gotMLK7's Sprite Thread -Requests Closed-

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Re: gotMLK7's Sprite Thread -Requests Closed-

Post by Mimi »

I find it strange to criticize something he did a long time ago... he's improved since then. But meh. :) Either way, it won't change my opinion of his unique sprites.
FenrirDarkWolf
Spoken languages: English

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

I agree, I like his style.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

I find it strange that the "critiques" are 90% calling the person ugly or complaining about traits of a character like a big forehead or a somewhat masculine female. That's not really going to offer any help improving technique. It's not constructive criticism, it's just criticism.
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

deHughes wrote:I find it strange that the "critiques" are 90% calling the person ugly or complaining about traits of a character like a big forehead or a somewhat masculine female. That's not really going to offer any help improving technique. It's not constructive criticism, it's just criticism.
I kinda noticed that too...
He got some terms wrong too, like calling Edwin's hat a fedora when it's obviously Trucy's top hat, and I'm pretty sure Grant was made from young Edgey, not Phoenix, but, whatev's.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

deHughes wrote:I find it strange that the "critiques" are 90% calling the person ugly or complaining about traits of a character like a big forehead or a somewhat masculine female. That's not really going to offer any help improving technique. It's not constructive criticism, it's just criticism.
Couldn't say it any better..
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

I guess I might as well post this while this thread is (randomly) revived.
This is a sprite of my YouTube persona "The Wandering Detective", aka me in a trenchcoat and fedora.
This is my most recent sprite, and was made in a different method (which is whit it looks more HD than the rest). So yeah, please criticsize this, it's far more updated.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

That's good, it's so clean!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Wait wait wait... did your avatar change? And that trenchcoat looks very familiar...

Criticism? Erm, let's see... This is just personal preference, but I find his mouth too low on his face. Is it also a little crooked? Some outlines are pretty thick.

However, your sprite is very clean! It's very pleasant to look at. :lotta: The style and shading is also consistent.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Thanks!

Yeah, the mouth is a little crooked since it's supposed to be a smirk, and I guess I see what you mean by it being low (though I feel I'd have to move up the nose if I moved it up...hrm...). And yeah, the method I used uses thicker lines, so I see what you mean.

Also, random avatar of my 26 RP characters. It changes when you refresh. ;D
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Man, everyone nowadays uses the dynamic avatar/signature! :shock:
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Hell yes. The shading on this is sooooooo much better than your usual style.

The shading is a bit too light on the outline of the collar, mind you, but it's still a really big improvement.

The facial features, though... they're a tad wonky. Like, the mouth looks really jagged, and those glasses just feel really fake somehow.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

He's got a glassy face.

Oh and the hat is so low-quality compared to the rest of the guy...including the black line at the top of the hat ;P
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

The sheen on the glasses...
It just looks unnatural and a bit weird...
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Nyhmthetim

Post by Nyhmthetim »

This all the criticism I feel like: It's Leon, with a black fedora, and glasses. Leon looks cooler without glasses. Everyone does except for those who don't. (LOL, okay fine) Everyone USUALLY does.... ....except for those who don't :3. I personally have a grudge against mine own glasses. (No, it's correct grammar. They talk like that in the bible somewhere, I think.) Glasses are a necessity, NOT an accessory. (Shades don't count as glasses. They don't have proper lensing enhancement. And shades were MADE to be an accessory.) If you can't pull off wearing glasses and STILL looking cool (which is hard), DON'T. It just makes you look like a nerd and your that more harder to look at XD so do fashion a favor and don't look bad with glasses on. (No homo)

EDIT: Woah bro, wtf happened with Mono? I don't remember insulting him or anything. Are you alright Mono?
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Kay, thanks for all the advice guys, I'll try and work on those details before I consider using this sprite for a video or something.

Also, Nyhm, this is based on me (ie me in a fedora and trenchcoat) and I happen to wear glasses and don't own contacts, so...yeah. Though I personally think I look pretty legit in my specs.

And Mono's fine, he was just being a d*ck.