[Tap] Art: [Meows McKittens/Cait Sith]

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Tap
Spoken languages: English

[Tap] Art: [Meows McKittens/Cait Sith]

Post by Tap »

Welcome! I'm sure all of you know who I am but if not, here's a brief introduction. ^^
Spoiler : :
I'm Tap, the Art Moderator of this section. I've been a member of AAO since December 2009 which is when I started posting in the community. I started off developing my fangame series, Justice's Memoirs which I have been working on for nearly an entire year. I decided to join the spriting community to help develop my fangame however this was my first OC.

I used to be known as a very harsh critic on C-R however I stopped after I realized that those types of comments, despite how I tried to justify them, weren't positive and made the receiver feel very bad. Ever since then, I've been at work developing my artistic skills and it reached the point where I volunteered to moderate this small community of artists. :)
Requests:

I no longer accept requests for boxart and/or logos... I have created a guide in the Your Art forum featuring an incredibly easy to use template for your needs.
Spoiler : Old Post :
I do accept requests, but there are a few rules. Firstly, I don't accept custom sprites, music or digital art requests for the very simple reasons that I have a busy schedule, I'm not a musician and I don't own a tablet at the moment and cannot help you there.

I'm known for making box-art and logos, and have provided to both the English and French communities. However, there are certain rules I have with requesting box-art, so please make sure you have read them and are capable of requesting! :P

Boxart Request Rules:
  • There must be a thread for your series. I don't particularly like doing boxart for series that are unannounced since I can't trust whether or not it'd be a success or not.
  • You must have substantial proof of your series in development, such as a released part of your trial, or two collaborators who can confirm for you that you are working on this and you don't intend to abandon it.
  • If you've requested from me before and I know you pretty well, you don't need to follow the above rules. :P
Please be polite when you post your request. I am known to take quite a while in some situations due to my hectic and busy life. However, I will make it up with a high quality request of any sort. =)
Enjoy my thread!
Spoiler : Ace Attorney Sprites :

Oldbag: This world exists for me, Oldbag! I demand to be the new assistant in GK!
*poof*
Oldkay: Edgey-poo!
:P

A simple recolour and edit of Turner Grey's sprites. Meet Curtis Grey - his twin brother who is a Detective! Done for my own amusement. Use if you like.

Young!Udgey sheet. Incomplete.

My start at scratching a sprite. Everything except the palette and the suit buttons are scratched. *WIP*
Emerging Legacies/Other Game Sprites

The following sprite set was made by myself, but with help from gotMLK7 for a variety of individual poses. You may not use the following sprites for your own personal projects as the sprites are for gotMLK7's project, Emerging Legacies. If you wish to create a fan derative featuring Trace as the prosecutor and not are using him as stock sprites, then send me a PM and we'll discuss it.
Spoiler : Trace Leradine :
Normal

Document

Serious/Frown

Smug/Arrogant

Desk Slam (including start-up animation)

Objection (no start-up animation. I should also fix this one since the waistcoat is a bit odd... :P)

Sweating/Damage
Spoiler : Mr. X :
The following sprite was originally designed by gotMLK7, but I drew artwork of it and then used it to make it into a sprite. The end result were these poses. You may not use these revamped sprites unless you have permission from both gotMLK7 (for the character) and myself (revamped).

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler : Meows McKittens :
The following sprite has inspiration from a request by Buddy. I used the design of "Cait Sith" from FFVII, although I myself will be calling this cute chat "Meows McKittens." You may not use the sprites unless you have permission from myself first.

Image Image Image
Spoiler : Amon (Legend of Korra) :
You may not use the following sprite unless you have permission from myself first.

Justice's Memoirs

Spoiler : Scarlet Hall :
The following sprite's normal base was developed by AABattery. Further poses were made by me. You may not use the following sprites unless you have permission from myself first.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image ImageImage
Spoiler : :
Normal
Image Image

Thinking
Image Image

Krump!
Image Image

Mad!
Image Image

Arthur Gaines, Commander-in-Chief of the Republic of Zheng Fa's military. He makes an appearance in Case 2 as a guest at the esteemed Gatewater Imperial Hotel.
Credit: gotMLK7 for the base sprite
Spoiler : Box Art :
Spoiler : Logos! :
Spoiler : Graphics/Signature requests :P :
Spoiler : Graphics :
Spoiler : Sprite Requests :
ShadowEdgeworth

Trybien

BricksterAceAttorney
That's it for now. :D
Last edited by Tap on Thu May 13, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Trybien

Re: [Tap] Sprites :)

Post by Trybien »

Everyting looks interesting.

I notticed you posted the well-designed security guard for twaa

and you said you'll give an attempt at the twaa boxart, don't forget
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Tap

Post by Tap »

Haha, I don't deserve those compliments. My sprites are pretty crap compared to most ;)

Yeah, I'll do it. You are third on my list along with sjnp5. I'll do yours first though :D
ImageImage
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

Oh Tap, you beat yourself up too much. Sure you aren't a Ceres or a Zinle; but you are still good.
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

I agree with the spiky blue hedgehog
ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Trybien, I'm think you mean glowing golden hedgehog. XD

Yeah, these sprites are pretty darn good! Don't be so modest. Very nice work with Joss. :D

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Drammy said the same thing in the turnabout incidents thread.
Tap

Post by Tap »

Haha, thanks for the nice comments :)
ImageImage
Tap

Post by Tap »

UPDATE!

It's been a while since I updated this thread on AAO...in fact, this is the first update. :O
Spoiler : AAI Mini Sprites (Diego, Trucy, Grossberg) :
ImageImage
Spoiler : AA/AAI Sprites :
ImageImageImageImage

*The second sprite was made with the revamped Phoenix bases by RandomJibberish. Credit to him.
Spoiler : Evidence :
ImageImage
Small note: Requests are open but nothing too tough. ;p

And by tough, I mean big sprites. Only boxart, mini AAI sprites etc.
ImageImage
Powerdrone

Post by Powerdrone »

Diego mini sprite = EPIC. =D

Everything is looking good, my friend.
SuperGanondorf
Spoken languages: American English, learning German

Post by SuperGanondorf »

I love these sprites. The only issue I can find is the Grossberg mini sprite. The neck is a little strange, and he's too thin, but other than that one, I love them all (especially the Trucy ones)!
Main admin of the official AAO Chatroom
Ace Attorneys: Emerging Legacies Team Member
Creator of AAO's #1 Roleplay, Endless Time! Come join today!

It even has a TVTropes page!

ENDLESS TIME: WINNER OF BEST AAO RP
Also the winner of:
Spoiler : Endless Time's Awards :
Coolest Original Weapon or Power: The Relics
Best Villain: Thereme
Most Well-Written Character, Most Original Character Concept, Best Design: Narome (LunchPolice)
Most Depressing Character, Greatest Backstory: Kenneth Roymond (GuardianDreamer)
Greatest RP Moment Ever, Saddest Moment: Narome's Feeding off Mika
Best NPC: The Doctor (ShadowEdgeworth)
Best Fight Scene: Drey Wilkins vs. Narome (Drey Wilkins, LunchPolice)
Best World
Most Eccentric Character: Ewyn (GuardianDreamer)
Best Duo: Narome and Kea (LunchPolice, Paradoxinparticles)
Biggest Crowning Moment of Awesome: The Sabolin Battle
And Best GM: ME ;P
Tap

Post by Tap »

Powerdrone311 wrote:Diego mini sprite = EPIC. =D

Everything is looking good, my friend.
Thanks. ^^
SuperGanondorf wrote:I love these sprites. The only issue I can find is the Grossberg mini sprite. The neck is a little strange, and he's too thin, but other than that one, I love them all (especially the Trucy ones)!
Grossberg was a pain. I couldn't figure out how to do his hair and glasses properly. Thanks for the critique about the neck and...grr...how fat he is. This is Grossberg 3.0 and every time I make him fatter, he looks really weird. I don't know how to describe it but thanks for your comments.

I'm doing a request for BSX (a custom detective *gasp*) and working on the bases for a few special characters in JM so expect some new sprites soon.
ImageImage
Stargreg

Post by Stargreg »

You're good as a artist, but aside from simple Sprites do you still try editing backgrounds? The last one you made was awesome :awesome: . Nice sprites you have there, I like the "mini" Diego :lol:
Tap

Post by Tap »

Stargreg wrote:You're good as a artist, but aside from simple Sprites do you still try editing backgrounds? The last one you made was awesome :awesome: . Nice sprites you have there, I like the "mini" Diego :lol:
Not really. XD I did say that I'd try those other backgrounds so if you post your request here, I'll have a go at them.
ImageImage
Stargreg

Post by Stargreg »

Tap wrote:
Stargreg wrote:You're good as a artist, but aside from simple Sprites do you still try editing backgrounds? The last one you made was awesome :awesome: . Nice sprites you have there, I like the "mini" Diego :lol:
Not really. XD I did say that I'd try those other backgrounds so if you post your request here, I'll have a go at them.
Allright Ill know who to turn to then when I need them :D