Rules (Updated: Dec 2014)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Ryu Ushiromiya
Spoken languages: American English, Español (Puerto Rico)

Re: Rules specific to the art subforum

Post by Ryu Ushiromiya »

If this is because of my post here in Your Art, I just assumed the rules were the same as with most of the forum: I did wait 12 hours, after all.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! CLICK HERE PLEASE?
Apologies if I do not reply in a timely manner. Sig by Tap!

Tap
Spoken languages: English

Post by Tap »

E.D.Revolution wrote:Tap, there seems to be an inconsistency when it comes to doublepost rules. Can we get a clear rule on that?
Sure. Double-posting in the art forum isn't allowed until twelve hours has passed. I will give every user one warning if they double post, before I'll merge their posts for them next time it happens. :wink:

In Ryu's situation, he's right. :)
ImageImage
AmeftoWriter

Post by AmeftoWriter »

Umm... Can I ask something... is posting fanfiction here allowed?
Sig and avatar made by: Blue Spruce
"The truth is not always... what it seems to be"
Now recruiting!

Be Careful of GK2 Spoilers

Tap

Post by Tap »

AmeftoWriter wrote:Umm... Can I ask something... is posting fanfiction here allowed?
Yes. :wink:
However, as it falls under "art", you must group it all in a single topic. You could, though, have a separate thread for fanfiction and graphics if that was an issue. :D
ImageImage
Transfinite

Post by Transfinite »

The request topic is kind of huge. I was thinking, it might make it easier for potential fillers to browse if there were several request topics - one for sprites, one for boxart, and one for music/voice clips?
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

E.D.Revolution wrote: 1. No Hijacking sprites. That means revamping the sprites and posting them into the original artist's thread. I've seen this done on CR a few times, and it's rude. I'm no artist, but if I were, I'd feel a little insulted.
I (very strongly) disagree with this rule.

Art is just that: Art. And sometimes, in order to get your point directed across the best, you need to use art in order to demonstrate, because art is a very visual thing. It's not like the person modifying your sprite is doing it to show that he's better than you or to steal it and claim it as his own: In every example I've seen of this, it's been to demonstrate a point. And really, if you can't take some simple visual pointers, I personally don't think you should be spiriting to begin with.

I know Dan is against this rule, anybody else think it's silly?
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Yeah, I'm against it.
The users should be free to edit the sprites if it's to help the author/spriter as long as they don't claim they're the ones who made them, aka. stealing the sprites.
A³pplejack
Spoken languages: English-Brazilian

Post by A³pplejack »

I agree with all said above.
Waffles~
Koda

Post by Koda »

HAHAHA wrote:I agree with all said above.
This. As a spriter, unless an edit is made for harmful purposes, I don't mind at all. In fact, I appreciate if people go such lengths to help me - after all, I always want to improve.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

It should be allowed unless the artist in question states that he really doesn't want it imo.
Edits to other sprites are usually made with the intention of helping people to improve, not to offend/make fun of them.

Therefore... agreed.
Tap

Post by Tap »

Fixed. =)
Now, leave Tap alone. ~_~ *is tired*
ImageImage
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

Blackrune wrote:It should be allowed unless the artist in question states that he really doesn't want it imo.
Edits to other sprites are usually made with the intention of helping people to improve, not to offend/make fun of them.

Therefore... agreed.
This. What I said in Tap's thread was just to make fun of the rules and for the trololol.
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
Meph

Post by Meph »

Maybe we should recommend to people to put their sprites under a creative commons license. It would make it much easier for them to clarify how they want their sprites to be used. :)
Tap

Re: Rules (last updated 2012-02-05)

Post by Tap »

For those who have yet to see it...
Tap wrote:A notice to all users:

It has been recently agreed upon by Ace Attorney Online staff to change the request rules, after a series of reports that have come in during the past couple of months. The previous request rules were based upon the following system.
  • 1. Post request.
    2. If it hasn't been taken after two weeks, you are entitled to bump it. There is no limit on the amount of times you may bump.
We have decided to amend the amount of times you are able to bump your request. From now on, you may only bump your request once if it has not been taken. If there are no replies to your bump, you must wait six months before posting it again. This may be changed in the future, but for the time being, we're taking a strict approach on request rules.

If you have any questions/concerns, please don't hesitate in sending one to myself or Meph. Thank you.
ImageImage
Phantom

Re: Rules (last updated 2012-02-05)

Post by Phantom »

It would be nice if there was a rule about posting a number of request items excessively and/or in succession, especially if the requester clearly shows he/she does not have progress on something that the request would be intended for.