The 'Your Art' forum is home to the many sprite, artwork and music threads of those who are well-known members of the community, or are developing their own trial in the 'Your Trials' forums. Not everyone is an artist, however, and if you are in need of a certain graphic, sprite, or music track, then this is the thread where you want to post your request. Do note, however, there are rules that are to be followed:
- All requests are to be posted in this thread. Request topics created by other users will be either locked or merged into this thread.
- You may request for sprites (sprite sheets, a set of animations for a character, etc). You are also free to request help on a sprite you are unable to finish it yourself.
- Graphics such as box-art, signatures, avatars etc can be requested more than once.
- Do not bump your request and do not post it more than once unless two weeks have passed. Do not complain if no one takes your request as the artists of AAO are not under any obligation to complete your request. If someone accepts your request, do not pester them to finish it.
- NOTICE: You may only bump your request once if it has not been taken. If there are no replies to your bump, you must wait six months before posting it again.
- Do NOT increase the size of your request with the "size" tag, bold it with the "b" tag and use the "I" tags for italics.
- Please try and offer something in return if you are requesting sprites in particular.
So, before AAO gets flooded with request topics, why not just have one?
So, yeah. If possible, could anyone sprite Shinta Kikuchi, the guy in my avv? Jibber did it, but that was only one pose and to be honest, I didn't like it that much.
Q: Does any of this have to be specific to the Ace Attorney Online case maker?
A: While certainly encouraged, no- you may request anything in this topic as long as it doesn't break forum rules. One of our (at the time) mods, Tap, created a rule due to an influx of people coming in to request things for another ace attorney fan site and then never coming back. He then repealed said rule on February 1st, 2013. Read the spoiler tag to see the post when this rule was taken down.
Tap wrote:Mr. Incognito wrote:Whoa whoa whoaDo not sign up to Ace Attorney Online to request sprites for a fangame you are making/advertising on Court-Records and/or using a non-AAO engine. This thread is for Ace Attorney Online-related requests only.
Won't lie, this seems a bit shifty Tap.
While I can somewhat understand the logic behind it, it's still a terrible idea.
Oh, that's an old rule. I think I posted it sometime back in mid or late 2010 when there was a massive explosion of C-R requests You know, people jumping from the Request Thread on Court-Records, copy pasting their request, and then pretty much going away. Back then, I think there were one or two artists in the Your Art forum. It was a pretty dull place. But yeah, we haven't had any dramas since as AAO seems to have taken pretty much 95% of all fangaming these days.
Might be time to remove it now, so thanks for bringing it up. I don't think we really need it anymore, but I do disagree that it is a "terrible" idea.