'll link to them below. I'm not satisfied with either, but at the risk of sounding immodest, they both have some really cool stuff in them that I honestly regret not doing justice to. Needless to say, the assets I'm going to leave here contain very potent spoilers, but the only reason that should bother you is if you really want to play what's there of TTT. I don't know why you would want to do that, but yeah. Spoilers inbound. Also, everything here is totally free to use, or to put in those resource threads, or to whatever. Do what you want with them. Don't hotlink or whatnot.

Note on R E M's Tunnel Graphics and TTT's Logic Duel Graphics: I recommend that, if you want to see how these assets actually function, you should take a look at the games themselves. Just posting them here doesn't really provide the whole picture.

Note on Music: I'll only post what I've edited. If you want to know about a specific track that I haven't listed, just ask.

Note on requests: Feel free to post requests, but understand that I almost certainly won't fulfill them unless you're asking me to be part of something really, really awesome.

(Side Note: If anyone has sent me a PM in the past year or so, I haven't seen it.)

tl;dr here's some stuff i guess

Trial Links
Spoiler : :
R E M - Unfinished. It basically just stops at a certain point.
TTT Prologue - Finished. Actually kinda works as a story on its own.
TTT Part One - Finished
TTT Part Two - Unfinished. At a certain point things stop making sense since I was like 50% of the way through fixing stuff.

R E M Assets
Spoiler : Backgrounds :
Intro Stuff
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Locations
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

TV
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Tunnel
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Spoiler : Icons :
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Spoiler : BGM & Sound Effects :
R E M utilizes a ton of sound effects. Listed below are the ones that are actually interesting and aren't mundane stuff like doors opening. If you are interested in anything along those lines, feel free to open R E M in the trial editor via editing the URL or PMing me.

sfx
ItemGet
Scream
Impact
Ghost1
Ghost2
Radio
Kids
TunnelGirl

BGM
R E M uses a number of subtle BGMs that you probably don't care about. Other than that, its mostly more sfx. Here are the things that aren't those things.

Cait's Playlist which consists of:
The Grudge by Tool
Sleepwalking by Bring Me The Horizon
The Kids Aren't Alright by The Offspring
Anywhere But Here by Five Finger Death Punch
Drones by Rise Against
This is the Time (Ballast) by Nothing More
Everlong by The Foo Fighters

The music that plays on Morgan's computer which consists of:
Iwatodai Dorm from the Persona 3 OST
Stroll Around Town from the Custom Robo (GC) OST

The track used in the intro is The Summoning by Linkin Park.

Spoiler : Misc Graphics and Unused Backgrounds :
Misc Grahpics
This is the header graphic found in the thread. It's very big because it contains the solution to one of the puzzles.

R E M related signature banners. There are actually, like, ten of these that start with just one "go to sleep" and progress to the one with a whole bunch. I think I was intending to update my signature every day for the last ten days of the AAEO comp, but I realized that I post so infrequently that no one would notice.

If you're wondering what the hell this is, it's one of eight evidence icons that when inserted in order in the top eight evidence slots makes it looks like a spider is crawling along under the court record (provided that eight blank white evidence icons were in place to begin with, which there were). This took me flippin' forever to make and it really wasn't worth it, even though it looked really cool.

An external image of the internal Game End graphic which I used in an attempt to fool the player into thinking that the game was over when in reality it was just on a frame with a two minute timer. I actually liked this gimmick so much I planned to put it in TTT at the very end, just for kicks.

Image Image Image
Pages from the diary that took way more effort to implement than was worthwhile. Also, Jesus, I just realized that the one on the left has a clue to the number-string puzzle at the bottom. I'm pretty sure you can't even see that without scrolling the image down that last inch or so in-game. And goddamn, that is not an easily interpretatable clue like jeez. Good thing that puzzle was optional.

Graphics that I'm Pretty Sure Went Unused
Image Image Image
Haha, remember these? Yeah, me neither.

Image Image Image
I could have sworn that I included those test channel graphics, but they don't seem to be in the game anywhere, so I guess they belong here.

I have no clue how I forgot to use this one.

Image Image
This is supposed to be the second-last area of the first part (and therefore the entire game, lol) in which you place your faithful and huggable companion, Toby, into a brazier and light the sucker up.

Image Image Image
Some more unused graphics. The goal of the first part was to get the key to unlock the bloody refrigerator.

The Torrential Turnabout Assets
Spoiler : Sprites (If you plan on playing TTT, don't look at these.) :
"Mia Fey"
This sprite set and the next have been realigned to fit on the defense and prosecutor benches, respectively. All start-up animations have been made to not loop, if some of these look like duplicates to you.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
New Sprites
Image Image Image Image

"Miles Edgeworth"

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Bonus Sprite of Maybe the Culprit???
Bonus Sprite of Maybe the Culprit???

Spoiler : Backgrounds :
Prologue
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Parts One & Two
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Spoiler : Icons :
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Spoiler : Logic Duel :
Logic Duel is a unique gameplay section in TTT involving a lot of custom graphics (and a whoooole lotta timed frames).

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Spoiler : Misc Graphics and Unused Backgrounds :
Maps & Diagrams

Banners and Promo Graphics
^The coolest thing I have ever made, hands-down.

Unused Backgrounds
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Stuff Related to the I Want to Believe competition, feat. clcman
Spoiler : :

Subject Documentation Index
This list has been copy-pasted from the I Want to Believe Comp thread. I kinda wanted them here just for completion's sake, I suppose.
Actually, upon re-reading these, I find them to be a lot better than I remember. Good times.

Detective Luke Atmey (The Looker)
JinniaFlyer (JF0450) (ADDENDUM) (ER...WAIT, MAYBE NOT...?)
Gumpei (Gummy Bears) and Hesseldahl (The Third-Eye Artist)
Dave (REDACTED)
Gamer2002 (Overseen Justice)
Gav (Gav's)
dotogam ("Portrait of a Man")
Spyromed ("Project Wyvern")
trialdude (TD02071)
Tiagofvarela (The Tiag of Varela)
Nicky_Boy (Pinnochio) (ADDENDUM)
SwagmaWampyr and Zeel1™ ("The Wampyr") (ADDENDUM)
AceAttorneyMaster111 (AM1113) (ADDENDUM) and @therealpheonixwright (PW8887) (ADDENDUM)
Lind (Lind Lines) (ADDENDUM)
ShadowGengarYT (The Shadow) (ADDENDUM)
IUnderCoverTroll (U0094) (ADDENDUM)
¿Acid Rain?

Spoken languages: English

Re: El Dumpo 

Postby SuperAj3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:26 am

Some of those backgrounds LMAO :calisto:
Others are so creepy! Kinda want to check out the fan cases they were used in now. :hobo:
ImageImage
SuperAj3

Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Postby Kroki » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:53 am

Holy Moly, that's some seriously inventive stuff.
I would definitely like to see the spider thing!
ImageImage Image Image Image
Kroki
Admin

Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Postby Spocker » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi ! I may say those sprites are just incredible ! They are breaking into a powerfull universe only by themselves : just want to create something new to fit with ! Thank you for posting.
Spocker

Spoken languages: français anglais

Postby DWaM » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:46 pm

*from the back of the theater*

post ATTT on the trials page so that it gets noticed and gets the attention it should probably get considering the noticeable work put into the assets; nobody checks the art forum, especially not for trials you COWARD

im busy with stuff but will hopefully play through it later and give thoughts even if its part of the el dumpo
DWaM

Spoken languages: English, Croatian/Serbian, some German

Postby DWaM » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:10 pm

damn it, I just got around to playing through what's there of TTT and now I have no choice but to live with the fact it'll never be finished
DWaM

Spoken languages: English, Croatian/Serbian, some German

Return to Your art