Singidava's Art Thread

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

King Treuth
Spoken languages: English, learning 日本語

Re: Singidava's Art Thread (sprite artist taking requests)

Post by King Treuth »

These are great. Thank you. That response is becoming redundant. I should think of something else.
"I'M NAKED!!! THIS IS SO WRONG!!!"
-Ashura
LucasJay
Spoken languages: English

Post by LucasJay »

'bout the sketches you sent me....
I LUVS THEM!! Your side notes on them made me laugh xD
ThePaSch
Spoken languages: English, German (native)

Post by ThePaSch »

I also have a request. Would be the third in the queue, gee, I wish I'd seen this thread before. :P

His name is Cyrus Fortis, and he's a ruthless, but nice prosecutor (kinda like Klavier Gavin, but more ruthless in court). He'll be the prosecutor for cases 4 and 5 of my fangame Phoenix Wright: Time for Changes.
The first case he'll prosecute is the murder of Larry Butz, Phoenix Wright's lifelong friend. The reason Edgeworth doesn't prosecute is that he'll be the defense attorney for that case, as Phoenix is under custody as the primary murder suspect. Fortis has a deep hatred for defense attorneys, as his sister, Mona Fortis, has been killed by one, who then defended himself and actually won the case with forged evidence.
His primary goal is to convict every defendant that is accused of any crime, even if it would be his own mother. He hates all criminals, just like he hates defense attorneys. He always stays calm, even if he's cornered, and he can live with the truth if it comes out that the defendant is actually not the real culprit.
His emotes (5 of them, as you wrote that you'll draw 5). He's behind the prosecutor's bench, so I don't need front sprites:
1. Normal, arms crossed, calm face. His "idle" state.
2. Grinning, arms on the table. That's when he presents damning evidence.
3. Angry, but not too angry face. That's when Wright presents counter evidence.
4. Objection pose, finger pointing at Wright, determined face. You probably know what I mean. ;)
5. Sad pose, arms on the table. Sweat running down his face. That's when he's desperate.
Also, I would really appreciate if you drew the close-up of his face (when the moving blue lines are in the background), but you don't have to.
He should wear a black suit with his prosecutor's badge attached. Under his suit, he should wear a white shirt with a red tie. Also, he wears white gloves. He should have a nice face, but he also should look really, really angry in his angry pose.
Size should be the normal PW size, just make them as big as Treuth's sprites.

Thank's a lot in advance! Great art you got there.
paradoxinparticles
Spoken languages: English, French

Post by paradoxinparticles »

Name: Nova Kaine
Personality: She is a nurse with a cold and prickly disposition. She is very professional at all times and is very blunt and direct. She can be a bit of a witch.
Summary of the plot of the case he/she is involved in: Apollo Justice is attacked and almost killed, and she is the nurse assigned to his room at the Hickfield clinic. She constantly refuses to allow Phoenix/Trucy/Ema/anyone access to him (She may or may not be hired by the person who attacked Apollo to finish the job --- I haven't yet decided).
Character's position: Witness (possibly part criminal)
Character's occupation: Nurse
Descriptions of his/hers emotions: Serious/cold, annoyed, sweating, some sort of breakdown, sad
Size: typical AA size... the same as Kind Treuth's, I suppose!

I don't need anything in particular with her looks... she can have any coloured hair, eyes, skin, whatever. She just needs to be wearing some sort of nurse's uniform.

I don't mind being... what, fourth? in the queue, because this case won't be ready for a while. I just figured I'd ask way ahead of time instead of freaking out because I wouldn't make it myself. :P
Thank you so much in advance!
call me Parrie

"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear and will let it pass through me."
-Frank Herbert

I make boxart now
King Treuth

Post by King Treuth »

paradoxinparticles wrote:Kind Treuth's, I suppose!
I am a very kind Treuth.
-Ashura
paradoxinparticles
Spoken languages: English, French

Post by paradoxinparticles »

King Treuth wrote:
paradoxinparticles wrote:Kind Treuth's, I suppose!
I am a very kind Treuth.
GRIGHUIRASHNGJSRAHJKDLFASJDKFLAS.
I suck at typing, lately.
It's because of my stupid wonderful MacbookPro. It's like impossible to make accidental typos on a Mac keyboard.
Then I come back to this and fail everywhere.

Just so this doesn't get off-topic, Singidava, you are seriously amazing at spriting! Why did you decide to just take request? Something to do? XD
call me Parrie

"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear and will let it pass through me."
-Frank Herbert

I make boxart now
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

paradoxinparticles wrote:Just so this doesn't get off-topic, Singidava, you are seriously amazing at spriting! Why did you decide to just take request? Something to do? XD
To be honest it's because I was annoyed to see how little new sprites people use in their fangames. I like more badly drawn sprites than just re-using the original with a new name. That's why I decided to show how it's done. :fran:
Of course boredom had something to do with it too.

Aaaand another big reason was... ...I had never made sprites or any kind of art for games before. I just wanted to do something new. You may not believe me, but "Andrew Webster: serious" was my first sprite ever.
Last edited by Singidava on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Treuth

Post by King Treuth »

Singidava wrote:You may not believe me, but "Andrew Webster: serious" was my first sprite ever.
THAT came as a shock.
-Ashura
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

King Treuth wrote:
Singidava wrote:You may not believe me, but "Andrew Webster: serious" was my first sprite ever.
THAT came as a shock.
And I knew it would. Forgive me my arrogance.
Last edited by Singidava on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hodou Okappa
Spoken languages: English

Post by Hodou Okappa »

I'm not all that shocked to hear it. :P It's very good but it's clearly got a style that hasn't been affected by spriting practice yet (in a good way, in that it looks unique.)

Then again my first few sprites were all horrific franken-creations, so...
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

okappa wrote:I'm not all that shocked to hear it. :P It's very good but it's clearly got a style that hasn't been affected by spriting practice yet (in a good way, in that it looks unique.)
Then I just have to become even better. I'll be improving. :cute:

Anyways I have something to say too, and it's about emotes. I have decided to do all the emotes that King Treuth asked me to (because his request was my first "job" :D ), but after that I do only five emotes per request. I also may add something bonus if asked, for example ThePaSch's request of close-up. If you want more emotes send another request (but only after I have completed the first).
Last edited by Singidava on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

I have now three emotes more. Since King Threuth asked so many I only redid the faces. Next time I'll be posting completely new material. Now I also have the sketches ready for rest of the emotes.
Spoiler : :
Bored:
Angry:
Cynical:
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

Hmm... I'm either really unpopular or really fast to draw, since I have to triple-post to my own thread...

Well I've got the emote I promised earlier. I tried some new techniques too, though the result looks pretty much the same, I think. Foldings in his clothings are still over the top... By the way I've got currently 29 animation frames for Andrew Webster. The sprite sheet I'm going to make will be huge... Well, they usually are.
Spoiler : :
Thoughtful:
King Treuth

Post by King Treuth »

And this isn't supposed to be a co-council, right?
-Ashura
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

Originally it wasn't meant to be, but I'm starting to think it could be used both ways. Now I have "only" biting his nails, objection and co-council emotes left to do. It may sound little, but let's see... It means I have at least another 27 frames to go, since I have to remake all the emotions (minus otaku face) for co-council... That's why I don't think my patience is long enough to make 3 more frames... There probably be over 59 frames in the sprite sheet when it's ready. Oh, and I forget to mention I still need to make blinking frames with his mouth shut (since I made him blink with his mouth open in the current frames), so this would make at least eight frames more. 59 + 8 = 67... The sprite sheet will really be huge...

...and this is why 5 emotes per request -rule takes place after this request.